Subject: [Mip6] multihoming pb statement

From: Nicolas Montavont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:34:33 +0100

Hi all,

This email gives the status of the work we've done on multihoming 
analysis since the last IETF.

After the discussion we had at the last IETF about the draft
draft-mip6-montavont-multihoming-pb-statement-00

we investigated the multihoming problem statement more deeply: as it was 
suggested, we tried to write scenario and definitions not linked to any 
existing protocol/potential solution (such as MIPv6). Instead, we worked 
on the node multihoming issues: which situation can lead a node to be 
multihomed, what are the benefits that a node can expect from a specific 
case of multihoming... This draft is designed to be applied to fixed 
hosts, fixed routers, mobile hosts and mobile routers.
We summurized this work in the draft:
draft-multihoming-generic-goals-and-benefits-00.txt
available from the IETF archives. An update of this draft would be 
available in two weeks.

It is expected that from this generic draft, we write other documents 
that analyse the generic scenarios with a specific solution. The 
relevant scenarios will be identified and the feasability of the 
goals/benefits will be investigated.
The document draft-ng-nemo-multihoming-issues-03.txt investigates the 
network mobility specific issues while we are writing another document 
specific to MIPv6 (which is not yet published). These two documents 
follow the guidine given in the generic draft.

As the draft specific to network mobility is already written, we expect 
to present the generic draft in the NEMO WG at the next IETF. As this 
draft is independant from any solution and gives the generic problem 
statement of multihoming of nodes, we invite anybody who has interest in 
multihoming to participate to this presentation.

Nicolas*
*

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6