Subject: [mile] Suresh Krishnan's Discuss on draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-10: (with DISCUSS)

From: Suresh Krishnan via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 12:43:29 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-10: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 5 (CDDL) and Appendix B (JSON schema)

I am trying to understand how "ipv6-net-mask" will be used since there is no
such thing, and "ipv6-net" already covers the only possible way of denoting
prefixes. Can you please clarify why and how you intend to use this? I remember
reading and balloting on RFC7970 and it did not (IMHO rightly) have a category
for this.