Subject: [mip6] Ideas about HA's use

From: "Garth Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:10:53 +0000

Hello to all:

In the study of draft-giaretta-mip6-authorization-eap-02.txt and 
draft-giaretta-mip6-aaa-ha-goals-00.txt. I have the following idea.

Since we can do Authentication, Authorization, Accounting jobs for MN in the 
AAA infrastructure in both home network and visited network, and we can 
assign a HA in visited network for MN, the only use left of HA in home 
domain is that it acts as an agent for MN's old address, i.e. home address.

So if in some occasions, MN seldom uses its home address in communication 
when in home network, then when MN moves out, few other nodes will depend on 
MN's home address to find MN. Maybe MN can use its NAI or its domain name to 
identify itself to the world. When all the ASP related operations are done 
by AAA infrastructure, MN's HA in home domain doesn't seem always  
indispensible.

So my immatured idea is, when MN got its HoA in visited domain for a certain 
period of time, MN can lose its contact to the original HA in home domain. 
Or MN can change its HA to a new home network which is nearer to its current 
location.

Am I right?

Wish you good day.
                                                                             
                      Garth Lee

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6