Subject: [mif] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:09:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Happy Eyeballs Extension for Multiple Interfaces
	Author(s)       : Gang Chen
                          Carl Williams
                          Dan Wing
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   Currently the interface selection in multi-interface environment is
   exclusive - only one interface can be used at the time, frequently
   needing manual intervention.  Happy Eyeballs in MIF would make the
   selection process smoother by using the connectivity checks over a
   pre-filtered interfaces according to defined policy.  This would
   choose "best" interface with an automatic fallback.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mif-happy-eyeballs-extension-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: GangChen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:04:26 +0800

Hello all,

We have posted a new draft trying to address the discussions of DNS
selections with HE-MIF

The updates includes:
1) add NCSI implementation of Microsoft and apple description into the
sort process(see section 4.2)
2) add a separated section 6.3 to discuss the relation of HE-MIF with
DNS selections

Your review and futher comments are welcome.

Best Regards

Gang

2013/2/25, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>