Subject: Re: [Mip4] WG Last call on draft-ietf-mip4-dynamic-assignment-00.txt (SECOND REQUEST)

From: Yoshiyuki Tsuda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:22:16 +0900

Hello Henrik,

 Here, I have just one comment:

at Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:50:35 +0100 Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
>Yes.  What with the NAI having its own extension, I don't have any
>example right now which I'd want to promote ... unless maybe the
>home network prefix. That really belongs with dynamic home address
>assignment rather than dynamic ha assignment, but it's part of the
>same area of functionality; and we don't have a way today to inform
>the MN of the appropriate netmask - or alternatively the private-side
>HA interface address - or whatever other way of identifying the home
>network people have implemented.

 About the netmask, an MN can extract the home subnet prefix by
 the following way:
 - Mobility Agents are assumed to advertise correct subnet prefix
   to their connected subnets.
 - An MN with dynamic home address compares it with the current
   subnet address and prefix.  If the home address is within the
   current subnet, the MN can extract that the home prefix is the
   current prefix.
 - Before the MN encounters its home subnet, the MN should assume
   its home prefix is 32.

 Our MN has the above function, and is working. :)

Thanks.
-Yoshi

-- 
Mip4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4