Subject: [Mip6] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-01.txt]

From: Wassim Haddad <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 15:55:33 -0500

Hi,

We have submitted a new updated version of the Binding Update 
Backhauling Proposal. It is available on:  

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-01.txt

Abstract:
Mobile IPv6 [1] defines two different modes to handle the 
mobility problem (i.e., mobile node moving accross different 
networks and changing its IP address). The two modes had been 
mainly designed for scenarios involving one mobile node and 
one static node (correspondent node). This document answers 
issues related to scenarios involving two mobile nodes (i.e., 
the correspodent node is also a mobile node). The document 
addresses also the double jumping problem where two mobile nodes 
move at the same time (i.e., switch to new subnets).
The document proposes a new mode called 'BUB' (Binding Update 
Backhauling) allowing a more secure, reliable and optimized 
exchange of Binding Updates (BUs) between two mobile endpoints.

Your comments are highly welcomed.

Regards,

Wassim H.

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6