Subject: [mile] Alissa Cooper's Block on charter-ietf-mile-03-00: (with BLOCK and COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 04:40:52 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-mile-03-00: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-mile/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this the right reference for STIX?
https://oasis-open.github.io/cti-documentation/stix/intro  If so, it looks like
it has a different acronym expansion: Structured Threat Information Expression.
If not, it's not immediately obvious what STIX this references. I think this
needs to be clarified to have meaningful external review.

I would also expect to see OASIS listed as an organization that the WG may
interface with if necessary in the course of documenting transports to support
STIX, assuming it is the STIX linked above.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think it is appropriate for a WG charter to cite a government policy
from a specific country in the way that this charter references a US executive
order. I also think the reference is vague (which order?) and the order will
not be "recent" for the life of this charter. So it should be dropped IMO.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 13:18:49 +0100

Hi Alissa,

I agree that the charter should have a reference to STIX. Chairs, is the above the right reference?

> STIX, assuming it is the STIX linked above.

Good point.

Personally, I tend to agree.

Best Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Takeshi Takahashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:28:44 +0900

I agree with your comments.
When producing the revision, let us address these issues.

Thank you, and best regards,
Take

2018年10月25日(木) 21:19 Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> mile mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile

-- 
--
Takeshi Takahashi, Ph.D., CISSP, PMP
"Practice makes perfect!"