Subject: [Mip6] Comments on I-D: draft-giaretta-mip6-aaa-ha-goals-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:54:12 -0600

The I-D captures quite well the reasons for an HA-AAA
interface. I believe Alper's I-D draft-yegin-mip6-aaa-fwk-00
is essentially proposing the same. 

This I-D can be used as the primary vehicle for communicating
with the AAA WGs (AAA/Radext) in order to ensure that the
requirements are met by either defining a new AAA application
or defining new attributes as needed.

-Basavaraj

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 12:19:51 -0800

> is essentially proposing the same.

Yes, there is quite a bit of alignment between the two I-Ds.

Scenarios 1, 3, and 4 are common in both documents. I think these
scenarios can be handled by one basic and relatively straight forward
HA-AAA interface. 

I believe scenario 2 is different than the other scenarios. I perceive
this as falling under another framework/architecture, as I mentioned in
section 5 of yegin-mip6-aaa-fwk.txt. 

Alper