Subject: [mif] New Draft - Relay-Supplied DHCPv6 Precedence Options

From: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:29:42 +0530

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title : Relay-Supplied DHCPv6 Precedence Options

Author(s) : Tirumaleswar Reddy

            Prashanth Patil

            Dan Wing

Filename : draft-reddy-mif-dhcpv6-precedence-ops-00.txt

Pages : 11

Date : 2011-10-14

This draft proposes a new DHCPv6 options to be added by the DHCPv6 relay
agent when it generates a Relay-Forwarded message. These new DHCPv6
options convey information about the host and about dynamic network
characteristics to influence the DHCPv6 server to generate a reply that
is appropriate for that host and the current network characteristics. On
a dynamic network, the DHCPv6 relay agent can observe characteristics of
a network -- such as IPv6 multihoming which might be temporarily
unavailable or need load balancing of traffic towards each upstream
ISPs, can disable IPv6 Temporary address. By including additional
information in relayed DHCPv6 messages, the DHCPv6 relay agent can
influence the DHCPv6 server to provide answers that are better suited to
the host's configuration on the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-mif-dhcpv6-precedence-op
s-00.txt

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-mif-dhcpv6-precedence-ops
-00.txt

Please kindly review it. Comments welcome.

--Tiru.