Subject: [Mip4] RFC 4988 on Mobile IPv4 Fast Handovers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:52:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4988

        Title:      Mobile IPv4 Fast Handovers 
        Author:     R. Koodli, C. Perkins
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 57921
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4988.txt

This document adapts the Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers to improve delay
and packet loss resulting from Mobile IPv4 handover operations.
Specifically, this document addresses movement detection, IP address
configuration, and location update latencies during a handover.  For
reducing the IP address configuration latency, the document proposes
that the new Care-of Address is always made to be the new access
router's IP address.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/