Subject: RE: [Mip4] 3012bis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:26:12 -0600

thanks very much for the update, Jayshree.

ali

"Jayshree Bharatia" <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 02/18/2004
11:13:35 AM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    Ali Akgun/UTStarcom@UTStarcom
cc:    [email-masked]
Subject:    RE: [Mip4] 3012bis

Hi Ali,

We had couple of issues related to RFC3012bis draft. These issues and
solutions were discussed in last IETF meeting. As per the outcome, we don't
need any explicit text in RFC3012bis document. There is one typo in "Change
history" section of draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-00.txt. Apart from this, the
draft is pretty much completed now unless I hear otherwise.

Thanks,
Jayshree
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 3:59 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Mip4] 3012bis
>
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Can anyone update us on the status of the 3012bis draft?
>
> thanks much,
> ali
>
>
>
> --
> Mip4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
>

--
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
 https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:58:04 -0600

Yes, thanks, Jayshree - I think we are ready to send this to the IESG,
but I just noticed that there is no IPR or copyright statement in the
current version that is in the drafts directory.

This issue has come up several times before, so I'm copying the whole
list to make sure we can get it right from now on.  All editors,
please make sure that you have two sections like the following in all
drafts that you expect to progress within the working group:

Intellectual Property Statement

   The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
   intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to
   pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described in
   this document or the extent to which any license under such rights
   might or might not be available; neither does it represent that it
   has made any effort to identify any such rights.  Information on
   the IETF's procedures with respect to rights in standards-track and
   standards-related documentation can be found in BCP-11.  Copies of
   claims of rights made available for publication and any assurances
   of licenses to be made available, or the result of an attempt
   made to obtain a general license or permission for the use of such
   proprietary rights by implementors or users of this specification can
   be obtained from the IETF Secretariat.

   The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
   copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
   rights which may cover technology that may be required to practice
   this standard.  Please address the information to the IETF Executive
   Director.

Full Copyright Statement

   Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2004).  All Rights Reserved.

   This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to
   others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it
   or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published
   and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any
   kind, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph
   are included on all such copies and derivative works.  However,
   this document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by
   removing the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society
   or other Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose
   of developing Internet standards in which case the procedures
   for copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
   followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
   English.

   The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be
   revoked by the Internet Society or its successors or assigns.

   This document and the information contained herein is provided on
   an "AS IS" basis and THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET
   ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
   IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF
   THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED
   WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

These come from RFC 2026, Section 10.4 (A), (B), and (C).  Drafts will
not be submitted to the IESG without this text.

When you know of IPR that pertains to a draft, you should also insert
the text from section (D) in the IPR statement:

        "The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights
         claimed in regard to some or all of the specification contained
         in this document.  For more information consult the online list
         of claimed rights."

You can also add whatever details about the IPR (patent numbers, etc)
you feel are appropriate in the IPR statement or put in other text
that may be required by your company, but the above IPR statement must
be present in its entirety.

Jayshree, I think you can update the one typo you found at the same
time that you add these; please also remember to upload your source to

http://www.mip4.org/drafts/rfc3012bis/

At the same time that you submit the text to internet-drafts.

Unfortunately, the submission won't be processed until after the
upcoming IETF, so we are stuck until then, but hopefully we can take
care of this immediately following the meeting.

Thanks,

-Pete

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:04:27 -0600

Ok, correction: the required Copyright and IPR boilerplate has changed
(as of this past week).

Everyone please use the text available at:

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-editor/boilerplate.txt

This is as a result of the recent publication of RFC 3667, 3668, and
3669.

Also, please note that it is NOT proper to reference specific IPR
claims or patent numbers in your document.  This was done in some
documents in the past but now the proper thing is to submit the
information to [email-masked] for inclusion in the online directory
at http://www.ietf.org/ipr.

I understand that an updated version of xml2rfc will be out next week
that will handle this new boilerplate.

-Pete