Subject: [Mip6] VHAR Protocol Draft Announcement

From: "Jahanzeb Faizan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:17:51 -0600

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

 Title		: Virtual Home Agent Reliability Protocol (VHAR)
	Author(s)	                : J. Faizan
	Filename	                : draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-12-18
	
Current specification of Mobile-IPv6 [1] does not provide Home Agent 
   Reliability and Load Balancing in the Home Network [12]. The aim of
   this draft is to introduce Virtual Home Agent Reliability Protocol as 
   the solution. In this protocol multiple Home Agents and Recovery Home 
   Agents coexist on the same subnet and share the same IP Address. Only 
   one of them is active at a time and serves the Mobile Node. The Home 
   Agent failure and failover mechanisms are completely transparent to 
   the Mobile Node which is required for minimal service interruption 
   time. This protocol does not introduce any new Mobile-IPv6 message 
   over the air interface and thus helps reducing the overall overhead.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-00.txt