Subject: [Mip4] ACM MobiCom 2004 CFP

From: "Robin Kravets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:04:07 -0600

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

                             CALL FOR PAPERS
                                    
                              MobiCom 2004
               The Tenth Annual International Conference
                   on Mobile Computing and Networking
                  
                      September 26 - October 1, 2004
                          Philadelphia, PA, USA
             (dates and location are subject to final approval)

                 http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2004/

                       Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

                             IMPORTANT DATES:
                         Paper registrations due:
                              March 8, 2004
                          Paper submissions due:
                              March 15, 2004
                        Notification of acceptance:
                              June 21, 2004
                        Camera-ready versions due:
                              July 25, 2004
 
ACM MobiCom 2004, the Tenth Annual International Conference on Mobile
Computing and Networking, is the tenth in the series of annual conferences
sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE and dedicated to addressing the challenges in the
areas of mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking. The MobiCom
conference series serves as the premier international forum addressing
networks, systems, algorithms, and applications that support the symbiosis
of mobile computers and wireless networks. MobiCom is a highly selective,
single-track conference focusing on all issues in mobile computing and
wireless and mobile networking at the link layer and above.
 
 PAPERS: Authors are invited to submit full papers presenting new research
related to the theory or practice of mobile computing and networking. All
submissions must describe original research that is not published or
currently under review by another conference or journal. Areas of interest
include, but are not limited to:
-	Applications and computing services supporting mobile users
-	Architectures, protocols, and algorithms to cope with mobility,
limited
      bandwidth, or intermittent connectivity
-	Database and data management issues in mobile computing
-	Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing and 
      networking
-	Distributed systems aspects of mobile computing
-	New mobile and wireless applications
-	Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks	
-	Performance of mobile and wireless networks and systems 
-	Location-dependent applications and protocols
-	Security and privacy of mobile/wireless systems
-	Mobile ad hoc and sensor networks
-	Wireless multimedia systems
-	Algorithms and protocols for power management and control
-	Service creation and management environments for mobile/wireless
systems
 
The program committee will referee all papers, and accepted papers will be
published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers will appear in a
special issue of the ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks (WINET) journal.
 
CHALLENGES PAPERS: The conference also solicits short papers (maximum of 8
pages) that challenge the mobile computing community with revolutionary new
approaches, new technologies, or visionary applications. Such papers should
provide stimulating ideas or grand visions that may open up exciting avenues
of far-reaching future research. Descriptions of new products or simple
evolution of existing work are not appropriate as Challenges Papers.
Challenges Papers will be reviewed and should be submitted using the normal
submission procedure. The title of such papers must start with the word
"Challenges," i.e., "Challenges: ... `rest of the title'."
 
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: All paper submissions will be handled
electronically. Authors should prepare a PDF or a PostScript version of
their full paper. Papers must be no longer than 15 pages (8 pages for
Challenges submissions), font size not smaller than 10 points, and must fit
properly on U.S. "letter"-sized paper (8.5x11 inches) with reasonable
margins. Detailed instructions for the paper submission procedure and format
will be available on the conference web pages. The deadline for registering
the title and the abstract of the paper with our electronic submission
system is March 8, 2004 and the deadline for submitting the actual paper is
March 15, 2004. All deadlines are 11:59PM EST.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality through
double-blind review process, where the identities of the authors are
withheld from the reviewers. Authors should not be identifiable by any means
from the paper or from the PDF or the Postscript file. Guidelines for
preparing the paper for blind reviewing, as well as electronic paper
submission instructions, will be available on the conference web pages.

Submitted or substantially similar papers must not be currently under review
for any other publication. Please direct any questions regarding paper
submission to the Program Co-Chairs, Samir Das and Ravi Jain at
[email-masked].
 
TUTORIALS: Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation of tutorial
proposals will be based on the expertise and experience of the instructors
and on the relevance of the subject matter. Potential instructors are
requested to submit a tutorial proposal of at most 5 pages, including a
biographical sketch, to the Tutorial Co-Chairs, Andrew Campbell
([email-masked]) and Taieb Znati ([email-masked]). The deadline
for tutorial proposals is April 05, 2004.
 
PANELS: Panel proposals are solicited that examine innovative,
controversial, or otherwise provocative issues of interest. Panel proposals
should not exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches of the panelists.
Potential panel organizers should contact the Panel Co-Chairs, Prathima
Agrawal ([email-masked]) and Tao Zhang
([email-masked]). The deadline for panel proposals is April 26,
2004.
 
RESEARCH DEMOS AND EXHIBITS: Proposals for research demos are solicited.
Proposals should not exceed 3 pages and should include a description of the
demo and equipment to be used. Send proposals to the Research Demo Chair,
Elizabeth Belding-Royer ([email-masked]). The deadline for demo
proposals is July 12, 2004. We are also planning an Expo featuring exhibits
of the latest mobile computing products and services.

STUDENT POSTER SESSION: Student posters are solicited that present recent
and on-going research by students on mobile computing and mobile and
wireless networking topics. Student posters should not exceed 2 pages and
should include a description of the student's research. See above for paper
formatting requirements. Accepted posters will be put on the conference web
page; however, they will not be printed in the conference proceedings. Send
poster submissions to the Student Poster Co-Chairs, Chiara Petrioli
([email-masked]) and Stefano Basagni ([email-masked]). The
deadline for student posters is July 12, 2004.

BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD: Papers with a student as a primary author will be
considered for the Best Student Paper Award, with a cash award of 1000 USD.
Students must indicate with their submission that they would like to be
considered for this award. The student author of the awarded paper is
expected to present the paper at the conference.
 
 GENERAL CHAIR
	               Zygmunt Haas
                     Cornell University
                      
 PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
		         Samir R. Das
                     Stony Brook University, SUNY
                      
                     Ravi Jain
                     DoCoMo USA Labs

 STEERING COMMITTEE CHAIR
			   Imrich Chlamtac
			   University of Texas at Dallas

 ACM PROGRAM DIRECTOR
                     Ginger Ignatoff

 Additional committee members will be announced on the conference web page.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4