Subject: [mile] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 09:36:34 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the good and extensive analysis in the security considerations
sections. I would probably say  that we often/usually only see discussions in
the security consideration section about the counter-measures (and partly
attacks), but not really about the trust and thread model. I think that is
probably the case because the basic trust and thread model, as you also
describe it, is mostly valid for many communication protocols we specify in the
IETF. As such, to make the security considerations more crisp, you could
consider moving section 8.1 and 8.2 to the appendix instead. However, that's
just an editorial idea and fully at your discretion.