Subject: [mile] AD review of Implementation draft

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 15:47:53 -0400

Hello,

Thank you for your work on the implementation report, it looks great!
I have some comments, which are mostly nits that should be addressed
before I initiate the IETF last call.  I also need to look into the
links included as informative references as they may not be considered
stable, so I'll get back to you on that as well.

Section 1:

We'll have trouble with http://siis.realmv6.org/implementations/ as a
stable reference, but I'm not sure what to do about that and will get
back to you.

Section 2.3
nit:
s/fro/for/
   Research and Education Networking Information Sharing and Analysis
   Center (REN-ISAC) is a private community of the research and higher
   education members fro sharing

Consider changing from:
   REN-ISAC also recommends to use of the IODEF attachment provided with
   the notification email be processed rather than relying on parsing of
   the email body text.  The interface provided by REN-ISAC are designed
   for dealing with such email.
To:
   REN-ISAC also recommends to use an IODEF attachment provided with
   a notification email for processing rather than relying on parsing of
   the email body text.  The interface provided by REN-ISAC are designed
   to handle such email.

Section 3.1

Probably not necessary to include "Internet Engineering Task Force",
just IETF is enough as it's a well known acronym.

Section 6.2
Is IDMEF expanded anywhere?  What is SNML?

Section 6.3
s/IODEf/IODEF/
and
s/IODef/IODEF/

Thank you!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Daisuke MIYAMOTO <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 21:23:15 +0900

Dear Kathleen,

 Thank you very much for your support.
 I will amend our draft until the end of the month.

Kind regards,
Daisuke

---

From: Daisuke MIYAMOTO <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 22:20:45 +0900

Hello!

 The revised version is available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-implementreport/

> stable reference, but I'm not sure what to do about that and will get

Thanks, current revision still includes this URL.

>    the email body text.  The interface provided by REN-ISAC are designed

I concur.

> Is IDMEF expanded anywhere?  What is SNML?

IDMEF is RFC4765. I also added a reference for RFC4765.

 In addition to that, I amended list items in Section 1
(Introduction), in order to add appropriate references
and adjust their order. (5070, 5070-bis, 5901, 5941, 6545,
6546, and 7203)

#This is just a confirmation rather than question, but
#shall we decide an abbreviated title of the draft asap?

Many thanks,
Daisuke

-- 
Daisuke MIYAMOTO
 / Assist. Prof., ITC, The University of Tokyo
mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 10:56:30 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for the updates, inline.

> Thanks, current revision still includes this URL.

OK, this may come up as an issue, but I'll push on keeping this and
the other URLs that might not be considered stable by all.

>> Is IDMEF expanded anywhere?  What is SNML?

What is SNML?  Maybe you answered that with a reference, I'm not sure though.

> #shall we decide an abbreviated title of the draft asap?

I'd leave it as is since the file name will just become an RFC number
anyway, so it's not a big deal that it is long.

Thanks,
Kathleen

> _______________________________________________
> mile mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile
>

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen