Subject: [Mip6] I-D: draft-ietf-mip6-auth-protocol to progress on Informational track

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:00:19 -0600

Hello,

There was an appeal to the consensus call made by the chairs w.r.t the
status of progressing the Auth I-D [draft-ietf-mip6-auth-protocol-00]
on standards track. The appeal details are at:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mip6/current/msg01937.html

The MIP6 Working group discussed this issue at the WG meeting at
IETF61. There were plenty of arguments about the pros and cons of
standardizing an alternate mechanism for securing the BU/BAck between
the MN and HA. At the end of the discussion, the room was queried on
how to proceed with this I-D.
The options for progress were:
1. Not publish this I-D at all
   No hands raised to support this option.
2. Progress the I-D on standards track
   Several hands supporting this option (about 9)
3. Progress the I-D on Informational track
   Many more hands (about 30)

The conclusion drawn from the discussion is that the consensus in the
WG is to progress the I-D on an Informational track. 

Consequently, the Auth-ID will now proceed in the WG towards
publication as an Informational RFC.

-Basavaraj

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:46:48 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mip6/current/msg01937.html
[...]
> publication as an Informational RFC.

I am happy with this resolution, and I withdraw my appeal.

Thanks!

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Alpesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 05:25:55 -0800

Raj -

So, just to clarify, the Mobile Node Identifier (NAI/IMSI etc) draft is 
still standards
track?

Rgds
-a