Subject: [mile] Reminder about IETF IPR Policy

From: "Moriarty, Kathleen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 11:00:37 -0400

Dear MILE WG:

   As MILE WG chairs, we would like to minimize or hopefully even
   eliminate late disclosures relating to documents under consideration
   within the MILE WG.  Therefore you might see us send "reminder"
   messages in the future to authors or to the MILE WG email list as a
   whole, asking people whether they know of Intellectual Property
   Rights (IPR) relating to specific documents.  In order to comply with
   IETF processes and avoid unnecessary delays, document authors and
   contributors to our discussions in the MILE WG are asked to pay
   careful attention to these messages and to reply in a timely fashion.

   Please note that these messages are only reminders of existing IETF
   policy, and we are all bound by that policy even in the absence of
   such reminder messages.  Everyone who participates in the Internet
   Standards Process (whether by posting to IETF mailing lists,
   authoring documents, attending IETF meetings, or in other ways) needs
   to be aware of the IETF rules with regard to IPR.  These rules are
   described in BCP79 and can be referenced through
   <http://www.ietf.org/ipr/policy.html>.  In addition, online tools for
   filing IPR disclosures can be found at
   <http://www.ietf.org/ipr/file-disclosure>.  Finally, existing
   disclosures can be searched online at
   <https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/>.

   Also note that these are personal requirements applying to all IETF
   participants as individuals, and that these requirements also apply
   to all participants in the MILE WG.

   Thanks,

   Kathleen & Brian
   (MILE WG Co-chairs)