Subject: [Mip6] I-D ACTION:draft-le-mip6-firewalls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:42:14 -0600

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 and Firewalls
	Author(s)	: F. Le
	Filename	: draft-le-mip6-firewalls-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-2-9
	
Firewalls are an integral part of most IP networks deployed today.
     Firewall technology available today is predominantly for IPv4
     networks. Firewalls for IPv6 networks are slowly becoming
     available. In most cases, current firewall technologies do not
     support Mobile IPv6. Unless firewalls are aware of Mobile IPv6
     protocol details, these security devices will hamper large-scale
     deployment of the protocol. This document presents in detail some
     of the issues that firewalls present for Mobile IPv6 deployment.
     The goal of this Internet draft is to highlight the issues with
     firewalls and Mobile IPv6 and act as an enabler for further
     discussion. Issues identified here can be solved by developing
     appropriate solutions in the MIP6 WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-le-mip6-firewalls-00.txt>

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-le-mip6-firewalls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
<http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html> 
or <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt>

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-le-mip6-firewalls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-le-mip6-firewalls-00.txt> 

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6