Subject: [Mip6] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-01.txt]

From: Wassim Haddad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:48:44 +0200 (EET)

Hi all,

We have submitted a new updated version of the Binding Update
Backhauling Proposal. It is available on:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-01.txt

Abstract:
Mobile IPv6 [1] defines two different modes to handle the
mobility problem (i.e., mobile node moving accross different
networks and changing its IP address). The two modes had been
mainly designed for scenarios involving one mobile node and
one static node (correspondent node). This document answers
issues related to scenarios involving two mobile nodes (i.e.,
the correspodent node is also a mobile node). The document
addresses also the double jumping problem where two mobile nodes
move at the same time (i.e., switch to new subnets).
The document proposes a new mode called 'BUB' (Binding Update
Backhauling) allowing a more secure, reliable and optimized
exchange of Binding Updates (BUs) between two mobile endpoints.

Your comments are highly welcomed.

Regards,

Wassim H.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6