Subject: [Mip4] [CFP] VENITS 2015 - co-located with 13th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC 2015)

From: Carlos Tavares Calafate <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 08:28:37 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                        CALL FOR PAPERS

            1st International Workshop on Vehicular Networking and 
Intelligent
          Transportation systems (VENITS'15), co-located with 13th IEEE 
Consumer
                 Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC 2015)

                     January 9 - 12, 2015 -- Las Vegas, Nevada USA

                          http://www.grc.upv.es/VENITS/2015/

               Conference proceedings will be submitted to IEEE Xplore

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Dates:
================

Submission deadline: September 10, 2014
Notification of acceptance: October 5, 2014
Camera-ready version: November 1, 2014

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scope:
======

Over the years, we have witnessed the merging of wireless communications 
and transportation technologies. This excellent combination of two 
important fields has propelled our capabilities even further, allowing 
us to communicate anytime and anywhere, thereby improving the traffic 
safety, reducing the travel costs, and increasing our life quality 
tremendously.
Once the new Intelligent Transportation Systems are deployed, our roads 
and highways will be able to provide enhanced services to users through 
the combination of V2X and cellular communications, thus completely 
revolutionizing when and how we communicate, commute, and navigate, in 
the coming future.
Under such conditions, several issues remain open in the field on 
vehicular networking, including message dissemination in congested 
environments, Quality of Service (QoS), efficient and adaptive routing, 
MAC layer enhancements, mobility prediction, efficient handovers, and 
also in Intelligent Transportation Systems, such as efficient road 
traffic managing, optimal emergency services operation, etc.
This workshop is soliciting original technical papers addressing the 
main research challenges in the vehicular networking and the intelligent 
transportation systems area.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following scope:

- Wireless vehicular networking
- Congestion and admission control in dense vehicular networks
- Content distribution in wireless vehicular environments
- Smartphone/vehicle integration
- Service oriented architectures, service portability, P2P
- Cooperative sensing of road conditions
- Network and system architectures for mobile vehicular computing
- DSRC/WAVE communications. DSRC alternatives and supporting technologies
- Network protocols and algorithms, including clustering, routing, etc.
- Cross-layer protocol design
- Statistical analysis, prediction and management of vehicular mobility
- Multimedia communications in vehicular scenarios
- Models, simulators and tools for vehicular environments
- Communications for safety of vulnerable road users
- Communications for automated driving

Papers Submission:
==================

Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently 
under review in any other conference or journal, and has not been 
previously published. Paper length should not exceed six-page (10-point 
font) technical paper manuscript.

Papers should be submitted in .pdf format by selecting CCNC 2015 on the 
EDAS paper submission website and then selecting the VENITS workshop 
submission link. Papers should follow the IEEE formatting rules.

See IEEE CCNC 2015 conference website for more details: 
http://ccnc2015.ieee-ccnc.org/authors

Organization:
=============

General co-Chairs:
==================
Carlos Tavares Calafate (Technical University of Valencia, Spain)
Francisco J. Martinez (University of Zaragoza, Spain)

Steering Committee:
===================
Yusheng Ji (National Institute of Informatics, Japan)
Bertrand Ducourthial (University of Technology of Compiegne, France)
Fawzi Nashashibi (INRIA, France)

Program co-Chairs:
==================
Oyunchimeg Shagdar (INRIA, France)
Piedad Garrido (University of Zaragoza, Spain)

Publicity Chairs:
=================
Peppino Fazio (University of Calabria, Italy)
Manuel Fogue (University of Zaragoza, Spain)

Program Committee:
==================
Carlos Tavares Calafate (Technical University of Valencia, Spain)
Juan Carlos Cano (Technical University of Valencia, Spain)
Baldomero Coll (Miguel Hernandez University, Spain)
Floriano DeRango (University of Calabria, Italy)
Peppino Fazio (University of Calabria, Italy)
Manuel Fogue (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
Piedad Garrido (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
Dongkyun Kim (Kyungpook National University, South Korea)
Pietro Manzoni (Technical University of Valencia, Spain)
Johann Marquez-Barja (CTVR - Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
Francisco J. Martinez (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
Manuel Ricardo (University of Oporto, Portugal)
Stefan Ruehrup (FTW - Telecommunications Research Center Vienna, Austria)
Jose Santa (University of Murcia, Spain)
Oyunchimeg Shagdar (INRIA, France)
Christoph Sommer (University of Paderborn, Germany)
Fausto Vieira (European Space Agency, UK)

For more information see http://www.grc.upv.es/VENITS/2015/