Subject: [Mip4] WG last call follow-up for vpn traversal problem statement

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:51:21 +0200

During the WG last call period for
draft-ietf-mobileip-vpn-problem-statement-req-03 I received one comment,
essentially saying that the choice of the words 'in parallel' in section
2.2 was less than optimal. Accordingly, I'd like to get your comments on
the following change (in the section title and first paragraph):

FROM:
 2.2 VPN Gateway and MIPv4 HA(s) in parallel

   A MIPv4 HA is deployed in parallel with the VPN gateway, and it is
   directly reachable by MNs inside or outside the Intranet.

     ..Foreign Network..             .....VPN Domain..(Intranet).....
     .                 .             .                              .
     .  +----+  +----+ .           +----+     +-------+             .
     .  |MNs |  | FA | .           | VPN|     | Router|             .
     .  |away|  |    | .<=========>|    |     | 1..n  |             .
     .  +----+  +----+ .           | GW |     +-------+             .
     .                 .           +----+                           .
     .                 .           +----+     +-------+  +-------+  .
     .                 .<=========>| HA |     |  CN   |  | MNs   |  .
     ...................           |    |     | 1..n  |  | home  |  .
                                   +----+     +-------+  +-------+  .
                                     .                              .
                                     ................................

                                Figure 2

TO:
 2.2 VPN Gateway and MIPv4 HA(s) on the VPN domain border

   A MIPv4 HA is deployed on the VPN domain border (e.g. in the DMZ)
   together with the VPN gateway, and it is directly reachable by MNs 
   inside or outside the Intranet.

     ..Foreign Network..             .....VPN Domain..(Intranet).....
     .                 .             .                              .
     .  +----+  +----+ .           +----+     +-------+             .
     .  |MNs |  | FA | .           | VPN|     | Router|             .
     .  |away|  |    | .<=========>|    |     | 1..n  |             .
     .  +----+  +----+ .           | GW |     +-------+             .
     .                 .           +----+                           .
     .                 .           +----+     +-------+  +-------+  .
     .                 .<=========>| HA |     |  CN   |  | MNs   |  .
     ...................           |    |     | 1..n  |  | home  |  .
                                   +----+     +-------+  +-------+  .
                                     .                              .
                                     ................................

                                Figure 2

Comments?

	Henrik

-- 
  If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

_______________________________________________
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4