Subject: [Mip4] Call for Papers - MobiMedia 2006

From: "Dawn " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:25:26 -0600

CALL FOR PAPERS

MobiMedia 2006

Mobile Multimedia Communications Conference

(formerly MSAN)

September 18-20, 2006: Alghero, Sardinia, Italy

http://www.mobimedia.org

--------------------------------------

SCOPE

--------------------------------------

The successful development of multimedia services and applications in mobile
environments requires adopting an interdisciplinary approach where both
multimedia and networking issues are addressed jointly. Multimedia data
characteristics, coding standards functionalities, as well as network
protocols performance and channel behavior are some of the key aspects that
need to be carefully examined when proposing new solutions. Many are the
applications that are going to be enabled by the new standards for mobile
networking, such as packet telephony, video mail, video streaming, audio
conferencing, interactive gaming, conversational navigation services,
digital television, infomobility, and immersive communications in virtual
environments. Some of these novel networking protocols and technologies
include IEEE 802.11 (infrastructured, mesh, and sensor networks), 802.15,
802.16, UWB, DVB-H, Bluetooth, Mobile IP and its variants. 

Within this scope, MobiMedia is intended to provide a unique international
forum for researchers working in multimedia and mobile networking fields to
study new applications, solutions, and standards. Original unpublished
contributions are solicited that can improve the knowledge and practice in
the integrated design of efficient technologies and the relevant provision
of advanced mobile multimedia applications.

TECHNICAL PROGRAMS

--------------------------------------

The technical program features a key-note speech from Roberto Cencioni (Head
of Unit INFSO E2, EC) and Albert Gauthier (DG Information Society, EC) on
the 7th Work program and the EU IST vision. The conference will also include
invited panels, to facilitate for exchanging ideas and discussion, and
specific sessions and workshops on focused interest areas. Submissions of
proposals on workshops and special sessions on emerging topics are invited.
Please submit proposals to Technical Program Chairs and Workshop Chairs.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION

--------------------------------------

Prospective authors are invited to submit extended summaries of not more
than five pages including figures and references. Papers will be accepted
only by electronic submission through the conference web site. Conference
proceedings will be published by the IEEE and will be available through
IEEExplore (approval pending). Extended versions of high quality papers on
mobile video will be reviewed and considered for a special issue in the
Signal Processing: Image Communications Journal.

WORKSHOPS

--------------------------------------

Proposals for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction with the
conference are solicited. A maximum of 2 pages should be submitted which
include the workshop name, its scope and a list of topic of interests.
Proposals should be submitted to both the Workshop Chairs.

STUDENT AWARD AND GRANTS

--------------------------------------

A student prize of 1000Euros will be awarded to the best paper authored by a
full time student as first author. Travel grants will be provided to
students attending the conference. Additional information can be found at
the conference website.

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

--------------------------------------

Workshop proposals:                                     January 20, 2006

Special session proposals:                               March 15, 2006

Submission of extended summaries:            April 30, 2006

Notification of acceptance:                            June 15, 2006

Submission of camera-ready papers:            July 10, 2006

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

-----------------------------------------

General Co-Chairs:

Luigi Atzori, University of Cagliari, ITA

Ebroul Izquierdo, University of London, UK

Steering Committee Chair:

Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net, ITA

Technical Program Co-Chairs:

Ozgur B. Akan, Middle East Technical University, TUR

Pascal Frossard, EPFL, SUI

Publications Chair:

Giovanni Pau, UCLA, USA

Workshops Chair:

Eylem Ekici, Ohio State University, USA

Radha Poovendran, University of WA, USA

Panels Chair:

Daniele D. Giusto, University of Cagliari, ITA

Local Chair:

Giaime Ginesu, University of Cagliari, ITA

Publicity Co-Chairs:

Gozde Bozdagi Akar, Middle East Technical University, TUR

Ali Bilgin, The University of Arizona, USA

Conference Management:

Anna Rieger, ICST, Europe

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/