Subject: [MIB-DOCTORS] FW: WG Review: Recharter of ADSL MIB (adslmib)

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:24:12 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
IESG Secretary
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: WG Review: Recharter of ADSL MIB (adslmib) 

A modified charter has been submitted for the ADSL MIB (adslmib) working
group in the Operations and Management Area of the IETF.  The IESG has
not made any determination as yet.  The modified charter is provided
below for informational purposes only.  Please send your comments to the
IESG mailing list ([email-masked]) by Tuesday, March 2, 2010.

ADSL MIB (adslmib)
-------------------------------
Current Status: Active Working Group
Last Modified: 2010-02-14 

Additional information is available at tools.ietf.org/wg/adslmib

Chair(s):
 * Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
 * Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
 * Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
 * Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>

Editor(s):
 * Scott Baillie <[email-masked]>
 * Moti Morgenstern <[email-masked]>
 * Umberto Bonollo <[email-masked]>
 * Edward Beili <[email-masked]> 

Mailing Lists:
 General Discussion: [email-masked]
 To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
 Archive:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/adslmib/current/maillist.html

Description of Working Group:

The working group will define: 

1. A set of managed objects to handle the bonding of xDSL lines
according to the ITU-T Recommendations G.998.1 (ATM), G.998.2 (Ethernet)
and G.998.3 (TDIM). A common MIB module will be developed to handle the
common objects and three specific MIB modules will be developed to
handle the three separate layer-2 technologies. Use will be made of the
ifStack and ifInvStack Tables defined in RFC 2863 and RFC 2864
respectively. Use will also be made of the ifCapStack and ifInvCapStack
tables as defined in RFC 5066. The Broadband forum TR-159 will be used
in the definition of these MIBs.

2. The working group will develop a set of managed objects as an
optional extension to RFC 5650 that shall provide an alternative
approach, known as the "Vector of Profiles", for the configuration of
DSL lines. The Vector of Profiles MIB will be based on the Broadband
Forum TR-165 document. The ITU-T G.997.1 will also be considered in the
definition of this extension.

The MIB modules defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2,
will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will describe
the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such as those
described in other work products of this Working Group, the interfaces
MIB, the Ethernet MIB modules and the AToM MIB. 

Goals and Milestones:

Done Submit Internet-Draft to cover subscriber equipment Done Meet at
Chicago IETF to review Internet-Drafts Done Submit Internet-Draft to
IESG for consideration as Proposed 
     Standard. 
Done Meet at Oslo IETF to review new Internet-Drafts and discuss 
     implementation experience on initial MIB Done Submit supplementary
Internet-Draft to IESG for consideration as 
     Proposed Standard. 
Done Produce Internet-Draft covering HDSL2 management objects. 
Done Submit updated HDSL2/SHDSL Internet-Draft Done Complete WG last
call for HDSL2/SHDSL management objects Done Collect implementation
reports for ADSL MIB Done Submit HDSL2/SHDSL MIB to IESG for
consideration as Proposed 
     Standard
Done Submit initial Internet-Draft VDSL MIB Done Complete WG last call
on VDSL MIB Done Submit updated VDSL MIB Internet-Draft Done Submit
final VDSL MIB Internet-Draft Done Submit VDSL MIB to IESG for
consideration as Proposed Standard Done New WG I-Ds for the LCS MCM and
SCM MIB modules Done Initial WG Internet-Draft covering ADSL2 management
objects Done Integrate working group changes and produce revised draft
Done Complete WG last call on ADSL2 MIB Done Submit ADSL2 MIB to IESG
for consideration as Proposed Standard Done Re-charter or close down
Done Initial WG Internet-Draft covering VDSL2 management objects Done
Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum that work on the VDSL2 MIB has begun Done
Integrate working group changes and produce revised VDSL2 MIB draft Done
Post Initial Drafts of all the xDsl Bonding MIB drafts Done Post Vdsl2
draft version 03 Done Post Vdsl2 draft version 04. 
Done Complete Thorough Working Group Reviews of the Vdsl2 draft and 
     produce version 05. 
Done Working Group Last Call for the Vdsl2 document. 
Done Early MIB Doctor Reviews of the Vdsl2 draft. 
Done Make Correction to the draft following the review. 
Done Working Group Last Call for the Vdsl2 document following 
     corrections. 
Done Present the Vdsl2 document to the IESG. 
Feb 2010 Submit updated ATM and Ethernet G.Bond MIB drafts.
Mar 2010 Initial Vector of Profiles draft to be accepted by the Working 
     Group.
Apr 2010 Submit G.Bond MIB and TDIM MIB Drafts Apr 2010 Submit Vector of
Profiles Draft version 01 May 2010 Working Group Last Call on all the G.
Bond documents.
Jun 2010 Submit G.Bond documents to IESG as Proposed Standard Jun 2010
Revise the draft and post vector of Profiles draft version 02.
Jul 2010 Working Group Last Call for the Vector of Profiles draft.
Aug 2010 Post Vector of Profiles Draft version 03.
Sep 2010 Submit the Vector Of Profile document to the IESG as Proposed 
     Standard.
Oct 2010 Re-charter or close down.