Subject: [Mip4] [AOC 2014] Deadline Extended - IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (AOC 2014)

From: Davide Mascitti<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:23:01 +0100

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                            CALL FOR PAPERS
                     Eighth IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on
         Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (AOC 2014)
                   June 16, 2014 - Sydney, Australia
                 http://aoc2014.conference.nicta.com.au

             Fast Track on Computer Communication Journal
                 http://www.elsevier.com/locate/comcom

       **** Extended Submission Deadline --- March 14, 2014 ****
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

The recent proliferation of sensor-rich portable devices is enabling
novel communication paradigms for users and contributing to the
implementation of the ubiquitous computing and networking vision.
Opportunistic networking represents a key communication paradigm for
this vision. Either as a standalone communication mode or as a
complement to infrastructure-based communication, opportunistic
networking leverages the mobility of end users to enhance their ability
to communicate in the absence of reliable end-to-end connectivity.
Opportunistic networking opens up many possibilities but also poses
countless new challenges.  The goal of the AOC 2014 workshop is to serve
as a forum for researchers, professionals, application developers, and
other experts from both academia and industry to exchange new ideas,
discuss new solutions, and share their experiences. As with previous
editions, this year's workshop is particularly interested in novel
research directions, such as service composition techniques,
co-existence with infrastructure networks, and insights from game
theory, social networking analysis, and cognitive psychology. The
workshop will solicit original papers addressing theoretical and
practical aspects of autonomic and opportunistic communications as well
as papers describing prototype implementations and deployments.

Topics of interest for AOC 2014 include, but are not limited to:
* Routing, transport, and reliability issues
* Techniques for data dissemination and replication
* Applications and middleware support, mobile social networking
   applications
* Mobility models and statistical analysis of mobility traces
* Context and social awareness mechanisms and algorithms
* Co-existence of opportunistic networks with infrastructure mobile
   wireless networks
* Service composition in autonomic and opportunistic networks
* Cognition-driven information processing and decision making
* Performance modelling, scaling laws, and fundamental limits for
   autonomic and opportunistic communications
* Game-theoretical insights to the operation of autonomic and
   opportunistic networks
* Participatory and urban sensing in autonomic and opportunistic
   networks
* Trust, security, and reputation
* Autonomic and opportunistic communication testbeds and prototypes,
   measurement data from real experiments
* Socio-economic models for autonomic and opportunistic communications
* Mobile Social networks

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
================================

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor being currently
under review by another conference or journal. Manuscripts are limited
to 6 pages, single spacing, double column, and must strictly adhere to
the template format.

Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings published by
IEEE.  There will be no separate workshop registration, as one single
registration will cover both conference and workshops participation. At
least one author of each accepted paper is required and present his/her
work at the workshop.

Submissions and reviews will be done through EDAS. Please submit your
manuscript at http://edas.info/N16861. Extended versions of the
selected workshop papers will be considered for possible fast track
publication on the Computer Communications Journal (Elsevier).

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

* Register by:		March 7, 2014
* Full papers due:	March 14, 2014 (Extended)
* Notification:		April 15, 2014
* Workshop:		June 16, 2014

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
====================

Workshop Chairs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Mohan Kumar,		Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
* Peizhao Hu,		NICTA, Australia

Steering Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
* Marco Conti,		IIT-CNR, Italy
* Silvia Giordano,	SUPSI, Switzerland
* Ioannis Stavrakakis,	University of Athens, Greece

Publicity Chairs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Olivier Mehani,	NICTA, Australia
* Davide Mascitti,	IIT-CNR, Italy

Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~
* Christoph Dwertmann,	NICTA, Australia

Program Committee (tentative)
=============================

* Nils Aschenbruck,	University of Osnabruck, Germany
* Chiara Boldrini,	IIT-CNR, Italy
* Eleonora Borgia,	IIT-CNR, Italy
* Jian-Nong Cao,	Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK
* Vania Conan,		Thales, France 
* Serge Fdida,		UPMC, Paris VI, France
* Laura Galluccio,	University of Catania, Italy 
* Tristan Henderson,	University of St. Andrews, UK
* Kyunghan Lee,		North Carolina State University, USA
* Franck Legendre,	ETH Zurich, Switzerland 
* Daniele Miorandi,	Create-net, Italy
* Valtteri Niemi,	Nokia, Switzerland
* Katia Obraczka,	University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
* Konstantinos Oikonomou, Ionian University, Greece
* Joerg Ott,		HUT, Finland 
* Elena Pagani,	U	niversita' degli Studi di Milano, Italy
* Andrea Passarella,	IIT-CNR, Italy
* Daniele Puccinelli,	SUPSI, Switzerland
* Christian Rohner,	Uppsala University, Sweden
* Abdullatif Shikfa,	Alcatel Lucent Bell Labs, France 
* Weisheng Si,		University of Western Sydney, Australia
* Thrasyvoulos Spyropoulos, EURECOM, France
* Roger Whitaker,	Cardiff University, UK 
* Hongyi Wu,		University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
* Eiko Yoneki,		University of Cambridge, UK 
* Franco Zambonelli,	University of Modena-Reggio, Italy 
* Sebastian Zander,	Swinburne University of Technology, Australia