Subject: [Mip6] Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing: Early call for paper nominations

From: Panagiota Fatourou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:43:47 +0200 (EET)

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies.

==============================================================================

Early call for paper nominations for the

ACM SIGACT/SIGOPS Annual

Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing is named for 
Edsger W.  Dijsktra, a pioneer in the area of distributed computing. 
The prize is presented at the PODC conference (http://www.podc.org/podc2004/). 
However, papers appearing in any conference proceedings or journals 
are eligible, as long as they have had a significant impact on research 
areas of interest within the PODC community, and as long as the year of 
publication is at least ten years prior to the year in which the award 
is given. 

The winning authors will share a cash award of $1,000, and each 
will be presented with a plaque at PODC'2004. An announcement of 
the award recipient will be included in the PODC 2003 proceedings. 
The announcement will include a paragraph describing the paper's 
lasting contributions. 

Additional details about the award and the nomination instructions
can be found in http://www.acm.org/podc/dijkstra/

Please send your nominations to Shay Kutten, program chair of PODC'04
[email-masked] The deadline is May 1st.

Thanks,

Shay Kutten
PODC 2004 PC Chair

P.S. The deadline for submitting papers at PODC'04 is approaching. 
We expect a strong program for our expanded area of interest, and 
a beautiful location for the conference. 
Please consider also submitting a paper to PODC'04!

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6