Subject: [Mip4] WiOpt'07 CFP

From: Christos Panayiotou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:04:31 +0300

WiOpt07:  Call for Papers

5th Intl. Symposium on Modeling and Optimization 
in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks

http://www.wiopt.org

April 16-20, 2007, Limassol, Cyprus

Scope of the Symposium 
===================================

The design of wireless networks offers challenges not present in fixed
networks: both the offered traffic and the network capacity depend on
the mobility of the nodes. The designs should not only be functioning
correctly, they are also expected to optimize the performance with
respect to many criteria, such as energy efficiency, quality of service,
and capacity utilization. This symposium intends to bring together
researchers and practitioners working on optimization of wireless
network design and operations. It welcomes different perspectives,
including performance analysis, protocol design, wireless communication,
and optimization theory. 

Contributions to this conference should improve the state-of-the-art in
design, analysis, dimensioning and operations of wireless network by
providing insights into theoretical aspects as well as providing
practical methods and tools. All forms of wireless networks are of
interest: from cellular wide-area and local-area networks to dense and
sparse ad-hoc networks; domain specific vehicular, public-transport and
personal-area networks as well as application-specific sensor
networks.  

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

** Modeling of mobility and its influence on systems performance 
** Approaches to dynamic spectrum allocation 
** Interference control for unlicensed spectral bands 
** Effective techniques for simulation of large wireless networks 
** Delay and disruption tolerant wireless communication 
** Fundamental performance limits 
** Analysis and modeling based on measurements 
** Protocol design for optimal system performance 
** Pricing and incentives in mobile and ad-hoc networks 
** Security and co-operation models and analysis 
** Optimization techniques for performance, scalability and
manageability 
** Energy efficiency in mobile and sensor networks 
** Measures of quality with associated performance evaluation 

Submissions 
============

Papers should be submitted as extended abstracts of up to 8 pages with
single column format and one-and-a-half line spacing, and contain
sufficient information to allow for a detailed review. Papers should be
submitted in pdf or ps format (see the conference website www.wiopt.org
for details). The final manuscript will be 10 pages in double column
format. The proceedings will be published by IEEE and accepted papers
will be available online via the IEEE website.

Adjunct Workshops 
==================

Several one-day workshops will accompany the main WiOpt Symposium: 
*** WiNMee/WiTNeMo 2007 : International Workshop on Wireless Network
Measurements
*** RAWNET 2007 : Resource Allocation in Wireless Networks 
*** SPASWIN 2007: Spatial Stochastic Models for Wireless Networks
*** CONCOM 2007 : Control over Communication Channels
*** WNC3 2007 :  Wireless Networks: Communication, Cooperation and
Competition 

Important Dates 
===============
Submission deadline: 		October 6, 2006 
Notification of acceptance: 	December 18, 2007 
Camera-ready copy: 		January 19, 2007 

Steering Committee
==================
Imrich Chlamtac, CREATE-NET Italy
Eitan Altman, INRIA, France
Tamer Basar, UIUC,USA
Jon Crowcroft, Cambridge Univ, UK
Anthony Ephremides, Univ. of Maryland, USA
Daniele Miorandi, CREATE-NET, Italy

Organizing Committee
====================
General Chair:  
*Leandros Tassiullas, Univ. of Thessally, Greece

Technical Program Co-Chairs 
*Leonidas Georgiadis, Aristotle Univ. Greece
*Gunnar Karlsson, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden 

General Vice Chair
*Andreas Pitsillides, University of Cyprus

Local Arrangements Chair
*Stavros Toumpis, University of Cyprus

Finance Chair 
*Karen Decker, ICST 

Workshops Chair 
*C. D. Charalambous, University of Cyprus

Publicity Chair 
*Christos Panayiotou, University of Cyprus

Conference Coordinator 
*Zsuzsanna Lanyi-Kaszab, ICST

Sponsorship
===========
Wiopt'07 is co-sponsored by Create-net, ICST,
IEEE Information Theory, Control and Communications Societies 
(approval pending)

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/