Subject: [Mip4] [CFP] [1st International Workshop on Vehicular Networking and Intelligent Transportation systems (VENITS'15)]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 17:16:59 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                        CALL FOR PAPERS

            1st International Workshop on Vehicular Networking and Intelligent
          Transportation systems (VENITS'15), co-located with 13th  
IEEE Consumer
                 Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC 2015)

                     January 9 - 12, 2015 -- Las Vegas, Nevada USA

                          http://www.grc.upv.es/VENITS/2015/

               Conference proceedings will be submitted to IEEE Xplore

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Dates:
================

Submission deadline: September 10, 2014
Notification of acceptance: October 5, 2014
Camera-ready version: November 1, 2014

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scope:
======

Over the years, we have witnessed the merging of wireless  
communications and transportation technologies. This excellent  
combination of two important fields has propelled our capabilities  
even further, allowing us to communicate anytime and anywhere, thereby  
improving the traffic safety, reducing the travel costs, and  
increasing our life quality tremendously.
Once the new Intelligent Transportation Systems are deployed, our  
roads and highways will be able to provide enhanced services to users  
through the combination of V2X and cellular communications, thus  
completely revolutionizing when and how we communicate, commute, and  
navigate, in the coming future.
Under such conditions, several issues remain open in the field on  
vehicular networking, including message dissemination in congested  
environments, Quality of Service (QoS), efficient and adaptive  
routing, MAC layer enhancements, mobility prediction, efficient  
handovers, and also in Intelligent Transportation Systems, such as  
efficient road traffic managing, optimal emergency services operation,  
etc.
This workshop is soliciting original technical papers addressing the  
main research challenges in the vehicular networking and the  
intelligent transportation systems area.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following scope:

- Wireless vehicular networking
- Congestion and admission control in dense vehicular networks
- Content distribution in wireless vehicular environments
- Smartphone/vehicle integration
- Service oriented architectures, service portability, P2P
- Cooperative sensing of road conditions
- Network and system architectures for mobile vehicular computing
- DSRC/WAVE communications. DSRC alternatives and supporting technologies
- Network protocols and algorithms, including clustering, routing, etc.
- Cross-layer protocol design
- Statistical analysis, prediction and management of vehicular mobility
- Multimedia communications in vehicular scenarios
- Models, simulators and tools for vehicular environments
- Communications for safety of vulnerable road users
- Communications for automated driving

Papers Submission:
==================

Submitted papers must represent original material that is not  
currently under review in any other conference or journal, and has not  
been previously published. Paper length should not exceed six-page  
(10-point font) technical paper manuscript.

Papers should be submitted in .pdf format by selecting CCNC 2015 on  
the EDAS paper submission website and then selecting the VENITS  
workshop submission link. Papers should follow the IEEE formatting  
rules.

See IEEE CCNC 2015 conference website for more details:  
http://ccnc2015.ieee-ccnc.org/authors

Organization:
=============

General co-Chairs:
==================
Carlos Tavares Calafate (Technical University of Valencia, Spain)
Francisco J. Martinez (University of Zaragoza, Spain)

Steering Committee:
===================
Yusheng Ji (National Institute of Informatics, Japan)
Bertrand Ducourthial (University of Technology of Compiegne, France)
Fawzi Nashashibi (INRIA, France)

Program co-Chairs:
==================
Oyunchimeg Shagdar (INRIA, France)
Piedad Garrido (University of Zaragoza, Spain)

Publicity Chairs:
=================
Peppino Fazio (University of Calabria, Italy)
Manuel Fogue (University of Zaragoza, Spain)

Program Committee:
==================
Carlos Tavares Calafate (Technical University of Valencia, Spain)
Juan Carlos Cano (Technical University of Valencia, Spain)
Baldomero Coll (Miguel Hernandez University, Spain)
Floriano DeRango (University of Calabria, Italy)
Peppino Fazio (University of Calabria, Italy)
Manuel Fogue (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
Piedad Garrido (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
Dongkyun Kim (Kyungpook National University, South Korea)
Pietro Manzoni (Technical University of Valencia, Spain)
Johann Marquez-Barja (CTVR - Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
Francisco J. Martinez (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
Manuel Ricardo (University of Oporto, Portugal)
Stefan Ruehrup (FTW - Telecommunications Research Center Vienna, Austria)
Jose Santa (University of Murcia, Spain)
Oyunchimeg Shagdar (INRIA, France)
Christoph Sommer (University of Paderborn, Germany)
Fausto Vieira (European Space Agency, UK)

For more information see http://www.grc.upv.es/VENITS/2015/