Subject: [mile] ROLIE draft

From: John Field <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 14:03:21 -0500

Dear All,

The ROLIE draft ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-field-mile-rolie-02 )
which proposed a RESTful approach to cyber security information sharing has
not seen any activity in the last six months.   When the -00 draft was
first posted, there was some definite interest in the idea, and there were
subsequently -01 and -02 draft revisions.  However, in recent months the
team has clearly been very busy pursuing other important work.

Unfortunately, due to other commitments I was not able to attend the WG
meeting in London this week, and so I did not request time on the agenda.
 But, given that many participants will be focused on MILE-related
activities over the next few days, I thought this might be a good time to
send a reminder and poll the team.  I'd like to know for planning purposes
if the team thinks it will make sense to revisit the RESTful binding
discussion at some point.  It would also be helpful to know if anyone has
implemented, or might be considering an implementation.

Please indicate via, e.g. a simple  +1  if implementing or otherwise
interested.

Thanks,
John

-- 

John P. Field | Security Architect | Pivotal

Direct: (908) 962-3394 | [email-masked]

**
*goPivotal.com <http://www.goPivotal.com>*

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 19:44:51 +0000

+1

Kent Landfield
Mobile: +1.817.637.8026

From: John Field <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [mile] ROLIE draft

Dear All,

The ROLIE draft ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-field-mile-rolie-02 ) whichproposed a RESTful approach to cyber security information sharing has not seen any activity in the last six months.   When the -00 draft was first posted, there was some definite interest in the idea, and there were subsequently -01 and -02 draft revisions.  However, in recent months the team has clearly been very busy pursuing other important work.

Unfortunately, due to other commitments I was not able to attend the WG meeting in London this week, and so I did not request time on the agenda.  But, given that many participants will be focused on MILE-related activities over the next few days, I thought this might be a good time to send a reminder and poll the team.  I'd like to know for planning purposes if the team thinks it will make sense to revisit the RESTful binding discussion at some point.  It would also be helpful to know if anyone has implemented, or might be considering an implementation.

Please indicate via, e.g. a simple  +1  if implementing or otherwise interested.

Thanks,
John

--

Direct: (908) 962-3394 | [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

goPivotal.com<http://www.goPivotal.com>

---

From: "Panos Kampanakis (pkampana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 20:51:12 +0000

I think rolie has advantages, so +1.
Panos

From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:45 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mile] ROLIE draft

+1

Kent Landfield

Mobile: +1.817.637.8026

Dear All,

Thanks,
John
--

---

From: "Waltermire, David A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 17:17:03 +0000

+1 and implimenting something related in open source.

As I have mentioned before, I believe this type of approach addresses one of the chartered areas of work in SACM around "content repositories." I am interested in looking at how we can break up this work into multiple drafts (e.g., core, MILE use, SACM use) to make it applicable to both WGs, since parts of the draft is applicable to both WGs, but other aspects are specific to specialized use cases in each WG. I am willing to work on this if we can find a way to address both MILE and SACM use cases collectively through multiple drafts.

Thanks,

Dave

________________________________
From: mile <[email-masked]> on behalf of Panos Kampanakis (pkampana) <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 9:51 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mile] ROLIE draft

+1

Kent Landfield

Mobile: +1.817.637.8026

Dear All,

Thanks,
John
--

goPivotal.com<http://www.gopivotal.com/>

---

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 05:43:42 +0900

I like the RESTful approach, so +1.

Take

From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Waltermire, David A.
Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 2:17 AM
To: Panos Kampanakis (pkampana); [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mile] ROLIE draft

As I have mentioned before, I believe this type of approach addresses one of
the chartered areas of work in SACM around "content repositories." I am
interested in looking at how we can break up this work into multiple drafts
(e.g., core, MILE use, SACM use) to make it applicable to both WGs, since
parts of the draft is applicable to both WGs, but other aspects are specific
to specialized use cases in each WG. I am willing to work on this if we can
find a way to address both MILE and SACM use cases collectively through
multiple drafts.

An

Thanks,

Dave

  _____  

From: mile <[email-masked]> on behalf of Panos Kampanakis (pkampana)
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 9:51 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mile] ROLIE draft 

Panos

From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:45 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mile] ROLIE draft

+1

Kent Landfield

Mobile: +1.817.637.8026

From: John Field <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [mile] ROLIE draft

Dear All,

The ROLIE draft (  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-field-mile-rolie-02>
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-field-mile-rolie-02 ) whichproposed a
RESTful approach to cyber security information sharing has not seen any
activity in the last six months.   When the -00 draft was first posted,
there was some definite interest in the idea, and there were subsequently
-01 and -02 draft revisions.  However, in recent months the team has clearly
been very busy pursuing other important work.

Unfortunately, due to other commitments I was not able to attend the WG
meeting in London this week, and so I did not request time on the agenda.
But, given that many participants will be focused on MILE-related activities
over the next few days, I thought this might be a good time to send a
reminder and poll the team.  I'd like to know for planning purposes if the
team thinks it will make sense to revisit the RESTful binding discussion at
some point.  It would also be helpful to know if anyone has implemented, or
might be considering an implementation.  

Thanks,
John

-- 

cid:332B1A9B-BFB1-42CC-8C13-5949BB4B8266 

 <http://www.gopivotal.com/> goPivotal.com

---

From: "Roman D. Danyliw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 22:37:23 +0000

+1. I too believe we should further explore this approach.

On Mar 6, 2014, at 8:44 PM, "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Take

From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Waltermire, David A.
Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 2:17 AM
To: Panos Kampanakis (pkampana); [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [mile] ROLIE draft

                                                                                                                                                                                      An

Thanks,

Dave

________________________________
From: mile <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> on behalf of Panos Kampanakis (pkampana) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 9:51 PM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [mile] ROLIE draft

From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:45 PM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [mile] ROLIE draft

+1

Kent Landfield
Mobile: +1.817.637.8026

Dear All,

Thanks,
John
--

goPivotal.com<http://www.gopivotal.com/>
_______________________________________________
mile mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile