Subject: [mile] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6545 (5614)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 16:20:32 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6545,
"Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5614

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Logan Widick <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.1

Original Text
-------------
TrafficType

      One or many.  REQUIRED.  The values for the attribute "type" are
      meant to assist in determining if a trace is appropriate for the
      SP receiving the request to continue the trace.  Multiple values
      may be selected for this element; however, where possible, it
      should be restricted to one value that most accurately describes
      the traffic type.

   type

      One or many.  REQUIRED.  ENUM.  The attribute type is used to
      identify the type of information included in the RID message or
      the type of incident.

Corrected Text
--------------
TrafficType

      One or many.  REQUIRED.  The values for the attribute "type" are
      meant to assist in determining if a trace is appropriate for the
      SP receiving the request to continue the trace.  Multiple values
      may be selected for this element; however, where possible, it
      should be restricted to one value that most accurately describes
      the traffic type.

   type

      One.  REQUIRED.  ENUM.  The attribute type is used to
      identify the type of information included in the RID message or
      the type of incident.

Notes
-----
This is the "similar
issue [that] is also present with the way that the TrafficType is defined
on pages 19-20" that was mentioned in the original submission for errata id 5588. 

The text as written (with "One or many" instances of the "type" attribute) suggests that 
<TrafficType type="Attack" type="Network"/> 
would be legal.

However, the schema (Section 8) and the fact that a single XML tag can't contain more than one instance of a given attribute (see https://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#uniqattspec, "An attribute name MUST NOT appear more than once in the same start-tag or empty-element tag") indicate that the above example of a TrafficType is not legal, and would need to be replaced with:
<TrafficType type="Attack"/>
<TrafficType type="Network"/>

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6545 (draft-ietf-mile-rfc6045-bis-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)
Publication Date    : April 2012
Author(s)           : K. Moriarty
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG