Subject: [Mip6] Local HA Assignment issue

From: "Junghoon Jee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:44:27 -0500

I would like to know whether the local HA assignment function should be
included to the MIP6 WG's bootstrapping solution or not.

draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps-01.txt
Section 5.1.2  Dynamic Home Agent Assignment
[Page 10]
Local home agents
      The mobile node's home ASP may want to allow a local roaming
      partner ASP to assign a local home agent for the mobile node.
      This is useful both from the point of view of communications
      efficiency, and has also been mentioned as one approach to support
      location privacy.

=> What is the exact meaning of the 'useful' and 'also been mentioned' ?
     Is the local home agent function optional[MAY] ?

draft-le-aaa-mipv6-requirements-03.txt
Section 5.5.  Home agent allocation
   Such functionality SHOULD also be considered when designing the AAA
   support for MIPv6 solution.
=> It seems that we SHOULD support the local HA assignment function.

I already know that draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps is not a I-D that describe the requirement &
draft-le-aaa-mipv6-requirements was expired.

But i think that we have to decide about this because many different approaches can be come out
depending on our decision.

Junghoon

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6