Subject: [Mip4] radius mip?

From: "Jeremy A. Greene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:48:59 -0500

In looking at general aaa support for mip (2977) and the mip4-aaa-key-03
draft, I am still not clear if there is any radius support for either SA
information distributed to the HA, or dynamic key distribution to both
the HA and MN.

It seems that at least cisco uses radius to distribute SAs to HAs. And
they may even do dynamic keying using radius. But I can't find any
drafts or rfcs - not that it would be surprising that cisco did
something proprietary. Or calling what is really diameter, radius. 

Jeremy

---

From: Tom Hiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:38:19 -0600

Jeremy,

mip4-aaa-key-03 distributes nonces to the mobile. The mobile uses the
nonces to derive session keys, such as MN-HA key. The draft does not 
deal with delivering session keys to the HA (or FA).

draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-16.txt deals with delivering keys to 
the HA (and FA), but it only applies to Diameter.

-----

3GPP2 has text in its packet data standard ("Wireless IP Network 
Standard") for the HA to obtain the MN-HA key from the home RADIUS 
server.  The text defines a RADIUS VSA to carry the MN-HA key, and 
what's in the RADIUS Access-Request and Access-Accept, for example.

	-Tom

Jeremy A. Greene wrote:

> they may even do dynamic keying using radius. But I can’t find any 
> drafts or rfcs – not that it would be surprising that cisco did 

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4