Subject: [Mip6] The last call: First IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Quality-of-Service

From: "Wenchao Ma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:03:15 +0800

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES IF YOU RECEIVE MULTIPLE COPIES 

Dear colleagues, 
We have extended the submission deadline by two weeks to March 31st. 
*******************************************************************

                      Call for Papers

        		WiQoS 2005

First IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Quality-of-Service

		Part of IEEE WirelessCom 2005 Conference

    Sheraton Maui Resort, Kaanapali Beach , Maui , Hawaii , USA

   			June 13-16, 2005

    Technical Sponsorship: IEEE TCCC, TCPC, and SSCTC

		http://conferences.ece.ubc.ca/wqos2005/

*******************************************************************

Scope:

    The wireless industry is currently facing new challenges to satisfy
the needs of a rapidly growing customer base. The rising competition is
driving wireless companies to lower cost and distinguish themselves by
offering value-added services. It is expected that as adoption of new
wireless technologies and standards grows, will drive the need for
guaranteeing quality of service (QoS). The issue of QoS provisioning and
enforcement has become a critical area of concern for suppliers of
wireless access equipment vendors, networks service providers, and
customers.

Symposium Topics

    Topics include but are not limited to

        * Wireless QoS network models

        * QoS specification and metrics for wireless networks

        * Packet scheduling algorithms for wireless network environments

        * QoS in meshed (multi-hop) wireless networks

        * QoS in mobile ad hoc networks (Manet)

        * QoS support in wireless LANs, wireless PANs, and WiMAX (IEEE
802.11/15/16/20)

        * Maintaining QoS for roaming users

        * Architectures and algorithms for QoS-enabled wireless access
points

        * Cross-layer delay and error control

        * Cross-layer optimization for improved wireless network QoS

Schedule

        * Paper submission deadline: March 31, 2005

        * Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2005

        * Final manuscript due: May 05, 2005

Committee:

Co-Chairs:

Hussein Alnuweiri
University of British Columbia, Canada
[email-masked]

Wei (Wayne) Li
University of Toledo, USA
[email-masked]

Hazem Refai
University of Oklahoma, USA
[email-masked] 

Publicity Chair:

Wenchao Ma, Ph.D.
Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing, China
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6