Subject: [Mip4] Document Action: 'Low Latency Handoffs in Mobile IPv4' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:58:26 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Low Latency Handoffs in Mobile IPv4 '
   <draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-11.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-11.txt

Technical Summary
 
   Mobile IPv4 describes how a Mobile Node can perform IP-layer handoffs
   between subnets served by different Foreign Agents.  In certain
   cases, the latency involved in these handoffs can be above the
   threshold required for the support of delay-sensitive or real-time
   services.  The aim of this document is to present two methods to
   achieve low-latency Mobile IP handoffs.  In addition, a combination
   of these two methods is described.  The described techniques allow
   greater support for real-time services on a Mobile IPv4 network by
   minimising the period of time when a Mobile Node is unable to send or
   receive IP packets due to the delay in the Mobile IP Registration
   process.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is a work item of the MIP4 WG.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/