Subject: [Mip6] [MIPv6] - New I-D - Authentication mechanism in MIPv6 - draft-patel-mipv6-auth-protocol-01.txt

From: Alpesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:36:38 -0800

Hi -

A new I-D are available for comments. It describes a hash based 
authentication for MIPv6.

        Abstract 

        This  document  defines  new  mobility  options  to  enable 
        authentication between mobility entities. These options can be 
        used in addition to or in lieu of IPsec to authenticate 
        mobility messages as defined in [1]. 

Location:   
ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/mipdrafts/MIPv6/draft-patel-mipv6-auth-protocol-01.txt

Your comments are welcome.
Alpesh

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:07:35 -0800

again, acknowledge Charlie for the Authentication Data Sub-option
from Mobile IPv6 draft 15

section 5.6 of 
http://people.nokia.net/vijayd/mip6/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-15.txt

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                       |       4       |    Length     |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                 Security Parameters Index (SPI)               |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                                                               |
       =             Authentication Data (variable length)             =
       |                                                               |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Vijay

Alpesh wrote:
>        Abstract                        This  document  defines  new  
> mobility  options  to  enable        authentication between mobility 
> entities. These options can be        used in addition to or in lieu of 
> IPsec to authenticate        mobility messages as defined in [1].
> Location:

---

From: Alpesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:38:53 -0800

Sure. I was not aware of it - started following from a later ID. In next 
version
-a

Vijay Devarapalli wrote:

>> entities. These options can be        used in addition to or in lieu 
>> of IPsec to authenticate        mobility messages as defined in [1].
>> Location: