Subject: [mile] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 17:55:44 -0400

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:15:01 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

     Title         : Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)
     Author(s)     : K. Moriarty
     Filename      : draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt
     Pages         : 70
     Date          : 2011-08-26

This document provides minor updates to Real-time Inter-network
    Defense (RID) [RFC6045].  Network security incidents, such as system
    compromises, worms, viruses, phishing incidents, and denial of
    service, typically result in the loss of service, data, and resources
    both human and system.  Network providers and Computer Security
    Incident Response Teams need to be equipped and ready to assist in
    communicating and tracing security incidents with tools and
    procedures in place before the occurrence of an attack.  Real-time
    Inter-network Defense (RID) outlines a proactive inter-network
    communication method to facilitate sharing incident handling data
    while integrating existing detection, tracing, source identification,
    and mitigation mechanisms for a complete incident handling solution.
    Combining these capabilities in a communication system provides a way
    to achieve higher security levels on networks.  Policy guidelines for
    handling incidents are recommended and can be agreed upon by a
    consortium using the security recommendations and considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:59:01 -0400

Kathleen,

Three minor things:

1. If this draft updates RFC 6045 you need to put "Updates: 6045 (once 
approved)" in the header (and you can replace "Individual Submission" 
with "Network Working Group"):

OLD:

Individual Submission                                        K. Moriarty
Internet-Draft                                                       EMC
Intended status: Standards Track                         August 26, 2011
Expires: February 27, 2012

NEW:

Network Working Group                                        K. Moriarty
Internet-Draft                                                       EMC
Updates: 6045 (once approved)                            August 26, 2011
Intended status: Standards Track
Expires: February 27, 2012

2. You need to have a section that tells the readers what changed.  This 
will aid users who don't know how to use the tools pages to see the 
differences.  For those, who are curious, here are the changes:

http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc6045.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt

3. From the nits checker, I think you can delete the reference

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC5275' is defined on line 3164, but no explicit
      reference was found in the text

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC2827' is defined on line 3189, but no explicit
      reference was found in the text

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC3917' is defined on line 3198, but no explicit
      reference was found in the text

and you need to add these:

  == Missing Reference: 'XMLschema' is mentioned on line 3089, but not
     defined

  == Missing Reference: 'XMLnames' is mentioned on line 1073, but not
     defined

  == Missing Reference: 'XMLsig' is mentioned on line 2781, but not
     defined

  == Missing Reference: 'XMLencrypt' is mentioned on line 3015, but not
     defined

and one it didn't catch [XML1.0].

spt

On 8/26/11 7:15 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 15:33:53 -0400

Thank you, Sean!

I will make the updates in the next revision along with any other edits that may be necessary from comments.

Best regards,
Kathleen
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sean Turner [[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mile] I-D ACTION:draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-00.txt

Kathleen,

Three minor things:

OLD:

NEW:

spt

_______________________________________________
mile mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile