Subject: [mif] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 05:27:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiple Interfaces and Provisioning Domains Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Marc Blanchet
                          Pierrick Seite
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-15.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-05-09

   This document describes issues encountered by a node attached to
   multiple provisioning domains.  This node receives configuration
   information from each of its provisioning domains where some
   configuration objects are global to the node, others are local to the
   interface.  Issues such as selecting the wrong interface to send
   trafic happen when conflicting node-scoped configuration objects are
   received and inappropriately used.  Moreover, other issues are the
   result of simulatenous attachment to multiple networks, such as
   domain selection or addressing and naming space overlaps, regardless
   of the provisioning mechanism.  While multiple provisioning domains
   are typically seen on nodes with multiple interfaces, this document
   also discusses single interface nodes situation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mif-problem-statement-15.txt