Subject: [Mip4] WONS 2009: Preliminary announcement and Call For Papers

From: Gaia Maselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:49:07 +0200

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP.
-----------------------------------------------------------
  PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS: WONS 2009

              #     # ####### #     #  #####
              #  #  # #     # ##    # #     #
              #  #  # #     # # #   # #
              #  #  # #     # #  #  #  #####
              #  #  # #     # #   # #       #
              #  #  # #     # #    ## #     #
               ## ##  ####### #     #  #####
 
               #####    ###     ###    #####
              #     #  #   #   #   #  #     #
                    # #     # #     # #     #
               #####  #     # #     #  ######
              #       #     # #     #       #
              #        #   #   #   #  #     #
              #######   ###     ###    #####

     The Sixth International Conference on Wireless
        On-demand Network Systems and Services
             (IEEE/IFIP sponsorship pending)

        February 2-4, 2009. Snowbird, Utah, USA
               http://wons09.cs.ucla.edu
------------------------------------------------------------

Scope of the conference
-----------------------

As  more and  more  users become  increasingly dependent  on
wireless  and  mobile  communications,  it is  necessary  to
secure  a  reliable and  dependable  technology support  for
"on-demand"   services   through   any   of   the   wireless
architectures that  have been in  development recently, such
as  mesh  networks, WiMAX,  WiFi,  ad  hoc networks,  sensor
networks, etc.

However, there  are serious challenges to  overcome, such as
the integration of infrastructure-based and ad hoc networks,
robust   algorithms   for  self-organizing,   reconfigurable
wireless  networks,  on-demand   service  models  and  their
provision in  a highly-volatile interconnection environment,
and smooth interoperability of architectures.

WONS, now in its sixth  edition, has established itself as a
high-quality  forum  to  address  these  challenges  in  the
context of  a workshop that is rich  in intense interactions
and  based on  innovative  contributions by  experts in  the
field.

This   announcement   solicits   original   submissions   of
high-quality   research  papers   on  "wireless   on  demand
networks"  that  provide  novel  insights  on  protocol  and
network design, modeling and performance evaluation, pricing
and    profitability   models,    QoS    models,   practical
implementations,   service   level   aspects  and   Internet
integration of wireless networks.

Topics related  to wireless ad hoc  networks, mesh networks,
vehicular networks and sensor networks comprise, but are not
limited to:

   * Architecture and Design
   * Analysis through simulation and experimental evaluation
   * Modeling
   * Internet integration
   * Social and economic aspects
   * Pervasive / ubiquitous computing
   * Localization and mobility management
   * Security
   * Energy-efficient protocols and power management
   * Applications and Service Support
   * Data dissemination and Peer-to-Peer systems
   * Middleware aspects
   * Self-X and network management

Manuscript submission
---------------------

Submitted papers  should not  have been published  before or
they  should  not  be  currently  under  review  at  another
conference  or  journal.   Authors  are  invited  to  submit
double-column full  (8 pages) and short papers  (4 pages) in
PDF format.  The font size  should not be smaller than 10pt.
Short  papers  should  present future  research  directions,
ongoing work, visionary and innovative ideas; accepted short
papers will  populate poster sessions at  the conference and
will be included  in the conference proceedings.  Submission
implies the  willingness of at  least one of the  authors to
register  and  present the  paper  if accepted.   Conference
proceedings will be included in the IEEE Xplore library.

Further  submission instructions  will be  published  on the
conference web site.

Important Dates
---------------
Full Paper Submission:                     October 2nd, 2008
Acceptance notification:                 November 17th, 2008
Camera-ready due:                         December 7th, 2008

Organization - Executive Committee
----------------------------------
General Chair
    Violet R. Syrotiuk (Arizona State University)

Technical Program Co-Chairs
    Anthony Ephremides (University of Maryland)
    Claudio Casetti (Politecnico di Torino)

Publicity and Web-Chairs
    Stefano Basagni (Northeastern University)
    Dae-Ki Cho (UCLA Network Research Lab)
    Gaia Maselli (Univ. of Roma "La Sapienza")
   
Steering Committee
    Renato Lo Cigno, Chair (University of Trento)
    Ernst Biersack (Institute EURECOM)
    Edward W. Knightly (Rice University)
    Mario Gerla (UCLA)
    Ioannis Stavrakakis (University of Athens)

Technical Program Committee [to be completed]
    Ian Akyildiz (Georgia Tech)
    Eitan Altman (INRIA)
    Giuseppe Bianchi (University of Roma, Tor Vergata)
    Ernst Biersack (Institute EURECOM)
    Matteo Cesana (Politecnico di Milano)
    Andrzej Duda (LSR-IMAG Laboratory)
    Azadeh Faridi (Pompeu-Farba University  in Barcelona)
    Jorge Garcia (UPC, Polytechnic University of Catalonia)
    Mario Gerla (UCLA)
    Silvia Giordano (SUPSI of Lugano)
    Fabrizio Granelli (University of Trento)
    Martin Haenggi (Notre Dame)
    Hannes Hartenstein (University of Karlsruhe)
    Holger Karl (University of Paderborn)
    Gunnar Karlsson (KTH, Royal Institute of Technology)
    Edward W. Knightly (Rice University)
    Sastry Kompella (Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC)
    Bhaskar Krishnamachari (USC)
    Renato Lo Cigno (University of Trento)
    Stefan Mangold (Swisscom)
    Pietro Michiardi (Institute Eurecom)
    Giacomo Morabito (University of Catania)
    Ioannis Stavrakakis (University of Athens)
    Martina Zitterbart (University of Karlsruhe)

--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/