Subject: [Mip4] CFP - IEEE WoWMoM 2015 - Sixteenth International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

From: Flavio Esposito <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 14:13:04 -0500

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-       Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP       -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

                             IEEE WoWMoM 2015
                 Sixteenth International Symposium on a
            World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                       http://www.ieee-wowmom.org/

 http://csr.bu.edu/wowmom15 sponsored by IEEE Computer Society, IEEE
Computer Society TC on Computer Communications (TCCC) June 14-17, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 21, 2014 FULL MANUSCRIPT DUE:
NOVEMBER 28, 2014
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IEEE WoWMoM 2015 is soliciting original and previously unpublished
papers addressing research challenges and advances towards a world of
wireless, mobile, and multimedia pervasive communications.

The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in
future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities
for distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling
dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as
sharing user-generated contents among them. Users will be able to
retrieve, publish, and manage information, communicate with other users
or devices, access and author services, create and exploit context-
awareness and so on. Papers that present original work, validated by
experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical
experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academy,
duly documenting the lessons learned from testbeds, field-trials, or
real deployments, are also welcome.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wireless multimedia systems, services and applications
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
- Ad-hoc, sensor, mesh and vehicular wireless networks
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and the Internet of Things
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Content-centric architectures, multimedia content management and
   distribution for mobile networks
- Localization mechanisms and services
- Participatory and urban sensing
- Mobile social networking
- Resource management and QoS/QoE provisioning
- Multicasting and broadcasting issues
- Handoff and mobility management
- Network management and control
- Dependability, reliability and survivability issues for wireless,
   mobile and multimedia networks
- Security and privacy issues for wireless, mobile and multimedia
   networks
- Energy-efficient protocols and power management
- Seamless internetworking and self-organization
- System prototypes, measurements, real deployment, and experiences
- Modeling, analysis, and performance evaluation

AWARDS AND EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UP
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Papers presented at the Symposium will be considered for a Best Paper
Award.  Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track
publication in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
All submissions must describe original research, not published or
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS. You can find
detailed submission instructions at:

http://csr.bu.edu/wowmom15

************************************************************************************
* Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend * *
the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included * *
in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2015 and published in the * * IEEE
Digital Library. WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude * * a paper
from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from * * IEEE Xplore)
if the paper is not presented at the conference. *
*************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -
Abstract submission deadline: November 21, 2014. - Full manuscript due:
November 28, 2014. - Acceptance notification: March 13, 2015.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTACTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please visit the conference website at
http://csr.bu.edu/wowmom15, or contact the PC Chairs. WORKSHOPS AND
AFFILIATED EVENTS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference.
Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE Digital Library
(Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM. WoWMoM 2015 will also
feature an Industry Track, PhD Forum and a Demonstrations Session. Please
visit the conference website for details.