Subject: [Mip6] mipv6 Home Agent functionality and NUD

From: "Karen E. Nielsen (AH/TED)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:09:48 +0100

Hi,

Do anyone know whether it is envisaged that the Mipv6 HA should perform NUD on
the IPv6 addresses of the mobile nodes which it is serving or 
is it envisaged that a valid binding cache will suffice as reachability confirmation ?

(.. or is this left to the implementers)

Wrt. the tunnel links, then I don't think that RFC 2473 says anything about ND. 

BR, Karen

-----------------------------------------------------------
Karen Egede Nielsen, System Manager, Ericsson Telebit A/S
Phone:  + 45 89385100, Fax:  + 45 89385101
Phone Direct: + 45 89385313, Mobile:+ 45 25134336
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:20:49 -0500

I guess it could be implementation-dependent, depending on how the 
addresses are being proxied for, but I wouldn't think you would ever 
need to do NUD since it is essentially a locally configured IPv6 address 
on the HA.  Or are you talking about the Care-of address?  Either way, 
the HA can't remove the binding, even if it can't reach the COA, since 
that's what the draft says (section 10.3.1).

-Brian