Subject: [Mip4] Document Action: 'Home Agent assisted Route Optimization between Mobile IPv4 Networks' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:05:03 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Home Agent assisted Route Optimization between Mobile IPv4 Networks'
  (draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro-07.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mip4-nemo-haaro/

Technical Summary

This document describes a Home Agent assisted Route Optimization
functionality to IPv4 Network Mobility Protocol. The function is
designed to facilitate optimal routing in cases where all nodes are
connected to a single Home Agent, thus the use case is Route
Optimization within single organization or similar entity. The
functionality adds the possibility to discover eligible peer nodes
based on information received from Home Agent, Network Prefixes they
represent, and how to establish a direct tunnel between such nodes.

Working Group Summary

The draft has strong consensus within the working group.

Document Quality

Document quality is good.

Personnel

The Document Shepherd is Pete McCann, and the responsible
Area Director is Jari Arkko.