Subject: [Mip6] Call for Papers - COMSWARE 2006

From: "Dawn " <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:02:58 -0600

(Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this document)

CALL FOR PAPERS

***************

The First International Conference on

Communication Systems Software and Middleware

January 8 - 12, 2006

New Delhi, India

http://www.comsware.org

-----------------------

Sponsored by: CreateNet, ICST, IBM, Nokia

Technical Sponsor: IEEE Communications Society (pending)

The convergence of the telecommunications, information technologies and the
Internet has ushered in a revolution in the way people communicate with each
other. The key enabler for this convergence has been the advancement of
software technology in various  communication sectors, as evident by the
high levels of activity in the industry, academia, and standards bodies,
coupled with the increasing dependence of this convergence to sustain and
improve growth rates in many countries around the world.

This new international conference will provide a forum to exchange ideas,
techniques, and applications, discuss best practices and challenging issues,
raise awareness and share experiences among researchers, practitioners,
standard developers and policy makers in the field of software techniques in
telecommunications. The conference will bring leading researchers and
practitioners in areas ranging from communications 

software and software engineering aspects of communications software, to
middleware and networking protocols. The conference will be organized to
provide for a high degree of collaboration, participation and discussions of
the various topics among multi-national participants from the industrial,
governmental and academic sectors.

COMSWARE will include a regular paper track and an industry track. The paper
track will include a highly selective technical program. The conference
solicits original, previously unpublished research work, experimental
efforts, and practical experiences for the technical program. COMSWARE will
also feature panel discussions from experts in academia and industry,
workshops and tutorials featuring the state-of-the-art in 

various telecommunication software-related areas. There will be demos and
exhibits that will expose the delegates to exciting products and software
solutions from industry and academia. The top papers accepted to the
conference will be published in a journal. 

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

. Communications Software

. Reconfigurable Software Stacks

. Software Engineering Aspects of Communications Software

. Context-Based and Implicit Computing

. Telecommunications Services and QoS

. Software for Billing and Pricing

. User Interfaces and Interaction Models

. Multi-Agent Systems

. Client-Server Applications

. Mobile and Intermittently Connected Applications

. Mobile Data Management

. Middleware Services and Agent Technologies

. Middleware for Wireless Sensor Networks

. Middleware for P2P Systems

. Middleware for Future Communication Networks

. Information Infrastructure and Security

. Security and Privacy Issues of Pervasive Computing Systems 

. Network Processors

. Network Operations and Management

. Policy and Workflow-based Network Operations

. Reliability Support Software

. Resource Management in Pervasive Computing Platforms

. Management Software for Optical Networks

. Network Monitoring Software

. Internet and IP based Services

. Dynamic Service Composition and Deployment

. Service Discovery Mechanisms

. Wireless/Mobile Service Management and Delivery

. Ad hoc Networking Protocols and Service Discovery

. Mobile / Wireless Computing Systems and Services

. Performance Evaluation Techniques

. Location Determination

. Positioning and Tracking Technologies Intelligent Environments

. Wearable Computers

. Smart Devices and Smart Spaces

. Enterprise Networking

. Access and Home Networks

. Personal Area Networks

. Integration of Wired and Wireless Networks

. Next Generation Networks and Services

Deadlines

*********

Paper Submission: May 2, 2005

Notification of Acceptance: September 5, 2005

Camera-ready due: September 26, 2005

Conference Organizing Committee

*******************************

General Chairs:  Victor Bahl, Microsoft Research, USA

                            Bijendra Nath Jain, IIT, Delhi, India

                            Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, USA

                            Alfred Spector, IBM Research, USA

Steering Committee:  Imrich Chlamtac, University of Trento, Italy

                                    Rajeev Shorey, IBM Research, India

                                    Prasant Mohapatra, University of
California, Davis, USA

Program Chairs:  Sanjoy Paul, Lucent Technologies, USA

                              G. Venkatesh, SASKEN Technologies, India

                              Jim Woodcock, University of York, UK

Tutorial Chair:   Archan Misra, IBM Research, USA

Workshop Chairs:   Ashwin Gumaste, Fujitsu Research, USA

                                 Gaurav Sharma, University of Rochester, USA

Demos/Exhibit Chairs:   Huzur Saran, IIT, Delhi, India

                                         Jaijit Bhattacharya, Oracle, India

Publicity Chairs:  Thyaga Nandagopal, Lucent Technologies, USA

                              Sunghyun Choi, Seoul National University,
Korea

                              Marco Conti, IIT, Pisa, Italy

                              Ben Lancini, LinLan, Brisbane, Australia

                              Prashant Pradhan, IBM Research, USA

                              Hemant Chaskar, Airtight Networks, India

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6