Subject: Re: [Mip6] RE: Comments on draft-kempf-mip6-ha-alert-00

From: "DENG, HUI -HCHIBJ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:59:56 +0800

>When the MN receives the HA Unavailability message it must find a new
HA, get a new HoA and bootstrap a SA with another HA. 
>In the I-ASP scenario, if we assume that the bootstrapping solution
used is based on AAA for network access, 
>there could be issues for the new bootstrapping procedure that the MN
must do after receiving the HAU. I think there are two possibilities:
>- the MN supports only another bootstrapping method (e.g. IKEv2+EAP)
>- the MN waits for a reauthentication event or triggers a
reauthentication event (this is possible in PANA for example) in order
to bootstrap MIPv6 again.

>The second one is not a clean approach IMO.
>The first one might be better but the MN must discover the new HA. The
DNS or DHCP solutions could not be feasible for the I-ASP scenario. For
this reason I think that it could be useful if the HAU may include one
or more new HA addresses.

I thought that "draft-haley-mip6-mh-signaling-00.txt" HA message will
include a new HA address in its mobility option.
then MN can start IKEv2 to get HoA and SA with another HA.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6