Subject: [mile] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:59:30 -0800

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the updates in the -13; they are a good improvement!

I did notice a couple things while reviewing the diff from -12 to -13 that
I'll mention here, in case there might be any further tweaks to make.

In Figure 7 it looks like the encoded text includes an embedded CR+LF.
I don't think this is forbidden by anything, but is perhaps superfluous.

Thanks for the table of CBOR map keys in Section 5.  I note that slightly
shorter encodings might be possible by using negative integers as well as positive
ones, with "steps" for the encoding size occurring at 24, 256, etc., and -25, -257, etc.

[I did not check the examples for correct use of the CBOR map key values, on the
assumption that they were mechanically generated.]

The definition of StructuredInfo underwent a change that was not quite mechanical:
"(RawData: [+ BYTE] // Reference:[+ Reference])" became
"(iodef-RawData => [+ BYTE], iodef-Reference => [+ Reference])" (dropping the grouping
choice operator "//").  I don't remember if there was a reason to make this change, so
I mention it in case it was not deliberate.