Subject: [mif] FW: I-D Action:draft-hong-mif-analysis-scenario-01.txt

From: Yong-Geun Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:50:06 +0900

Hi, all.

We update "Analysis and scenarios of multiple interfaces in a host"

It is appreciate to comment.

Best regards.

Yong-Geun.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 8:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-hong-mif-analysis-scenario-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title           : Analysis and scenarios of multiple interfaces in a
host

       Author(s)       : Y. Hong, et al.

       Filename        : draft-hong-mif-analysis-scenario-01.txt

       Pages           : 29

       Date            : 2009-07-13

This document includes an analysis of multiple interfaces in a host and a
description of scenarios of multiple interfaces with the respect of the
relationship between layer 2 connection and layer 3 connection.  The current
TCP/IP mechanism and networking methods are suitable for single network
interface.  When a host has multiple interfaces, the current TCP/IP
mechanism and networking methods cannot directly be used for them.  A
network interface establishes layer 2 connection to layer 2 entity (e.g.,
WLAN Access Point) and it does not mean providing proper layer 3 connection.
So every active network interfaces do not guarantee successful IP layer
operations.

In this document, we describe some problems for a host which has multiple
interfaces as an aspect of host's operations and usage scenarios of multiple
interfaces in a host.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-mif-analysis-scenario-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.