Subject: [Mip4] [mycolleagues] Submission deadline August 18 - SSI 2006 - 8th International Symposium on System and Information Security

From: Carlos Becker Westphall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:04:15 -0300 (BRT)

Just one week to submit papers.

-------------------------------------------------------------
 		    CALL FOR PAPERS

 			SSI´2006
8th International Symposium on System and Information Security
 	Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
 		November 08-10, 2006

 	Submission Deadline: August 18, 2006

 	http://www.ssi.org.br/english/

 		    Organized by
 	Technological Institute of Aeronautics - ITA
 	Department of Computer Engineering
 	Casimiro Montenegro Filho Foundation

         IEEE CNOM and CIS TC technical co-sponsorship
 	Supported by IEEE South Brazil Section
-------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, authors of selected excellent scientific papers
of SSI 2006 will be invited to submit an extended version to
be considered for publication in the IEEE/SBrT JCIS (JOURNAL
OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS) and SPRINGER JNSM
(JOURNAL OF NETWORK AND SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT).

-------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

The International Symposium on System and Information
Security (SSI) is organized by Instituto Tecnologico de
Aeronautica (ITA) and is the foremost event of its kind
in Latin America.

Each year, researchers, students, and practitioners from
academia, industry, and government organizations convene
in Sao Jose' dos Campos, Brazil, to present and discuss
the latest research and developments in the area.

Recent SSI speakers have included Radia Perlman (Sun),
Peter Gutmann (Univ. Auckland), Ravi Sandhu (George Mason
University), Wietse Venema (IBM TJ Watson), Michael Howard
(Microsoft), and David Chaum (SureVote). Featuring tracks
for refereed and invited technical papers, keynote speakers,
panels, special-topic workshops, tutorials, and industry
exhibits, SSI attracts yearly around 350 participants
from Brazil and around the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS OF INTEREST

Submission of original papers on all aspects of computer and
network security is invited. Topics of interest include
but are not limited to the following:

. Artificial Intelligence methods in system security
. Authentication, access control and auditing
. Computer forensics
. Cryptography
. Database security
. Dependability
. Digital certificates and Public Key Infrastructure - PKI
. Digital Rights Management
. E-commerce security
. Firewalls and other security tools
. Formal methods in system security
. Internet/Web security
. Intrusion detection and prevention
. Management of enterprise security
. Mobile code and agent security
. Network security
. New security paradigms
. Operating systems security
. Risk/vulnerability analysis, assessment and management
. Security in electronic voting systems
. Security of distributed systems
. Security of emerging technologies
. Security policies
. Secure programming
. Security in P2P and Grid computing
. Threats and information warfare
. Quantum security
. Trust management
. User privacy and anonymity
. Viruses and other malicious code
. Wireless and ubiquitous computing security
. Signal and Image Proceesing for Security Systems

-------------------------------------------------------------
LOCATION

Sao Jose' dos Campos is located 80 km (50 mi.) from Sao Paulo
at the heart of Brazil's aerospace industry. Featuring
state-of-the-art transportation and communications
infrastructure, Sao Jose' dos Campos has excellent hotels
and restaurants. Ubatuba, Ilhabela, and other pristine
beaches and verdant islands along famed Rio-Santos road
are only an hour away. Campos do Jordao and other prime
mountain resorts on Serra da Mantiqueira range are a similar
distance away. Temperatures in Sao Jose' dos Campos in early
November are usually around 21-23 C (70-75 F).

-------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES

Regular Papers
Paper submission deadline:   August    18, 2006
Acceptance notification:     September 15, 2006
Final version due:           September 25, 2006
Early registration:          September 25, 2006

Thesis and Dissertations Award
Summary-papers submission:   September 11, 2006
Acceptance Notification:     October   02, 2006
Final version due:           October   13, 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Papers must be written in English (preferred) or Portuguese,
and must be submitted electronically in Portable Document
Format (pdf, preferred) or PostScript (ps) format.

Maximum paper length will be 10 printed pages for full papers
or 3 pages for short papers, including figures in IEEE 2-column
style (see below for Template).

Template with the required format for submissions:

Word --
http://www.ssi.org.br/modelos/modelPaperSSI-1.rtf

Papers should be submitted by the deadline to:

https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/ssi2006

-------------------------------------------------------------
PUBLICATION

For an accepted submission to be included in the Proceedings
and scheduled for presentation at the symposium:
(1) a final version that responds to reviewers' comments and
       conforms to the specified format must be submitted by
       the final-version deadline, and
(2) at least one of the authors must register to the
       symposium by the early-registration deadline.

Submissions accepted for oral or poster presentation will
be published, respectively, as full or short papers in the
symposium Proceedings. The Proceedings will be published
in CD-ROM format, with ISBN indexing. A copy of the
Proceedings will be included in the symposium's registration
fee. Additional copies will be available for sale.

-------------------------------------------------------------
"TERCIO PACITTI" BEST PAPER AWARDS

A special committee will select, from among full paper
submissions, one best paper and two honorable mentions.
Authors of these papers will receive complimentary registration
and award certificates at the symposium.

-------------------------------------------------------------
THESIS AND DISSERTATION AWARD

On the basis of papers resuming doctoral thesis, master of
science and undergraduate dissertations, a special committee
will select one best work in each category. Authors of these
papers will receive complimentary registration and award
certificates at the symposium.

-------------------------------------------------------------
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

GENERAL CHAIR
Jose M. Parente de Oliveira - ITA, Brazil

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS
Carlos Becker Westphall - Federal Univ. of Santa Catarina, Brazil
José Carlos Brustoloni - University of Pittsburgh, USA

THESIS AND DISSERTATION AWARD CHAIR
Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare  - Fac. Barddal/SC

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Abdelmalek Benzekri - Université Paul Sabatier, France
Abderrahim Sekkaki - University Hassan II, Morocco
Adilson Guelfi - State Univ. of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Alessandro Anzaloni - ITA, Brazil
Andreas Steffen	- Hochschule fuer Technik Rapperswil, Switzerland
Antonio Loureiro - Federal Univ. of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Antonio Montes - CENPRA, Brazil
Bart De Decker - Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Carla Westphall - Federal Univ. of Santa Catarina, Brazil
Celio de Albuquerque -	Fluminense Federal University, Brazil
Charles Palmer - IBM Research, USA
Chen Hsiao-Hwa - National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
Chuan-kun Wu - Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Clovis Fernandes - ITA, Brazil
Dagmar Brechlerova - Faculty of Economics and Management, Czech Republic
David Fuschi - GIUNTI Inteactive Labs, Italy
Edson Moreira - State Univ. of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Edward Moreno - UNIVEM, Brazil
Felix Wu - University of California at Davis, USA
François Cosquer - Alcatel North America, Canada
Gianluigi Me - University of Roma "Tor Vergata", Italy
Günther Pernul - University of Regensburg, Germany
Guenter Schaefer - Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany
Hao Chi Wong - PARC, USA
James Hong - POSTECH, Korea
Javier López - University of Malaga, Spain
Jeroen de Graaf - Federal Univ. of Minas Gerais, Brazil
João Barros - University of Porto, Portugal
José Fernandez - École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada
Keith Martin - University of London, UK
Konrad Wrona - SAP Research Lab, France
Kouichi Sakurai -  Kyushu University, Japan
Krishnamurthy Subramanian - National Informatics Center, India
Lech Janczewski - University of Auckland, New Zealand
Luca Vigano - ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Luis de Moraes - Federal Univ. of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Madjid Merabti - Liverpool John Moored University, UK
Marcelo Alencar	- Federal Univ. of Campina Grande, Brazil
Markus Endler - PUC-Rio, Brazil
Mário Freire - University of Beira Interior, Portugal
Martin Fredriksson - Blekinge institute of technology, Sweden
Mehmet Hendekli	- UNIDOST, Austria
Michel Cukier - University of Maryland, USA
Mirela Notare - Barddal University, Brazil
Mohammed Sqalli - King Fahd University, Saudi Arabia
Nazim Agoulmine - University of Evry, France
Nei Soma - ITA, Brazil
Osvaldo Imamura - CTA, Brazil
Paulo Pires - Federal Univ. of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Pedro Veiga - University of Lisboa, Portugal
Peter Gutmann - University of Auckland, New Zealand
Peter Mueller - IBM Zurich, Switzerland
Raouf Boutaba - University of Waterloo, Canada
Ravi Sandhu - George Mason University, USA
Ryszard Struzak	- Research Institute for Telecommunications, Poland
Sahin Albayrak - Technische Universitaet Berlin, Germany
Shigeo Wada - Tokyo Denki University, Japan
Stamatios Kartalopoulos	- University of Oklahoma, USA
Steven Furnell - University of Plymouth, UK
Sushil Jajodia - George Mason University, USA
Tak-ming Law - Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education, China
Vassily Soloviev - Motorola, Russia
Vijay Varadharajan - Macquarie University, Australia
Wietse Venema - IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
Yücel Karabulut	- SAP Research Center, USA
Yuval Elovici - Ben-Gurion University, Israel

-------------------------------------------------------------
SPONSORS

IEEE CNOM and CIS TC technical co-sponsorship
Supported by IEEE South Brazil Section
SBC - Sociedade Brasileira de Computacao
SUCESU/SP - Soc, Usuarios Informatica e Telecomunicacoes - SP
CAPES - Coord. de Aperfeicoamento de Pessoal de Nivel Superior
FAPESP - Fundacao de Amparo a Pesquisa do Estado de Sao Paulo
FINEP - Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos
CNPq - Conselho Nacional de Desenv. Cientifico e Tecnologico
PETROBRAS - Petroleos Brasileiros S.A.
Banco do Brasil S.A.
Caixa Economica Federal

-------------------------------------------------------------
ABOUT ITA

Brazil's most selective Engineering school, ITA accepts
yearly only about 150 students out of more than 8000 applicants.
ITA is one of the few schools in Brazil that recruits students
nationally and offers a residential campus where most students
and faculty live. All students receive full scholarship from the
Brazilian government. ITA's rigorous undergraduate programs are
5 years long and lead directly to professional degrees in
Aeronautical, Electronics, Computer, Mechanical, or Civil
Engineering. Average scores of ITA Electronics and Computer
Engineering students in national comprehensive examinations
for graduating engineers have consistently been the highest
in Brazil.

ITA was founded in 1950 as the initial institute in Brazil's
Aerospace Technical Center (CTA), Latin America's largest
research center. CTA's planner and ITA's first provost was
Richard H. Smith, who previously headed the Aeronautics department
at MIT. ITA was the first institution to offer Aeronautical and
Electronics Engineering degrees and post-graduate degrees in
Brazil. Embraer, now the world's leading regional-jet manufacturer,
was spun off from ITA in 1969. ITA/CTA research in the 1970s is
also behind Brazil's highly successful renewable-energy program.
A majority of cars now sold in Brazil can use ethanol as fuel.

ITA pioneered Computer Science in Brazil with the construction
of the first computer in 1961 and Tercio Pacitti's best-selling
books on numerical methods in the 1960s and 1970s (he would
become ITA's provost in 1982). Computer Engineering was
organized as an independent ITA department in 1989.

-------------------------------------------------------------
FURTHER INFORMATION

Conference announcements and updated information will be
available at:

http://www.ssi.org.br

For other information, please send email to the general chair,
Jose M. Parente de Oliveira ([email-masked]).

_______________________________________________
mycolleagues mailing list
[email-masked]
http://listas.inf.ufsc.br/mailman/listinfo/mycolleagues
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/