Subject: [Mip6] [Fwd: [MIPv6] - New ID - Dynamic allocation of address in MIPv6 - draft-mkhalil-mipv6-alloc-01.txt]

From: Alpesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:11:33 -0800

Hi -

A new ID is available for your reference. It defines a mechanism to 
allocate a home address to the MN during the binding signaling.

Location: 
ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/mipdrafts/MIPv6/draft-mkhalil-mipv6-alloc-01.txt

Abstract

    Static configuration of the MN's (Mobile Node) home address
    is a very cumbersome task and a provisioning nightmare for
    the Service Providers. With millions of subscribers, a
    typical Service Provider stands to incur considerable
    expenses in order to manually configure all of its MN's
    home address.

    The ability to dynamically and securely allocate MN's
    home address, therefore, can immensely aid in providing
    a cost-effective and efficient device management
    alternative to the Service Providers.

    This draft provides a simple method for dynamically
    allocating MN's home address in a secure manner.

Your comments are welcome.
Alpesh

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6