Subject: [Mip4] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4857 (2103)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:34:20 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4857,
"Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4857&eid=2103

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.1

Original Text
-------------
8.1.  Regional Registration Flag

   The only change to the Mobility Agent Advertisement Extension defined
   in [RFC3344] is a flag indicating that the domain, to which the FA
   generating the Agent Advertisement belongs, supports regional
   registrations.  The flag is inserted after the flags defined in
   [RFC3344], [RFC3024], and [RFC3519].

   Regional Registration flag:

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     Type      |    Length     |        Sequence Number        |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |           Lifetime            |R|B|H|F|M|G|r|T|U|I| reserved  |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                  zero or more Care-of Addresses               |
       |                              ...                              |

   The flag is defined as follows:

            Type    16 (Mobility Agent Advertisement)

            I       Regional Registration.  This domain supports
                    regional registration as specified in this document.

Corrected Text
--------------
8.1.  Regional Registration Flag

   The only change to the Mobility Agent Advertisement Extension defined
   in [RFC3344] is a flag indicating that the domain, to which the FA
   generating the Agent Advertisement belongs, supports regional
   registrations.  The flag is inserted after the flags defined in
   [RFC3344], [RFC3024], [RFC3519], and [RFC3543].

   Regional Registration flag:

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     Type      |    Length     |        Sequence Number        |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |           Lifetime            |R|B|H|F|M|G|r|T|U|X|I|reserved |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                  zero or more Care-of Addresses               |
       |                              ...                              |

   The flag is defined as follows:

            Type    16 (Mobility Agent Advertisement)

            I       Regional Registration.  This domain supports
                    regional registration as specified in this document.

Notes
-----
Bit 10 was already allocated by RFC 3543.  We need to move the 'I' bit one position to the right, and also add a reference to RFC 3543 in the References section.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4857 (draft-ietf-mip4-reg-tunnel-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration
Publication Date    : June 2007
Author(s)           : E. Fogelstroem, A. Jonsson, C. Perkins
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : Mobility for IPv4
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG