Subject: [Mip6] Mobile IPv6 RFC status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:09:38 -0600

Hello,

In case you are wondering what is happening with the MobileIPv6 base
specifications:
1. draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-24.txt
2. draft-ietf-mobileip-mipv6-ha-ipsec-06.txt

I-D tracker indicates that the I-Ds are in RFC editor queue. This has
been the status for a while now. 
The draft (draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-24.txt) is currently with
IANA. They are in the process of allocating the numbers required by
this specification. It has been over 3 months now that we are waiting
for IANA to complete the allocation and send the draft back to the RFC
editor. Jari Arkko has been making a concerted effort to get IANA to
complete their task and get the I-D back to the RFC editor. I think
that draft is finally getting some traction with IANA and should be
out of their hands and back with the RFC Ed. pretty soon (fingers
crossed). 

-Basavaraj

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6