Subject: [Mip4] Call for posters, demos and student travel grants for ACM WUWNet'11

From: Bridget Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:39:25 -0700

Call for posters, demos and student travel grants for ACM WUWNet'11

*Important Dates*

Poster/demo extended abstract due date: Nov. 5, 2011
Poster/demo notification of acceptance:  Nov. 7, 2011

Student travel grant application due date:  Nov. 8, 2011
Student travel grant notification:  Nov. 10, 2011

----------------------------------------------------------------------

WUWNet'11 will be held in Seattle, Washington, USA. The preliminary

program is now available at http://wuwnet.acm.org/2011/program.php

*Work-In-Progress Poster Session *
===============================

The work-in-progress poster session will provide a forum for researchers

to showcase new and emerging work and obtain feedback on ongoing research
from workshop attendees.

Please submit an extended abstract (no more than 2 pages) of your
poster as a PDF e-mail attachment to <[email-masked]> or <[email-masked]>

with the subject line reading “WUWNet Poster Submission” before the deadline.
Please be as specific as possible in describing what you will show. Accepted
abstracts will be posted and maintained on the workshop website.

Work-In-Progress Poster Committee:

Lin Cai, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada (co-chair)
Shaobin Cai, Harbin Engineering University, Harbin, China (co-chair)

See more details at http://wuwnet.acm.org/2011/posters.php

*Demos Session*
=============

The demo session will provide an opportunity for researchers to showcase
innovative research, applications, and hardware/software products.
Demonstrations of technology, platforms, applications and products for all

aspects of underwater networks, communications, and models are of strong
interest. Submissions from both industry and universities are encouraged.

Please submit an extended abstract (no more than 2 pages) of your demo as

a PDF e-mail attachment to: <dario AT dico.unimi.it> and <zshi AT
engr.uconn.edu>
using the following subject line: "WUWNet Demo Submission".

Please, be as specific as possible in describing what you will demonstrate
or exhibit. The extended abstract must include a short description of space
and equipment requirements. Accepted abstracts will be posted and maintained

on the workshop website.

Demo Committee:

Dario Maggiorini, University of Milan, Italy, (Co-chair)
Z. Jerry Shi, University of Connecticut, (Co-Chair)

Demo Award:

There will be one or two demo awards, depending on the number of demos.

See more details at http://wuwnet.acm.org/2011/posters.php

*
Student Travel Grant *
====================

WUWNet 2011 has received travel grants from US National Science Foundation

(NSF), to support student authors to present their work in the regular paper
sessions, the Doctoral Symposium and the work-in-progress poster and
demo session. A total of about 15 ~ 20 students will be supported.

When applying, a graduate student needs to submit his/her vita, a short
personal statement, and a supporting email from the student's advisor.

The personal statement (half to one page) should include:

1.A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
2.A description of areas in the ACM WUWNet 2011 program that would impact
the student's research;
3.The paper/poster/demo that the student is an author on, if applicable.

In addition, the student's advisor should send an email to confirm that
the student is a bona fide Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in good standing.

Applications and the support letters should be emailed by the applicant

and the applicant's advisor, respectively, to [email-masked] with
subject line "WUWNet Student Travel Grant Application" or "WUWNet Student
Travel Grant Support Letter". ASCII format is strongly preferred, although

PDF format is acceptable.

The travel grant committee is headed by Prof. Shengli Zhou and Dr. Payman
Arabshahi.

Eligibility
Students must be from U.S. based institutions.

Priority will be given to students who are authors of regular papers, short

papers, or posters, and team members of the demos. Depending on the funding,
other student attendants will also be considered.

See more details at http://wuwnet.acm.org/2011/stg.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Bridget Benson, PhD
Assistant Professor
Electrical Engineering Department
California Polytechnic State University
www.ee.calpoly.edu/faculty/bbenson