Subject: [Mip4] Mobility-related work in the IEEE

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 07:44:49 -0500

All,
      As per the note below, the IEEE has approved the OmniRAN study 
group.  There is potential for significant interactions between OmniRAN 
and the IETF on mobility-related work.

Regards,
Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [new-work] Status of Study Groups per November 2012 IEEE 802 
Plenary
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:48:13 -0600
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

Dear Colleagues,
The following Study Groups were approved at the November 2012 IEEE 802 
Plenary -

  1.  IEEE 802, "OmniRAN" EC Study Group
  2.  IEEE 802.1 "802.11 Bridging" Study Group
  3.  IEEE 802.3 "Reduced Twisted Pair Gigabit Ethernet" Study Group
  4.  IEEE 802.3 "Next Generation BASE-T" Study Group
  5.  IEEE 802.3 "Distinguished Minimum Latency Traffic in a Converged 
Traffic Environment" Study Group
  6.  IEEE 802.11 "Pre-association Discovery (PAD)" Study Group
  7.  IEEE 802.11  "General Link (GLK)" Study Group
  8.  IEEE 802.15  "Ultra Low Power" Study Group
  9.  IEEE 802.15  "Layer 2 Routing" Study Group
Please note, per the IEEE 802 LMSC Policies and Procedures that a Study 
Group is chartered plenary session-to-plenary session.  Therefore, the 
Study Groups, listed above and found at 
http://www.ieee802.org/StudyGroups.shtml, are chartered until the IEEE 
802 March 2013 Plenary Session.

Please note that IEEE meetings are open and may be attended by any 
individuals who register and fulfill any registration fees.  Details 
regarding future IEEE 802 plenary meeting schedules may be found at 
http://www.ieee802.org/PARs.shtml.  Please refer to individual working 
groups for their interim meeting schedules.  A listing of all working 
groups may be found at http://www.ieee802.org/.

Best Regards,
John D'Ambrosia
IEEE 802 LMSC Recording Secretary

Note -   This email solely represents the views of the IEEE 802 LMSC and 
does not necessarily represent a position of the IEEE or the IEEE 
Standards Association.