Subject: [Mip4] IEEE SECON 2006 Final Call for Participation

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:58:14 -0400

(Apologies if you receive this information multiple times.)

Dear Colleague,

 Please find below the Call for Participation for IEEE SECON 2006, The
 Third IEEE International Conference on Sensors, Mesh and Ad Hoc
 Communications and Networks. The detailed conference program, including
 advance technical program, panel, tutorial and workshops information,
 is presented below.

 More information is available at: http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/.

 We look forward to your participation in the conference. If you have
 any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the
 conference organizers listed below.

Best Regards,

IEEE SECON 2006 Conference Organizing Committee

***********************************************************************
                                     CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                                           IEEE SECON 2006
                            The Third IEEE International Conference on
                Sensors, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

                                 http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/

          Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
                Technically Co-Sponsored by AFCEA (www.afcea.org)

                               September  25-28, 2006
   Hyatt Reston, Reston, Virginia, USA (Near Washington DC's Dulles airport)

************************************************************************

MONDAY, September 25, 2006

A. WORKSHOPS

The IEEE SECON 2006 conference will host the following two workshops,
that will be held on Monday, September 25, 2006:

   1. Second IEEE Workshop on Wireless Mesh Networks:

      http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/wimesh/index.htm

      Workshop Co-Chairs:
          Prof. Samir R. Das, Stony Brook University
          Dr. Thyaga Nandagopal, Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies

   2. First IEEE Workshop on Networking Technologies for Software
      Defined Radio (SDR) Networks:

      http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/wsdr/index.htm

      Workshop Chair: Dr. Thomas Hou, Virginia Tech.

B. TUTORIAL:

Title: 802.11s: Wireless Local Area Mesh Networking Standard

Date: Monday, Sep 25, 2006;          Time: 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM

Speakers

    * Donald Eastlake, Motorola Laboratories
    * Susan Hares, NextHop Technologies
    * Meiyuan Zhao, Intel Research

=========================================================================

   TENTATIVE CONFERENCE ADVANCE PROGRAM

TUESDAY, September 26, 2006

8:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Opening Remarks
   Keynote Talk by General James Clapper

10.00 AM - 11:00 AM: Posters/Demos

11:00 AM - 12:30 PM: Panel 1: Mesh in Metro: reality and future

  Moderator: Prakash Iyer, Intel
  Panelists: Edward Naef, CSMG
      Vann Hasty, Motorola
      Malik Audeh, Tropos

--------------------------------------------------------------------

2:00 PM - 3:30 PM: (2 Parallel Tracks - Sessions 1 and 2)

Session 1: Routing I

Data-Centric Routing in Sensor Networks using Biased Walk

  Huilong Huang (University of Arizona); John Hartman
  (University of Arizona); Terril Hurst (University of Arizona)

Search-Quality Tradeoffs for Routing in Non-Ideal Wireless Networks

  Chiranjeeb Buragohain (University of
  California, Santa Barbara); Divyakant Agrawal (University of
  California, Santa Barbara); Subhash Suri (University of
  California at Santa Barbara)

GMR: Geographic Multicast Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks

  Juan Sanchez (University of Murcia); Pedro
  Ruiz (University of Murcia); Ivan Stojmenovic (University of
  Ottawa)

Scalable Routing in Sensor Actuator Networks with Churn

  Thomas Fuhrmann (University of Karlsruhe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 2: Security and Privacy

Security Services in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Sparse Random Coding

  Farshid Delgosha (Georgia Institute of Technology); Erman ayday
  (Georgia Institute of Technology); Kevin Chan (Georgia Tech);
  Faramarz Fekri (Georgia Institute of Technology)

Relationship-Based Detection of Spoofing-Related Anomalous Traffic in
   Ad Hoc Networks

  Qing Li (Rutgers University); Wade Trappe (Rutgers University)

A Trust Based Framework for Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor
Networks

  Wei Zhang (University of Texas at Arlington); Sajal Das (The
  University of Texas at Arlington); Yonghe Liu (UT Arlington)

An Anonymous Routing Protocol with The Local-Repair Mechanism for
   Mobile Ad Hoc Networks

  Bo Zhu (George Mason University); Sushil Jajodia (George Mason University)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

4:00 PM - 5:30 PM: (2 Parallel Tracks - Sessions 3 and 4)

Session 3:  Forwarding Protocols

Minimum Latency Broadcasting in Multi-Radio Multi-Channel Multi-Rate
Wireless Meshes

  Junaid Qadir (University of New South Wales); Archan Misra (IBM T J
  Watson Research Center); Chun Tung Chou (University of New South
  Wales)

Solicitation-Based Forwarding for Sensor Networks

 Seoung-Bum Lee (Columbia University); Kyung Joon Kwak (Columbia
 University); Andrew Campbell (Dartmouth College)

Coverage Aware Buffer Management and Scheduling for Wireless Sensor Networks

   Eugene Chai (National University of Singapore); Mun Choon Chan
   (National University of Singapore); Akkihebbal L. Ananda (National
   University of Singapore)

A Communication Architecture for Mobile Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks

  Tommaso Melodia (Georgia Institute of Technology); Dario Pompili
  (Georgia Institute of Technology); Ian Akyildiz (Georgia Institute
  of Technology)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 4: Spatial Reuse and Spectrum Allocation

Belief-Assisted Pricing for Dynamic Spectrum Allocation in Wireless
Networks with Selfish Users

   Zhu Ji (University of Maryland, College Park); K.J. Ray Liu
   (University of Maryland)

Spatial Diversity Benefits by Means of Induced Fading

   Daniele Puccinelli (University of Notre Dame); Martin Haenggi
   (University of Notre Dame)

Scheduling Optimization in Wireless MESH Networks with Power Control
and Rate Adaptation

   Antonio Capone (Politecnico di Milano); Giuliana Carello
   (Politecnico di Milano)

***************  END OF TUESDAY PROGRAM ***********************************

WEDNESDAY, September 27, 2006

8:30 AM - 10.00 AM: Panel 2: Scaling to Large Sensor Networks - How
        Large is too Large?

 Moderator: Dr. James A. Freebersyser, BBN
 Panelists: Mr. Patrick Gonia, Honeywell
     Prof. William J. Kaiser, UCLA
     Prof. Prasun Sinha, Ohio State University
     Mr. Mike Horton, Crossbow

10.00 AM - 11:00 AM: Posters/Demos

11:00 AM - 12:30 PM: (3 Parallel Tracks - Sessions 5, 6 and 7)

Session 5: Platforms and Development Environments

Balancing Computation and Communication Costs: The Case for
Hybrid Execution in Sensor Networks

  Ingwar Wirjawan (University of California, Davis); Joel Koshy
  (University of California, Davis); Raju Pandey (University of
  California, Davis); Yann Ramin (University of California, Davis)

EmPro: An Environment/Energy Emulation and Profiling Platform for
Wireless Sensor Networks

  Chulsung Park (University of California, Irvine); Pai Chou
  (University of California, Irvine)

AmbiMax: Efficient, Autonomous Energy Harvesting System
for Multiple-Supply Wireless Sensor Nodes

  Chulsung Park (University of California, Irvine); Pai Chou
  (University of California, Irivne)

TinyXXL: Language and Runtime Support for Cross-Layer Interactions

  Andreas Lachenmann (University of Stuttgart); Pedro Jos Marrn
  (University of Stuttgart); Daniel Minder (University of Stuttgart);
  Matthias Gauger (University of Stuttgart); Olga Saukh (University of
  Stuttgart); Kurt Rothermel (University of Stuttgart)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 6: Cooperative Communication

When Does Cooperation Have Better Performance in Sensor Networks?

  Ahmed Sadek (University of Maryland); Wei Yu (University of
  Maryland); K.J. Ray Liu (University of Maryland)

Balancing Cooperation and Interference in Wireless Sensor Networks

  Sam Vakil (University of Toronto); Ben Liang (University of Toronto)

Progressive Network Coding for Message-Forwarding in Ad-Hoc Wireless
Networks

 Xingkai Bao (Lehigh University); Jing Li (Lehigh University)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 7: Disconnection Tolerance

A Proactive Data Bundling System for Intermittent Mobile Connections

  Caitlin Holman (University of Califonia, Santa Barbara); Khaled
  Harras (University of Califonia, Santa Barbara); Kevin Almeroth
  (University of Califonia, Santa Barbara); Anderson Lam (University
  of Califonia, Santa Barbara)

Island Hopping: Efficient Mobility-Assisted Forwarding in
Partitioned Networks

  Natasa Sarafijanovic (EPFL); Michal Pirkowski (EPFL); Matthias
  Grossglauser (EPFL)

Effective Dissemination of Presence Information in Highly Partitioned
Mobile Ad Hoc Networks

  Christoph Lindemann (University of Leipzig); Oliver Waldhorst
  (University of Leipzig)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

2:00 PM - 3:30 PM: (3 Parallel Tracks - Sessions 8, 9, 10)

Session 8: Routing II

Improving Geographical Routing for Wireless Networks with an Efficient
Path Pruning Algorithm

  Xiaoli Ma (Georgia Institute of Technology); Min-Te Sun (Auburn
  University); Gang Zhao (University of Louisville); Xiangqian Liu
  (University of Louisville)

Supervised Learning in Sensor Networks: New Approaches with Routing,
Reliability Optimizations

  Yong Wang (Princeton University); Margaret Martonosi (Princeton
  University); Li-Shiuan Peh (Princeton University)

MERLIN: A synergetic integration of MAC and Routing Protocol for
Distributed Sensor Networks

  Antonio Ruzzelli (University College Dublin); Michael O'Grady
  (University College Dublin); Gregory O'Hare (University College
  Dublin); Richard Tynan (University College Dublin)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 9: Network Modeling and Analysis

A Spatio-Temporal Model for Physical Carrier Sensing Wireless Ad-Hoc
Networks

  Eric Wong (University of California, San Diego); Rene Cruz
  (University of California, San Diego)

A Realistic Power Consumption Model for Wireless Sensor Network
Devices

  Qin Wang (Harvard University); Mark Hempstead (Harvard University);
  Woodward Yang (Harvard University)

The Analysis of a Game Theoretic MAC Protocol for Wireless Networks

  Hazer Inaltekin (Cornell University); Stephen Wicker (Cornell
  University)

Optimizing Delay in Sequential Change Detection on Ad Hoc Wireless
Sensor Networks

  Venkata K. Prasanthi M. (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore);
  Anurag Kumar (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 10: Sensor Coverage

Deployment Strategies for Differentiated Detection in Wireless Sensor
Networks

 Jingbin Zhang (University of Virginia); Ting Yan
 (University of Virginia); Sang Son (University of Virginia)

Sacrificing a Little Coverage Can Substantially Increase Network
Lifetime

 Limin Wang (Michigan State University); Sandeep Kulkarni (Michigan
 State University)

Optimal Worst-Case Coverage of Directional Field-of-View Sensor
Networks

 Jacob Adriaens (University of Wisconsin Madison); Seapahn Megerian
 (University of Wisconsin Madison); Miodrag Potkonjak (University of
 California at Los Angeles)

Mutual Exclusion in Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks

  Ramanuja Vedantham (Georgia Institute of Technology); Zhenyun Zhuang
  (Georgia Institute of Technology); Raghupathy Sivakumar (Georgia
  Institute of Technology)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

4:00 PM - 5:30 PM (3 Parallel Tracks - Sessions 11, 12, 13)

Session 11: Localization and Ranging I

Localization in Sensor Networks using Consistency-based Statistical
Error Models

  Jessica Feng (University of California, Los Angeles); Lewis Girod
  (University of California, Los Angeles); Miodrag Potkonjak
  (University of California at Los Angeles)

A Practical Approach to Landmark Deployment for Indoor Localization

 Yingying Chen (Rutgers University); John-Austen Francisco (Rutgers
 University); Wade Trappe (Rutgers University); Richard Martin
 (Rutgers University)

Angle of Arrival Localization for Wireless Sensor Networks

  Rong Peng (North Carolina State University); Mihail Sichitiu (North
  Carolina State University)

Robot-Assisted Localization Techniques for Wireless Image
Sensor Networks

  Huang Lee (Stanford University); Hattie Dong (Stanford University);
  Hamid Aghajan (Stanford University)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 12: Medium Access

Multichannel MAC Protocols for Wireless Networks

  Ritesh Maheshwari (Stony Brook University); Himanshu Gupta (Stony
  Brook University); Samir Das (Stony Brook University)

RT-Link: A Time-Synchronized Link Protocol for Energy
Constrained Multi-Hop Wireless Networks

 Anthony Rowe (Carnegie Mellon University); Rahul Mangharam (Carnegie
 Mellon University); Ragunathan Rajkumar (Carnegie Mellon University)

Understanding the Gap between the IEEE 802.11 Protocol Performance and
the Theoretical Limits

 Mathilde Durvy (EPFL); Patrick Thiran (EPFL)

Throughput-Oriented MAC for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks with
Variable Packet Sizes

 Ossama Younis (University of Arizona); Fan Wang (University of
 Arizona); Marwan Krunz (University of Arizona)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 13: Theoretical Foundations

Topology Control to Simultaneously Achieve Near-Optimal Node Degree
and Low Path Stretch in Ad Hoc Networks

  Ece Gelal (University of California, Riverside); Gentian Jakllari
  (University of California, Riverside); Srikanth Krishnamurthy
  (University of California, Riverside); Neal E. Young (University of
  California, Riverside)

Distributed Linear Parameter Estimation in Sensor Networks Based on
Laplacian Dynamics Consensus Algorithm

  Arindam Kumar Das (University of Washington); Mehran Mesbahi
  (University of Washington)

On the Information Lifetime and the Localization Cost in Sensor
Networks with Random Topologies

  Cedric Westphal (Nokia Research Center)

Cooperation Enforcement in Autonomous MANETs under Noise and
Imperfect Observation

 Zhu Ji (University of Maryland, College Park); Wei Yu (University of
 Maryland, College Park); K.J. Ray Liu (University of Maryland,
 College Park)

*********************************** END OF WEDNESDAY PROGRAM ***********

THURSDAY, September 28, 2006

8:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Panel 3:  Ad-Hoc and Sensor technology: The
 Defense Industry's Perspective

 Panelists: Mr. Leslie Owens, Booz Allen Hamilton (Moderator)
     Dr. Scott F. Midkiff, Virginia Tech.
     Mr. David Lofquist, Boeing
     Dr. Sherin Kamal, Booz Allen Hamilton

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Posters/Demos

11:00 AM - 12:30 PM: (2 Parallel Tracks - Sessions 14, 15)

Session 14: Topology Control

Joint Range and Load Considerations for Topology Control in Wireless
Ad Hoc Networks

  Sajjad Zarifzadeh (University of Tehran); Amir Nayyeri (University
  of Tehran)

Distributed Fair Transmit Power Adjustment for Vehicular Ad Hoc
Networks

  Marc Torrent-Moreno (University of Karlsruhe); Paolo Santi (CNR);
  Hannes Hartenstein (University of Karlsruhe)

Low-Complexity Beamforming Techniques for Wireless Multihop Networks

  Robert Vilzmann (Technische Universit t Mnchen); Jrg Widmer (DoCoMo
  Euro-Labs); Imad Aad (DoCoMo Euro-Labs); Christian Hartmann
  (Technische Universit t Mnchen)

Energy Efficient Transmission Scheme for Data-Gathering in Mobile
Sensor Networks

  Chao Wang (University of Wisconsin, Madison); Parmesh Ramanathan
  (University of Wisconsin at Madison)

Session 15: Energy Management

LEARN: Localized Energy Aware Restricted Neighborhood Routing for Ad
Hoc Networks

  Xiang-Yang Li (Illinois Institute of Technology); Yu Wang
  (Univeristy of North Carolina at Charlotte); Wen-Zhan Song
  (Washington State University, Vancouver); Weizhao Wang (Illinois
  Institute of Technology)

A New Method for Distributing Power Usage Across a Sensor Network

  Patrick Vincent (Naval Postgraduate School); Murali Tummala (Naval
  Postgraduate School); John McEachen (Naval Postgraduate School)

Energy Efficient Network Reconfiguration for Mostly-Off Sensor
Networks

  Yuan Li (University of Southern California); Wei Ye (University of
  Southern California); John Heidemann (University of Southern
  California)

2:00 PM - 3:30 PM: (2 Parallel Tracks - Sessions 16, 17)

Session 16:     Localization and Ranging II

Distance Matrix Reconstruction from Incomplete Distance Information
for Sensor Network Localization

  Petros Drineas (RPI); Asif Javed (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute);
  Malik Magdon-Ismail (RPI); Gopal Pandurangan (Purdue University);
  Reino Virrankoski (Helsinki University of Technology) ; Andreas
  Savvides (Yale University)

MERIT: MEsh of RF sensors for Indoor Tracking

  Yui-Wah Lee (Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies); Erich Stuntebeck
  (Georgia Institute of Technology); Scott Miller (Bell Labs, Lucent
  Technologies)

Reducing the Computational Cost of Bayesian Indoor Positioning Systems

  Konstantin Kleisouris (Rutgers University); Richard Martin (Rutgers
  University)

Sensor-Enhanced Mobility Prediction for Energy-Efficient Localization

  Chuang-wen You (National Taiwan University); Yi-Chao Chen (National
  Taiwan University); Hao-hua Chu (National Taiwan University); Polly
  Huang (National Taiwan University); Ji-Rung Chiang (National Taiwan
  University); Seng-Yong Lau (National Taiwan University)

Session 17: Fault Tolerance

Memento: A Health Monitoring System for Wireless Sensor Networks

  Stanislav Rost (Massachusetts Institute of Technology); Hari
  Balakrishnan (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

Cross-Layer Analysis of Error Control in Wireless Sensor Networks

  Mehmet Vuran (Georgia Institute of Technology); Ian Akyildiz
 (Georgia Institute of Technology)

RideSharing: Fault Tolerant Aggregation in Sensor Networks Using
 Corrective Actions

  Sameh Gobriel (University of Pittsburgh); Sherif Khattab (University
  of Pittsburgh); Daniel Mosse (University of Pittsburgh); Jose
  Brustoloni (University of Pittsburgh); Rami Melhem (University of
  Pittsburgh)

========================================================================

      CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITEE
      ------------------------------

GENERAL CHAIR:

Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore County,
[email-masked]

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:

Mark Yarvis, Intel Corporation, [email-masked]
Michele Zorzi, Universita' degli Studi di Padova, [email-masked]

POSTERS/DEMOS CO-CHAIRS:

Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, [email-masked]
Cedric Westphal, Nokia, [email-masked]

PANELS CO-CHAIRS:

Ian Chakeres, Boeing, [email-masked]
Lily Yang, Intel, [email-masked]

WORKSHOPS CHAIR:

Tom Hou, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS CHAIR:

Wenye Wang, NCSU, [email-masked]

PUBLICITY CHAIR:

Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester, [email-masked]

EXHIBITS/SPONSORSHIPS CHAIR:

Vishal Anand, SUNY Brockport, [email-masked]

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CHAIR:

Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virgina Tech, [email-masked]

STANDING COMMITTEE:
  Fred Bauer ([email-masked])  [CHAIR]
  Harvey Freeman
  Sung-Ju Lee, HP Labs
  Prasant Mohapatra, University of California, Davis

       TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
       ---------------------------

Abouzeid, Alhussein   Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Almeroth, Kevin   University of California at Santa Barbara
Banerjee, Sujata   Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
Banerjee, Suman   University of Wisconsin
Basagni, Stefano   Northeastern University
Belding-Royer, Elizabeth  University of California at Santa Barbara
Bianchi, Giuseppe   University of Rome, Tor Vergata
Boutaba, Raouf    University of Waterloo
Cao, Guohong    Pennsylvania State University
Cayirci, Erdal    GeNeTLab
Chandra, Surendar   University of Notre Dame
Chevillat, Pierre   IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
Choi, Sunghyun    Seoul National Unversity
Chuah, Chen-Nee   University of California, Davis
Das, Sajal    University of Texas at Arlington
Das, Samir    SUNY at Stony Brook
Ekici, Eylem    Ohio State University
ElBatt, Tamer    Hughes Research Laboratories, LLC
Ephremides, Anthony   University of Maryland at College Park
Giordano, Silvia   University of Applied Science SUPSI, Lugano
Hares, Susan    NextHop
Havinga, Paul    University of Twente
Helmy, Ahmed    University of Southern California
Iyer, Sridhar    Indian Institute of Technology
Jetcheva, Jorjeta   Firetide, Inc.
Jha, Sanjay    University of New South Wales
Kangude, Shantanu   Texas Instruments, Inc.
Kasera, Sneha    University of Utah
Ko, Young-Bae    Ajou University
Koodli, Rajeev    Nokia Research Center
Krishnamachari, Bhaskar  University of Southern California
Krishnamurthy, Lakshman  Intel Corporation
Langendoen, Koen   Delft University of Technology
Lee, Sung-Ju    Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
Li, Li      Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies
Martin, Richard   Rutgers University
Mohapatra, Prasant   University of California, Davis
Morabito, Giacomo   University of Catania
Nandagopal, Thyaga   Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies
Ning, Peng    North Carolina State University
Pagani, Elena    University of Milano
Papagiannaki, Konstantina  Intel Corporation
Petrioli, Chiara   University of Rome, la Sapienza
Popovski, Petar   Aalborg University
Qiu, Lili    University of Texas at Austin
Ramasubramanian, Srini   Unviersity of Arizona
Ramasubramanian, Venugopalan  Cornell University
Reisslein, Martin   Arizona State University
Rhee, Sokwoo    Millennial Net
Roemer, Kay    Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
Santi, Paolo    CNR (National Research Council), Italy
Schurgers, Curt   University of California at San Diego
Shorey, Rajeev    General Motors Research, Bangalore
Singh, Harkirat   Samsung Electronics
Singh, Suresh    Portland State University
Srinivasan, Vikram   National University of Singapore
Stankovic, John   University of Virginia
Trappe, Wade    Rutgers University
Tseng, Yu-Chee    National Chiao-Tung University
Wang, Xudong    Kiyon, Inc.
Westphal, Cedric   Nokia Research Center
Widmer, Joerg    DoCoMo Eurolabs
Zhang, Junshan    Arizona State University
Zhang, Qian    Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Zheng, Haitao    University of California at Santa Barbara
Znati, Taieb    University of Pittsburgh
---------------------------

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/