Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 21:40:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange of the IETF.

        Title           : IODEF Usage Guidance
        Authors         : Panos Kampanakis
                          Mio Suzuki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-08.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2017-03-12

Abstract:
   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format v2 [RFC7970] defines
   a data representation that provides a framework for sharing
   information commonly exchanged by Computer Security Incident Response
   Teams (CSIRTs) about computer security incidents.  Since the IODEF
   model includes a wealth of available options that can be used to
   describe a security incident or issue, it can be challenging for
   security practitioners to develop tools that can leverage IODEF for
   incident sharing.  This document provides guidelines for IODEF
   practitioners.  It also addresses how common security indicators can
   be represented in IODEF and use-cases of how IODEF is being.  The
   goal of this document is to make IODEF's adoption by vendors easier
   and encourage faster and wider adoption of the model by Computer
   Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) around the world.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/