Subject: [Mip4] Call for participation: WiMesh 2006

From: "Wendi Heinzelman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:08:49 -0400

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                         **************************

                                WiMesh  2006
                Second IEEE Workshop on Wireless Mesh Networks
                  (To be held in conjunction with SECON 2006)

                            Reston, Virginia, USA

                         Monday, 25th September, 2006

  Wireless mesh networking is attracting significant interest as a low-cost
networking platform to support ubiquitous broadband access in the context of
home networking, enterprise networking, or a larger, community or metro-
scale networking. Many universities, as well as industrial labs have 
on-going
research projects on various aspects of mesh networking, including
architectures, protocols, services and applications. Several startups are
building mesh networking platforms and deploying services. WiMesh 2006 is a
one-day forum for meeting, presenting and discussing core technical issues
and current research problems in wireless mesh networking. It will follow up
on the success of WiMesh 2005 and will be held in conjunction with the SECON
2006 conference. WiMesh features select publications and talks by leading
researchers in the field.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Program
*****************

                   MONDAY, 25th of SEPTEMBER, 2006

7.30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.             Continental Breakfast

8:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.             Welcome and Opening Remarks

8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.           Session 1:  Medium Access Control

  1. RTSS/CTSS: Mitigation of Exposed Terminals in Static 802.11-Based
     Mesh Networks
       Kimaya Mittal and Elizabeth M. Belding (University of California,
       Santa Barbara)

  2. Spatial Backoff Contention Resolution for Wireless Networks
       Xue Yang (Intel) and Nitin Vaidya (University of Illinois at
       Urbana Champaign)

  3. Learning Contention Patterns and Adapting to Load/Topology Changes
     in a MAC Scheduling Algorithm
       Yung Yi, Gustavo de Veciana, and Sanjay Shakkottai (University of
       Texas at Austin)

10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.           Refreshment Break

10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.     Session 2: Routing and Channel Assignment

  1. Dynamic Interference Adaptation for Wireless Mesh Networks
       Dheeraj Agrawal, Arunesh Mishra, Kevin Springborn, Suman Banerjee
       (University of Wisconsin at Madison), Samrat Ganguly (NEC Labs)

  2. The Impact of IEEE 802.11 MAC Strategies on Multi-Hop Wireless Mesh
     Networks
       Seongkwan Kim (Seoul National University), Sung-Ju Lee (HP Labs),
       and Sunghyun Choi (Seoul National University)

  3. Simple Opportunistic Routing Protocol for Wireless Mesh Networks
       Eric Rozner, Jayesh Seshadri, Yogita Mehta, and Lili Qiu (University
       of Texas at Austin)

  4. Interference Aware Routing in Multi-Radio Wireless Mesh Networks
       Anand Prabhu Subramanian (SUNY, Stony Brook), Milind M. Buddhikot,
       Scott Miller (Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies)

12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.           Lunch Break

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.       Session 3: Architecture

  1. On Multi-Gateway Association in Wireless Mesh Networks
       Sriram Lakshmanan, Karthikeyan Sundaresan, and Raghupathy Sivakumar
       (Georgia Tech)

  2. A Cross-Layer Cross-Overlay Architecture for Proactive Adaptive
     Processing in Mesh Networks
       Dilip Krishnaswamy, Hsien-Po Shiang, John Vicente, W. Steven Conner,
       Sanjay Rungta, Winson Chan and Kai Miao (Intel Corp.)

  3. Application layer relays for wireless 802.11 mesh networks
       Yong Huang, Weibo Gong, and Don Towsley (University of Massachusetts
       at Amherst)

3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.           Refreshment Break

3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.           Session 4: Complexity & Optimization

  1. Hybrid Sensor and Mesh Networks: Paradigms for Fair and Energy
     Efficient Communication
       Gaurav Sharma, Ravi Mazumdar, and Ness B. Shroff (Purdue University)

  2. A Tractable Algorithm for Fair and Efficient Uplink Scheduling of
     Multi-hop WiMax Mesh Networks
       Min Cao, Vivek Raghunathan and P. R. Kumar (University of Illinois at
       Urbana Champaign)

  3. IRMA: Integrated Routing and MAC Scheduling in Multi-hop Wireless
     Mesh Networks
       Zhibin Wu, Sachin Ganu and Dipankar Raychaudhuri (Rutgers University)

5:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.           Concluding Remarks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Workshop Chairs
***************
Samir R. Das, Stony Brook University.
Thyaga Nandagopal, Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/