Subject: [Mip6] 9th IEEE/ACM DS-RT'2005 - Call for Papers - Montreal 10-12/10/2005

From: "Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 01:46:46 -0300

Our apologies if you have received multiple copies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Call for Papers
                              DS-RT 2005
               9th IEEE/ACM* International Symposium on
          Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications,
                          October 10-12, 2005
                        Hyatt Regency Montréal,
                          Montreal, Canada.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   http://www.cs.unibo.it/ds-rt2005/

In Conjunction with the 8th ACM International Symposium on Modeling,
Analysis,
Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems.

*IEEE/ACM Approval Pending

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submission Deadline: May 23, 2005 (hard copy or electronic paper submission)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scope

In its nineth year, the 2005 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Distributed
Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT 2005) will take place at
Hyatt Regency Montreal, Canada, in conjunction with the the 8th ACM
Int'l Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and
Mobile Systems (MSWiM 2005).

This is an excellent opportunity to participate in two conferences
covering a wide range of simulation research.

Symposium Objectives

DS-RT 2005 serves as a forum for simulationists from academia, industry
and research labs, for presenting recent research results in Distributed
Simulation and Real Time Applications. DS-RT 2005 targets the growing
overlap between large distributed simulations and real time applications,
such as collaborative virtual environments.  The conference features
prominent invited
speakers as well as papers by top researchers in the field. DS-RT 2005 will
include
contributed technical papers, invited papers, and panel discussions. The
proceedings will be published by IEEE-CS press.

Call for Papers

DS-RT is intended to provide an international forum for the discussion
and presentation of original ideas, recent results and achievements by
researchers, students, and systems developers on issues and challenges
related to distributed simulation and real time applications. Authors
are encouraged to submit both theoretical and practical results of
significance. Demonstration of new tools/applications is very desirable.

The scope of the symposium includes, but is not limited to:

o- Collaborative Virtual Environments, e.g. interactive Virtual Reality,
   human communication through immersive environments, shared object
manipulation;
o- Multi-sensory collaborative systems, e.g. collaborative future
    workspaces, psychological issues of collaborative VR;
o- Interactive Simulation in Entertainment and Games;
o- Applications of Distributed Simulation, e.g., Real Time, large
    distributed simulation systems;
o- Agent Based Distributed Simulation, e.g., multi-agent based simulation,
parallel and distibuted simulation of multi-agent systems;
o- Real-Time application modeling for QoS evaluation;
o- Algorithms and Studies relating to existing protocols, e.g., HLA, DIS,
    event synchronization, network time protocols;
o- Data Distribution Management, Interest Management, Multi-resolution
    modeling and Dead-Reckoning Mechanisms;
o- Current Critical Design Issues, e.g.: causality, simultaneous events,
    zero look-ahead, compensation for slower than real time;
o- Methodology for Distributed and Parallel Simulation;
o- Approaches to interoperation of COTS simulation modeling packages;
o- Interface Definition, Communication, Management, Security;
o- Performance of Distributed Simulation, e.g., benchmark, theoretical,
    empirical, and HLA/RTI studies;
o- Visual Interactive Simulation, e.g., generic animation, visual
    interactive modeling, interactive computer based learning;
o- Animating Language Tools, Visualization Tools for Computational Processes
    under Simulation;
o- Modeling and Simulation Environments for Real Time Concurrent Systems;
o- Influence of Network-Centric Systems, e.g., Java, and DCOM;
o- Network support for distributed simulation and real-time systems
    e.g., QoS requirements, multicast for distributed/real-time simulation;
o- Applications of Web-Based Simulation, e.g. Modeling Global Internet;
o- Integration of Distributed Simulation and HLA with Web Technologies;
o- Large Scale Distributed Simulation on the Grid.
o- Software Design Patterns and Real-Time Simulation  Environments

Important dates

   Submission Deadline: May 23, 2005 (hard copy or electronic paper
submission)
   Notification of Acceptance: July 8, 2005
   Camera Ready version due: July 31, 2005
   Symposium presentation: October 10-12, 2005 in Montreal, Canada

IMPORTANT: ATTENDANCE BY AT LEAST ONE AUTHOR IS MANDATORY

Submission Guidelines

Papers should be written in English and should not exceed 10 pages
(single-spaced) or 18 pages (double-spaced).

Papers must be unpublished and must not be submitted for publication
elsewhere.

Authors are encouraged to submit papers in electronic form, postscript
pdf, or Microsoft Word 6.0 (or higher) only. Please submit papers to
http://sentosa.sas.ntu.edu.sg:8000/~dsrt2005/ by May 23, 2005.

Questions from authors may be directed to:
Program Co-Chairs: Georgios Theodoropoulos <[email-masked]>,
                   David Roberts <[email-masked]>,
or General Co-Chairs: Azzedine Boukerche <[email-masked]>
                      Stephen Turner ([email-masked]).

Hardcopy papers also may be submitted, in which case four copies are
required.

Each submission, electronic or paper, must be accompanied by the
following information:

a short abstract
a complete list of authors and their affiliations
a contact person for correspondence
postal and e-mail addresses.

Please contact the above if you wish to do so.

Organizing Committee

General Co-Chairs

Azzedine Boukerche
SITE, University of Ottawa
Ottawa, ONT K1N 6N5, Canada

Stephen J. Turner
School of Computer Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: +65-6790-4054.
Fax : +65-6792-6559

Program Co-Chairs
Georgios Theodoropoulos
School of Computer Science
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham B15 2TT
UK
tel: +44 (0) 121-414 4780
fax: +44 (0) 121-414 4281
email: [email-masked]

David J. Roberts
Centre for Virtual Environments, Business House, University Road,
University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: +44-161-295-2926
Fax: +44-161-295-2925

Poster Chair

A. El-Saddik, SITE, University of Ottawa, Canada

Publicity Co-Chairs

Helen Karatza, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare, Barddal University, Brazil
Webmaster and System Chair

Luciano Bononi, University of Bologna, Italy

For local information on the beautiful city of Montreal
URL:  www.tourisme-montreal

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6