Subject: [Mip6] [ deadline: March 15 ] Call For Papers: Symposium on Wireless Sensor Networks (IEEE WirelessCom 2005)

From: Marco Zuniga <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:13:11 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

This is the Call For Papers for the Symposium on Wireless Sensor Networks
to be held at Sheraton Maui Resort, Kaanapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii, USA
in conjunction with IEEE WirelessCom 2005, June 13-16, 2005.

http://bit.csc.lsu.edu/WirelessComm05/WSNsymposium/

We apologize if you have received multiple copies of this CFP.

Scope

Wireless Sensor Networks have received tremendous attention over the
past few years. These systems can potentially benefit a variety of
scientific, military and commercial applications. Recent years have seen
tremendous advancement to this vision and have offered the ability to
deploy networks of densely deployed, inexpensive sensor nodes. The vast
potential for this research area has been demonstrated by numerous
scientific and commercial applications that have emerged in recent
years, as well as by the number of industrial and research institutions
working in this area.

Sensor networks combine distributed sensing, computation, storage, and
wireless multi hop communication. Many challenges need to be overcome in
this research area to realize its potential. Original papers are invited
on a broad range of research topics relating to wireless sensor
networks. Papers must represent high-quality and previously unpublished
work. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

* Communication techniques and protocols
* Scalable architectures and programming models
* Energy and resource management
* In-network processing and data aggregation
* Distributed query processing and data storage
* Applications of wireless sensor networks
* Localization, time-synchronization and calibration
* Simulation tools, operating systems and middleware
* Collaborative signal processing
* Distributed control and actuation
* Security
* Cross-layer design and optimization

Important Dates

Paper Submission Deadline: March 15, 2005
Notification of Acceptance: April 15, 2005
Camera-Ready Papers: May 1, 2005

Submissions should be uploaded via the WirelessCom05 site :
https://msrcmt.research.microsoft.com/WirelessCom2005/CallForPapers.aspx

Committee:

* Co-Chairs

Rajgopal Kannan, LSU, [email-masked]
Bhaskar Krishnamachari, USC, [email-masked]
Yi Pan, Georgia State University, [email-masked]
Pingzhi Fan, Southwest Jiaotong University, [email-masked]

* Vice Chairs

Deepak Ganesan, U Mass Amherst, [email-masked]
Chiti Francesco, Universit di Firenze, [email-masked]
Narayanan Sadagopan, USC, [email-masked]

* Publicity Chairs

Shuangqing Wei, LSU, [email-masked]
Marco Zuniga, USC, [email-masked]

* Program Commitee

Richard Brooks                      Clemson University
Erdal Cayirci                          Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
Xuming Fang                          SWJTU, China
Sanjay K. Jha                        NICTA, Australia
Xiaohua Jia                            City University of Hong Kong
Holger Karl                            Paderborn University, Germany
Vijay Kumar                          UM Kansas City 
Baltasar Beferul-Lozano         EPFL, Switzerland
Hui Liu                                 Georgia State University
Chenyang Lu                        Washington University-St. Louis
Asis Nasipuri                        University of North Carolina-Charlotte
Konstantinos Psounis            University of Southern California
Nicholas Riley                       Hull University, U.K
Biplab Sikdar                        Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 
Ananthram Swami                 ARL-Army Research Laboratory
Srikanta Tirthapura                 Iowa State University
Wenye Wang                        North Carolina State University
Junshan Zhang                      Arizona State University

More details can be found at:
http://bit.csc.lsu.edu/WirelessComm05/WSNsymposium/

Regards,

Organizing Committee (Symposium on Wireless Sensor Networks)

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6