Subject: [Mip4] SMARTOBJECTS 2015 (MobiCom 2015 Workshop) & ACM/Springer MONE SI

From: Carlos Tavares Calafate <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:06:33 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                             CALL FOR PAPERS

                         SMARTOBJECTS 2015
                  September 7, 2015, Paris, France
               http://www.grc.upv.es/smartobjects2015/

                     (MobiCom 2015 Workshop)

An extended version of the accepted papers will be proposed for possible 
publication in the forthcoming special issue (SM 160: Special issue on 
experiences with the design and implementation of mobile smart objects) 
of the ACM/Springer Mobile Networks & Applications (MONE) Journal

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Dates:
================

Paper submissions due:       May 10, 2015
Notification of acceptance:  June 5, 2015
Camera-ready due:            June 26, 2015

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scope:
======

Internet of Things, Smart-cities and Fog computing are representative 
examples of modern ICT paradigms that aim to describe a dynamic and 
global cooperative infrastructure built upon objects intelligence and 
self-configuring capabilities; these connected objects are finding their 
way into vehicles (smart-cars), urban areas (smart-cities) and 
infrastructure (smart-grid).
Objects need to be smart, with enough intelligence and sensors to 
perform required operations. They must be able to wirelessly communicate 
with other nodes or remote centre in their network, exchanging 
information and receiving instructions in a reliable and secure way. 
They must be autonomous, capable of managing the energy resources in 
order to extend their lifetime span. Considered objects may include 
everything from lightweight sensors to smart-gadgets like smartphones 
and wearable devices.
The increased smartness of the participating objects is crucial to solve 
the issues derived from the required cooperation and possibly 
unpredictable and intense mobility. The objects can move in many 
different ways, covering transportation means from (i) terrestrial, like 
cars or trains, to (ii) aerial like drones or planes, and (iii) 
underwater ships. But even static objects should be flexible enough to 
efficiently handle on-off patterns imposed for energy savings.
The SMARTOBJECTS workshop focuses on experiences with the design, 
implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of novel 
communication approaches and systems for smart objects in the emerging 
cooperative environments. We are therefore seeking original, previously 
unpublished papers empirically addressing key issues and challenges in 
the smart objects arena.

Topics:
=======

•    App concepts and technologies for different mobile platforms
•    Communication between mobile devices and cars
•    Communication for drone coordination
•    Content Distribution
•    Data collection, organization and dissemination methods
•    Data replication protocols in network partitions
•    Delay-tolerant aerial networks and ferrying approaches
•    Deployment and field testing
•    Experimental results of aerial communication testbeds
•    Game, entertainment, and multimedia applications
•    Human-object interaction
•    Innovative services and applications for mobile devices in vehicles
•    Location- and track-based services in cars
•    Mobile service architectures and frameworks
•    Mobility and handover management
•    New application scenarios for vehicular communications
•    Pervasive and ubiquitous services in cloud and IoT
•    Platforms and frameworks for mobile devices
•    Privacy issues and solutions
•    Protocol design, testing and verification
•    Security issues, architectures and solutions
•    Sensor-networks in vehicles
•    Sensors & Data Collection
•    Smart cities and urban applications
•    Solutions for sparse and dense fleets of drones/UAVs
•    Swarm movement, coordination, and behaviour
•    Wireless in-vehicle networks

Papers Submission Instructions:
===============================

SMARTOBJECTS invites submission of original work not previously 
published or under review at another conference or journal. The workshop 
will accept full paper, poster, and demo submissions. All submissions 
must be provided in PDF format, and follow the formatting guidelines of 
MobiCom 2015. Full papers must be no longer than 6 pages, poster and 
demonstration papers are limited to 2 pages; they will all appear in the 
proceedings. The review process is single-blinded

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=smartobjects20150

Organizing Commitee:
====================

General Co-Chairs
•    Pietro Manzoni, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
•    Claudio E. Palazzi, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy

Steering Committee
•    Luiz DaSilva, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
•    Mario Gerla, UCLA, USA
•    Ying-Dar Lin, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
•    Pietro Manzoni, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
•    Claudio E. Palazzi, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy

TPC Chair
•    Armir Bujari, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy

Web & Publicity Chair
•    Carlos T. Calafate, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain

More Information:
=================
http://www.grc.upv.es/smartobjects2015/