Subject: [Mip6] 1st IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on Autonomic Communications and Computing - Call for Papers

From: Alessandro Puiatti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:00:25 +0100

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for Papers

ACC 2005

1st IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on
Autonomic Communications and Computing

June 18, 2005 - Taormina, Italy
in conjunction with IEEE WoWMoM 2005

http://www.autonomic-communication.org/acc/index.html

Sponsored by IEEE WoWMoM

Ubiquitous and self-organized Internet, ad hoc networks, wireless sensor 
networks are expected to be some of the basic building blocks of 
pervasive computing
environments. However, the promise of pervasive computing environments 
will not be realized unless these systems can effectively "disappear". 
In order to do that they need to become autonomous by managing their own 
evolution and configuration changes without explicit user or 
administrator action.

The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum to exchange ideas, 
discuss solutions, and share experiences among researchers, 
professionals, and application developers both from industry and 
academia. Original papers addressing both theoretical and practical 
aspects of autonomic communications and computing are solicited. Papers 
describing prototype implementations and deployment are particularly 
welcome. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

-    Architecture and models for autonomic communication and computing 
systems
-    Tools and techniques for designing, analyzing and building 
autonomic systems and networks
-    Adaptive security for self protection of systems and networks
-    Economic, biological and social models used for autonomic 
communications
-    Novel management techniques for  autonomic communication and 
computing systems
-    Sensing, monitoring and measurements for self-managing systems and 
networks
-    Languages, development and securely programmable environments for 
autonomic communications systems
-    Advanced technologies for enabling autonomic communication and 
computing systems
-    Autonomic communication and computing testbeds and measurements

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Papers should contain original material and not be previously published, 
or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts must be 
limited to 5 pages in IEEE 8.5x11 conference format, and formatted in 
strict accordance with the IEEE Computer Society author guidelines. All 
submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should prepare a PDF 
file and submit it to [email-masked]. Accepted 
papers will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press in the 
combined WoWMoM 2005 workshop proceedings. IMPORTANT DATES:

Papers due   -------------------------- Dec. 20,  2004
Notification of acceptance ------------ Jan.  31,  2005
Camera-ready papers due --------------- Feb. 28,  2005

For more information, please contact the workshop co-organizers: Raouf 
Boutaba, Silvia Giordano and Michael Smirnov, or consult the workshop 
webpage.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6