Subject: [Mip4] MIPv4 based flow movement

From: "Tsirtsis, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:16:05 -0700

Hi,

We have published a draft providing a solution for per flow movement in
the context of MIPv4. The proposal provides equivalent functionality to
the draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-00 and
draft-soliman-monami6-flow-binding-01.txt but the design in based on
extensions to MIPv4 instead of MIPv6.

The draft defines Alternate-CoA and Flow Identification extensions. The
later supports IPv4 and IPv6 filters and it is compatible to related
NEMOv4 and DSMIPv4 work.

You can find the draft at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-mip4-flowmove-00.txt

To limit cross-posting I would suggest that if you have comments related
to the concepts of multiple CoA and per flow movement, you should post
them to Monami6 list. If you have comments on the details of how the
proposal works over MIPv4 you should send them to the MIP4 list.

Regards
George

P.S.: Abstract

   Mobile IPv4 allows Mobile Nodes (MN) to create mobility bindings
   between their Home Address (HoA) and their current Care-of Address
   (CoA) in a Home Agent (HA) so that the HA can redirect traffic for
   the MN to its current location.  This draft extends MIPv4 so that the
   binding granularity is on a per flow basis.  Extensions are defined
   to allow the registration of multiple CoAs and the definition of
   individual flows.  Individual flows can then be pointed to the
   registered CoAs.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:28:39 -0700

Just one addition to George's email 

 > extensions to MIPv4 instead of MIPv6.

=> To be clear, George meant it is equivalent to the new draft-soliman
which
is coming out soon. I.e. draft-soliman + BID + a cleanup :)
As we agreed in the last meeting with the chairs and BID authors, the
two drafts are being coordinated together to make them more harmonious. 

Hesham

 > _______________________________________________
 > Monami6 mailing list
 > [email-masked]
 > https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6
 >