Subject: [mif] Recharter discussion - update again

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:56:52 +0800

Hi All

Update it again, check below:

Regards,

-Hui

1) Split-DNS solution:
a specification for describing a way for a network to communicate to
nodes information required to perform advanced DNS server selection
in split-DNS deployments. The specification shall describe the
information to be delivered for nodes and the protocol to be used
for delivery.

2) DHCPv6 routing configuration:
a specification of DHCPv6 options allowing client nodes to perform
route table configuration.

3) MIF API:
While no changes are needed for applications to run on multiple
interface hosts, this API could provide additional services to
applications running on hosts attached to multiple provisioning
domains. For instance, these services could help in solving
first-hop, source address and/or DNS selection issues.

 Goals and Milestones
Nov 2010: Initial WG draft on Split-DNS solution
Nov 2010: Initial WG draft on DHCPv6 option for routing configuration
Nov 2010: Initial WG draft on MIF API extension.
Nov 2011: Submit Split-DNS solution to IESG for publication as
 a Proposed Standard RFC
Nov 2011: Submit DHCPv6 routing configuration option to IESG for publication
as a
 Proposed Standard RFC
Nov 2011: Submit MIF API extension solution to IESG for publication
 as an Informational RFC