Subject: [Mip4] COMSNETS 2013: Call for participation

From: Koushik Kar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 10:38:36 -0500

**********************************************************************
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

The Fifth International Conference on COMmunication Systems and NETworkS
(COMSNETS)
The Chancery Pavilion Hotel, Bangalore
January 7-10, 2013

http://www.comsnets.org/

**********************************************************************
The Fifth International Conference on COMmunication Systems and NETworkS
(COMSNETS) will be held in Bangalore, India, from 7th January 2013 to 10th
January 2013. COMSNETS is a premier international conference dedicated to
addressing advances in Networking and Communications Systems, and
Telecommunications services. The goal of the conference is to create a
world-class gathering of researchers from academia and industry,
practitioners, business leaders, intellectual property experts, and venture
capitalists, providing a forum for discussing cutting edge research, and
directions for new innovative business and technology.

Technical Co-Sponsorship:
IEEE, IEEE COMSOC, ACM SIGMOBILE and ACM SIGCOMM

**********************************************************************
Conference Highlights:
- Technical Paper Presentations
- Technical Poster Presentations
- Demo and Exhibits
- Panel Discussions
- Ph.D. Forum

Co-located Conferences & Workshops:
- Third Annual Symposium on Computing for Development (DEV 2013)
- Energy in Communication, Information, and Cyber-physical Systems (E6)
Workshop
- Networked Healthcare Technology (NetHealth) Workshop
- Mobile India Workshop

**********************************************************************
Early Bird Registration Deadline: December 26, 2012

Student Travel Grant Application Deadline: December 15, 2012

**********************************************************************
Keynote Speakers:
- Hari Balakrishnan (Professor at MIT)
- Bhaskar Ramamurthi (Director, IIT Madras)
- Jim Kurose (Professor at University of Massachusetts, Amherst)

Invited Speakers:
- A. Chockalingam (Indian Institute of Science, India), "SC-FDMA for
Multiuser Communication on the Downlink"
- Fernando Kuipers (Delft University of Technology, Netherlands),
"Understanding and Recommending Play Relationships in Online Social Gaming"

- Thomas Plagemann (University of Oslo, Norway), "An Ns-3 Extension to
Model Execution Behaviour of Communication Software"
- Narasimha Reddy (Texas A&M University, USA), "CATS: Characterizing
Automation of Twitter Spammers"
- Catherine Rosenberg (University of Waterloo, Canada), "Delay Throughput
Tradeoffs in Wireless Mesh Networks"
- Kave Salamatian (University of Savoy, France), "Internet Science: A
Manifesto"
- Aruna Seneviratne (NICTA, Australia), "Reconciling Bitter Rivals: Towards
Privacy-Aware and Bandwidth Efficient Mobile Ads Delivery Networks"
- Ramesh Sitaraman (University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA), "Network
Performance: Does It Really Matter to Users and by How Much?"
- Arun Venkataramani (University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA), "Design
Requirements of a Global Name Service for a Mobility-Centric, Trustworthy
Internetwork"

**********************************************************************
List of Accepted Papers:

- SmartConnect: A System for Design and Deployment of Wireless Sensor
Networks
Abhijit Bhattacharya, Sanjay Motilal Ladwa, Rachit Srivastava, Aniruddha
Mallya, Akhila Rao, Deeksha G. Rao Sahib, S. V. R. Anand, and Anurag Kumar
(IISc, India)

- A General Scheduling Strategy based on an Estimate of the Rate Region
S. Naveen and Venkatesh Ramaiyan (IIT Madras, India)

- CellSlice: Cellular Wireless Resource Slicing for Active RAN Sharing
Ravi Kokku (IBM Research India, India) and Rajesh Mahindra, Honghai Zhang,
and Sampath Rangarajan (NEC Labs America, USA)

- Residual White Space Distribution Based Opportunistic Multichannel Access
Protocol for Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks
  Manuj Sharma (IIT Bombay, DRDO, India) and Anirudha Sahoo (IIT Bombay,
India)

- Opportunism vs. Cooperation: Comparing Forwarding Strategies in Multihop
Wireless Networks with Random Fading
Chi-Kin Chau (Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, United Arab
Emirates) and Anand Seetharam, Jim Kurose, and Don Towsley (University of
Massachusetts Amherst, USA)

- On Adaptive Timers for Improved RPL Operation in Low-Power and Lossy
Sensor Networks
Joydeep Tripathi and Jaudelice C. de Oliveira (Drexel University, USA)

- Sleep Scheduling for Partial Coverage in Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor
Networks
Hari Prabhat Gupta, S V Rao, and T Venkatesh (IIT Guwahati, India)

- Detecting Blackhole and Greyhole Attacks in Vehicular Delay Tolerant
Networks
Yinghui Guo, Sebastian Schildt, and Lars Wolf (Technische Universitat
Braunschweig, Germany)

- Adaptive Modulation for Finite Horizon Multicasting of Erasure-coded Data
Sim GekHong (Institute IMDEA Networks & University Carlos III, Spain) and
Joerg Widmer and Balaji Rengarajan (Institute IMDEA Networks, Spain)

- Detecting MS Initiated Signaling DDoS Attacks in 3G/4G Wireless Networks
Aman Gupta, Tanmay Verma, Soshant Bali, and Sanjit Kaul (IIIT Delhi, India)

- Scalability Analysis of Grid-Based Multi-Hop Wireless Networks
Rahul Urgaonkar, Victoria Manfredi, and Ram Ramanathan (Raytheon BBN
Technologies, USA)

- Minimum Weight Multicast Scheduling in Multi-channel Wireless Mesh
Networks for Real-time Voice Applications
Jeet Patani, Vijay Gabale, and Bhaskaran Raman (IIT Bombay, India)

- On Interference Management based on Subframe Blanking in Heterogeneous
LTE Networks
Naga Sekhar Suruvu, Sunil Kaimalettu, Sivakishore Reddy Yerrapareddy,
Klutto Milleth, and Nadeem Akhtar (Centre of Excellence in Wireless
Technology (CEWiT), India)

- Token-DCF: An Opportunistic MAC protocol for Wireless Networks
Ghazale Hosseinabadi and Nitin Vaidya (University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, USA)

- Importance-aware Bloom Filter for Managing Set Membership Queries on
Streaming Data
Ravi Bhoraskar, Vijay Gabale, and Purushottam Kulkarni (IIT Bombay, India)
and Dhananjay Kulkarni (APIIT, Sri Lanka)

- Understanding HTTP Traffic Performance in TDMA Mesh Networks
Vishal Sevani and Bhaskaran Raman (IIT Bombay, India)

- IP Traceback in Star Colored Networks
Sangita Roy, Anurag Singh, and Ashok Singh Sairam (IIT Patna, India)

- LHSC: An Effective Dynamic Key Management Scheme for Linear Hierarchical
Access Control
Vanga Odelu (Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Hyderabad,
India), Ashok Kumar Das (International Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderabad, India), and Adrijit Goswami (Indian Institute of Technology,
Kharagpur, India)

- A Comparative Study of Scheduling Schemes for Cognitive Radio Networks: A
Quality of Service Perspective
V. Mehar Swarup, Vinay Joseph Ribeiro, and Amol Gupta (IIT Delhi, India)

- On Mitigating Wind Energy Variability with Storage
Vijay Arya, Partha Dutta, and Shivkumar Kalyanaraman (IBM Research India,
India)

- Privacy-Preserving Domain-Flux Botnet Detection in a Large Scale Network
Hachem Guerid and Karel Mittig (Orange Labs, France) and Ahmed Serhrouchni
(TELECOM ParisTech, France)

- Co-operative scheduling for balancing throughput gains and fairness in
cell-edge enhancement schemes for wireless networks
Sendil Ram Kumar (IIT Madras, India) and Satish Kanugovi and Subramanian
Vasudevan (Alcatel-Lucent, India)

- Bulk content delivery using co-operating end-nodes with upload/download
limits
A Majumder, Sharad Jaiswal, Nisheeth Shrivastava, and KVM Naidu (Bell Labs,
India)

- RODMAC : A RObust and Distributed MAC Protocol for Efficient Use of White
Spaces
Eshan Nanda, Udit Joshi, Vinay Ribeiro, and Huzur Saran (IIT Delhi, India)

- Multi-Queued Network Processors for Packets with Heterogeneous Processing
Requirements
Kirill Kogan and Alejandro Lopez-Ortiz (University of Waterloo, Canada),
Sergey I. Nikolenko (Steklov Mathematical Institute, St. Petersburg
Academic University, Russia), and Alexander V. Sirotkin (St. Petersburg
Institute for Informatics of the RAS, St. Petersburg Academic University,
Russia)

- Group Communication for Event Dissemination in Dynamic Distributed
Networks
Kaliappa Ravindran and Mohammad Rabby (City University of New York, USA),
and Joseph Macker and Brian Adamson (US Naval Research Laboratory, USA)

- TCP improvements for Data Center Networks
Tanmoy Das and Krishna M. Sivalingam (Indian Institute of Technology
Madras, India)

- A Resource Efficient Common Protection Path Approach for MPLS-based
Recovery
Seema Anand Ladhe and Vijay T. Raisinghani (School of Engineering, NMIMS
University, Mumbai, India)

- A Publish-Subscribe Based Framework for Event Notification in Vehicular
Environments
Joy Chandra Mukherjee and Arobinda Gupta (IIT Kharagpur, India)

- Facilitating Multicast in VoD systems by Content Pre-placement and
Multistage Batching
Chamil Jayasundara (National ICT Australia, The University of Melbourne,
Australia) and Vijay Gopalakrishnan (AT&T Labs - Research, USA)

- Joint Power and Channel Allocation for Outage Probability Minimization in
Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks
Tamaghna Acharya and Swagata Mondal (Dept. of Electronics
&Telecommunication Engg., BESU Shibpur, Howrah, India) and Santi Prasad
Maity (Dept. of Information Technology, BESU Shibpur, Howrah, India)

- A Transmission Scheme for Robust Delivery of Urgent/Critical Data in
Internet of Things
Hrishikesh Sharma and Balamuralidhar P. (Innovation Labs, Tata Consultancy
Services Ltd., Bangalore, India)

- CRP: Cluster Head Re-election Protocol for heterogeneous wireless sensor
networks
Ravi Tandon and Sukumar Nandi (Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,
India)

- Multiple-Sink Placement Strategies in Wireless Sensor Networks
Debasree Das (Jadavpur University, India), Zeenat Rehena (Aliah University,
India), and Sarbani Roy and Nandini Mukherjee (Jadavpur University, India)

-- Analyzing the Performance of Epidemic Broadcasting in DTNs using
Directional Antenna
Rajib Ranjan Maiti, Niloy Ganguly, and Arobinda Gupta (IIT Kharagpur, India)

- An Ad-hoc Distributed Execution Environment for Multi-Agent Systems
Subhajit Sidhanta and Supratik Mukhopadhyay (Louisiana State University,
USA)

- Living on the Edge: Monitoring Network Flows at the Edge in Cloud Data
Centers
Vijay Mann and Anilkumar Vishnoi (IBM Research, India) and Sarvesh Bidkar
(Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India)

- Peer to Peer Communications Among Mobile Ground Units in Ad-hoc
Environment
Nirmala Shenoy (Rochester Institute of Technology, USA)

**********************************************************************