Subject: [Mip4] MSAN 2005 - Call For Participation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:03:33 -0400 (EDT)

Please accept our apologies for multiple copies

=======================================================================
                                MSAN 2005

                    First International Conference on
                   Multimedia Services Access Networks

                       Technically co-sponsored by
                  IEEE and IEEE Communications Society

                               Conference
                            June 13 - 14, 2005

                        Post-conference workshops
                             June 15, 2005

                          Orlando, Florida, USA
                           http://www.msan.org

                          CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

=======================================================================

                               ** SCOPE **

Access networks (the 'last-' or 'first-' mile according to provider's or
customer's perspective) represent one of the most important parts in
telecommunication systems, being responsible for the high-quality,
reliable and secure delivery of services to end users. They also
encompass some of the most demanding networking problems, such as the
coexistence of a large variety of technologies based on both wired and
wireless solutions, the need of optimal integration with the core
network in terms of bandwidth and availability mismatch, the provision of
an acceptable quality of service in very different application
scenarios and traffic conditions.

MSAN'05, the First International Conference on Multimedia Services Access
Networks is intended to provide a unique international forum to explore
the new research frontiers in the field of current and next generation
multimedia services access networks. Original unpublished contributions
will be presented that can improve the knowledge and practice in the
integrated design of efficient access technologies and the relevant
provision of advanced multimedia applications. Topics of interest address:
access network technologies (with particular emphasis on network design
methodologies, protocols, analysis of performance and quality of service);
multimedia service delivery (mainly focusing on the integration/adaptation
between multimedia data processing and
transmission techniques and access networks characteristics);
implementation, operation and performance (providing an opportunity to
present innovative applications and testbeds for the above technologies,
as well as new approaches to testing and performance evaluation).

                             ** PROGRAM **

The technical program of the conference will be available soon on the
conference website (http://www.msan.org)

Keynote Speaker:
Dr. Charles N. Judice, Adjunct Professor at Flagler College and Monmouth
University, IEEE Fellow for his pioneering work in MPEG, ADSL and visual
image processing techniques.

                            ** WORKSHOPS **

The following post-conference one-day workshops will be held in
conjunction with MSAN 2005, on June 15, 2005.

BWAN 2005: International Workshop on Broadband Wireless Access Network on
fixed network.  (http://www.bwan.org)

AAA-IDEA 2005: International Workshop on Internet DElivery of Advanced
Services.  (http://www.aaa-idea.org)

                             ** LOCATION **

The conference and workshops will take place at the GROSVENOR Resort in
the Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida (Orlando Area). 
Hotel Website: www.grosvenorresort.com

                           ** REGISTRATION **

On-line registration for the conference and the workshops is available on
the conference website (http://www.msan.org)
The early registration deadline is May 12nd, 2005, 23:59 (GMT)

For any additional information please refer to the conference website.

Best regards,
Wenjing Lou and Rolland Vida
MSAN Publicity co-chairs

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/