Subject: [Mip4] Questions on RFC4881 and RFC 4988

From: "Liang(Leo) Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 11:02:21 -0800

Hi,

I am interested to the fast handover mechanism defined in RFC4881 and 
RFC4988.  Is anyone here able to clarify some questions for me?
1) Is there any open source project implementing the protocol or a good 
point to start with?
2) In rfc4988, does an home agent exist?
3) In rfc4988, if a MN moves from AR1, AR2, to AR3, what is the routing 
path when MN connects with AR3?
CN->AR1->AR2->AR3->MN or CN->AR1->AR3->MN or CN->HA->AR3->MN?
4) In rfc 4881, when nFA receives MN's RegRegReq (routed via oFA), does 
it buffer the data packet from HA before MN connects with the nFA?
5) If the movement predication is incorrect, i.e. MN connects with  FA2 
which is not the predicted FA1, is it possible that the packets buffered 
at FA1 transmits  to MN finally?

Thanks!

-Liang

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/