Subject: [Mip6] MIP6 Agenda - Revised

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:18:43 -0600

Agenda for the MIP6 WG meeting at IETF59:

Monday, March 1st, 2004
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I
INT  mip6       Mobility for IPv6 WG

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Agenda, Bluesheets, Note takers	5 Mins

2. WG Docs Update			5 Mins		Chairs
   draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-24.txt
   draft-ietf-mobileip-mipv6-ha-ipsec-06.txt
   draft-ietf-mip6-mipv6-mib-01.txt
   raft-ietf-mip6-mipext-advapi-00.txt

3. Dual Stack Mobile IPv6		20 Mins		Hesham Soliman
   I-D: draft-soliman-v4v6-mipv4-00.txt
	draft-tsirtsis-dsmip-problem-02.txt

   In the absence of ubiquituous IPv6 access networks, dual-Stack MIP6
   clients can benefit from the capability to operate in IPv4 only
   networks. This will benefit the deployment case for MIP6. This
   discussion will explore the proposed solution and whether the MIP6
   WG should work on this problem.

3. BUB: Binding Update Backhauling	10 Mins		Wasim Haddad
   I-D: draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-01.txt

   Enhancement to Route Optimization when two end-points are
   mobile. Does this address any security issue that is inherent with
   the current scheme?

4. Optimizing Mobile IPv6 (OMIPv6)	 5 Mins		Wasim Haddad
   I-D: draft-haddad-mipv6-omipv6-01.txt

   Optimization of RO via a DH exchange between MN-CN. Is signaling
   overhead of RO messages mandate a more optimal scheme?

5. Mobile IPv6 and Firewalls - Problem statement 10 Mins	Franck Le
   I-D: draft-le-mip6-firewalls-00.txt

   MIP6 deployment will need to deal with firewalls. Problem that
   firewalls will bring to MIP6 deployment in networks are to be
   discussed here. 

6. The Mobile IPv6 Bootstrapping Problem	20 Mins	 James Kempf
   I-D: http://www.arkko.com/publications/mipv6/drafts/bootstrap.txt

   Bootstrapping of MIP6 is a WG charter item. This discussion will
   focus on the problem statement and scope of this work.

7. Authentication Option for Mobile IPv6		10 Mins 
   Mobile IP Network Access Identifier Extension for IPv6
   Alpesh Patel/Kent Leung/Mohamed Khalil

   I-Ds: 
ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/mipdrafts/MIPv6/draft-patel-mipv6-auth-protocol-01.txt
ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/mipdrafts/MIPv6/draft-patel-mipv6-nai-option-01.txt

   An IPsec alternative for securing BUs between the MN and HA. Why is
   this needed and proposed solution discussion.

8. MIPv6 interaction with AAA - Problem/Requirements	10 Mins
   Yoshihiro Ohba/Franck Le
   I-D: draft-ohnishi-mip6-aaa-problem-statement-00.txt
	draft-le-aaa-mipv6-requirements-02.txt

   Discussion on MIP6 and AAA. Is a AAA application for MIP6 needed?
   Is there a need for MIP6 and AAA to be closely coupled? Can AAA be
   used as a means for bootstrapping in managed networks?

9. Home Agent Reliability - Problem statement		5 Mins
   Jahanzeb Faizan/Ryuji Wakikawa
   I-D: draft-jfaizan-mipv6-ha-reliability-01.txt

   Home agent reliability is a WG charter item. Problem statement has
   been discussed at the last IETF as well. The intent of this slot is
   to determine if the WG agrees on the problem statement presented in
   this I-D and if the WG should adopt it and proceed to solutions.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6