Subject: Re: [mile] Please provide comments to draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 22:18:31 +0900

Hello Nancy,

I have read the draft and have got a couple of questions and comments on the
XMPP-grid draft.
I might have misunderstood something, but I would appreciate your answers to
the following questions.

[Section 1.3 Overview of XMPP-grid]

a. Regarding "Grid Connect", how can we know the location of the Controller?
Does either XMPP or XMPP-grid provide such scheme? Or, are we supposed to
know the Controller in advance by using external means?

b. Regarding "publish topic", does XMPP-grid allow us to publish a data
(that is a part of a Topic)?
If I understood correctly, Topic is a series of (a group of) security items,
and "publish topic" operation is prepared for publishing topic, not an item.

[Section 2.1 XMPP Overview]

a. Regarding figure 3, if the XMPP server does not equip with the Grid
controller, what type of error messages can publisher receive?

[Section 2.6 XMPP-Grid Protocol Details]

a. In the first bullet "Register the Node to XMPP-Grid", the sentence says
'"[email-masked]/mac" sends the following ...', but the example XML below
the sentence says 'from=[email-masked]/syam-mac"...'. One of the two might
be a typo.

b. In the example XMLs, I prefer to see <login/> rather than
<login></login>. Likewise, <register/> and <logout/> could be used.

[abstract]

a. Are you going to produce an RFC that defines XMPP-grid somewhere else?
(If this document defines XMPP-grid, it is fine to me to leave Section 3
concise as it is.)

[Section 1 Introduction]

a. The sentences sound like that the XMPP-grid can be usable only for
security-related information; am I correct that the XMPP-grid can be used
for arbitrary XML information exchange?

Thank you,
Take

From: mile [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Nancy Cam-Winget
(ncamwing)
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mile] Please provide comments to draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid

Colleagues,

I’ve posted the draft
in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid/  so that we
can get comments and continue to move this forward.

Thanks, nancy