Subject: [mif] Questions on the draft-ko-mif-security-considerations presentation during the IETF meeting

From: Jean-Michel Combes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:14:05 +0200

Hi,

On the presentation slides, IIRC, it is said that "MIF must not
prevent the leakage of confidential information from one interface to
other interfaces.".
But, in the draft, it is said the opposite (i.e. "MIF must prevent the
leakage of confidential information from one interface to other
interfaces.").

What is the correct requirement (I assume the one in the draft but I
would like to have a confirmation)?
What are the reasons of such a requirement (e.g. a potential attack scenario)?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

JMC.

---

From: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 04:25:58 -0500

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
>Jean-Michel Combes
>Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:14 AM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [mif] Questions on the draft-ko-mif-security-considerations
>presentation during the IETF meeting
>
>Hi,
>

>prevent the leakage of confidential information from one interface to

I believe the following is correct, but my interpretation when reading is related to data flow and not configuration.  When I read the below I thought this meant that if I have something like a split VPN that data to the corporate network should not leak to the public network and visa versa.

>leakage of confidential information from one interface to other

-- will