Subject: [Mip4] WGLC: draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:18:34 -0500

The working group last call period on draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt has 
concluded.

We got comments from Ajoy, George, Alex, and Vijay.  Two voted in
favor of moving forward, one against, and one not clear.

Comments from Vijay are probably the easiest to address.  Rajeev,
can you produce a revised version of the draft?

On the topic of putting specific numbers into the draft: maybe a
way forward would be to add some text indicating where the delays
take place, and leave the specific numbers to the reader according
to whatever link-layer they happen to be using.  This would mean
adding a paragraph or two describing qualitatively where the delays
are without going into too much quantitative detail.

-Pete

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:46:48 -0700

Hi Pete,

>Comments from Vijay are probably the easiest to address.  
>Rajeev, can you produce a revised version of the draft?

Yes. 

>
>On the topic of putting specific numbers into the draft: maybe 
>a way forward would be to add some text indicating where the 
>delays take place, and leave the specific numbers to the 
>reader according to whatever link-layer they happen to be 
>using.  This would mean adding a paragraph or two describing 
>qualitatively where the delays are without going into too much 
>quantitative detail.
>

Agreed.

Regards,

-Rajeev

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:00:55 +0200

Pete McCann wrote:
> The working group last call period on draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt
> has concluded.
> 
> Comments from Vijay are probably the easiest to address.  Rajeev, can
> you produce a revised version of the draft?
> 
> On the topic of putting specific numbers into the draft: maybe a way
> forward would be to add some text indicating where the delays take
> place, and leave the specific numbers to the reader according to
> whatever link-layer they happen to be using.  This would mean adding
> a paragraph or two describing qualitatively where the delays are
> without going into too much quantitative detail.

I support this approach.

Alex

---

From: "Tsirtsis, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:34:12 -0700

Yes, sounds good.
Thanks
George

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alexandru Petrescu [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:01 PM
> To: Pete McCann
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Mip4] WGLC: draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt
> 
> Pete McCann wrote:
can