Subject: [Mip4] dynamic keys

From: "Jeremy A. Greene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:12:51 -0500

In the mip4-aaa-key-03 draft (and aaa-diameter-mobileip-16) it requires
the use of a single, widely used (by all MNs??), long term pre-shared
key between the MN and AAAH. Since this key is directly used to
calculate dynamic keys, this does not seem terrible secure.

Am I missing something?

Jeremy

---

From: Tom Hiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:42:38 -0600

Jeremy,

The aaa-keys draft says that the long held secret should be periodically 
refreshed, but does not say how.

	- Tom

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:59:57 +0100

Hi Jeremy,

> calculate dynamic keys, this does not seem terrible secure.

I see no reason why the preshared key between MN and AAAH should be the
same for all MNs, rather than individual per-MN?  Or is it I who have
missed something?

	Henrik