Subject: [Mip4] IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic-05

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 13:40:06 -0700

Dear George Tsirtsis, Vincent Park, Kent Leung:

 An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "Dynamic Prefix
Allocation for NEMOv4" (draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic) was submitted to the
IETF Secretariat on 2011-05-04 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of
Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1545/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic-05."");

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:08:26 -0400

I am preparing the PROTO writeup for this draft.  In total two IPR
disclosures have been filed, one from Motorola and one from Cisco.
The Motorola disclosure promises RAND licensing, while the Cisco
disclosure promises royalty-free with grant-back.

I need to report on the PROTO writeup what is the working group
consensus with respect to these IPR declarations.  Does anyone
think we should not go ahead with publication?  Are there possible
workarounds to the claimed IPR that we should consider?

-Pete

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:03:47 +0200

Le 11/05/2011 21:08, Pete McCann a écrit :
> consensus with respect to these IPR declarations.  Does anyone think
> we should not go ahead with publication?

I am making up my mind while listening to what others think.

> Are there possible workarounds to the claimed IPR that we should
> consider?

Certainly there may exist workarounds to the US6959341B1 "Dynamic
Network Allocation for Mobile Router", if needed.

Alex

>
> -Pete
>
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:40 PM, IETF Secretariat<[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>>
>> An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled
>> "Dynamic Prefix Allocation for NEMOv4"
>> (draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic) was submitted to the IETF
>> Secretariat on 2011-05-04 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of
>> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1545/). The title of the IPR
>> disclosure is "Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to
>> draft-ietf-mip4-nemov4-dynamic-05."");
>>
>> The IETF Secretariat
>>
>>