Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-00.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:07:03 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
EngineID Discovery
	Author(s)	: J. Schoenwaelder
	Filename	: draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2006-12-13
	
   To retrieve management information using the third version of the
   Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), it is necessary to know
   the identifier of the remote SNMP protocol engine.  This document
   introduces a discovery mechanism which can be used to learn the
   engine identifier of a remote SNMP protocol engine.  The proposed
   mechanism is independent of the features provided by SNMP security
   models and may be used also by other protocol interfaces to discover
   the engine identifier.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
MIB-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mib-doctors