Subject: [Mip6] Bootstrapping Solutions

From: Narayanan Vidya-CVN065 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:28:11 -0600

All,
Currently, the bootstrapping solutions seem to aim at providing all the three parameters as part of the solution set in a single I-D. In other words, each solutions draft addresses all the three parameters - HA address, HoA and MN-HA SA. Since there are many solutions possible for obtaining each of these parameters, it seems to me that having separate drafts that address each one might actually serve the purpose better. That way, any combination of the drafts can be used to bootstrap these three parameters. 
 
Is there any reason why these three parameters should not be addressed in separate drafts? It may even make sense to address all the possible solutions for each case in a draft - e.g., describing all possible methods of obtaining 
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:44:05 -0800

Hi Vidya,
 
> Currently, the bootstrapping solutions seem to aim at providing all
the three parameters as part of the solution set in a single I-D.
 
I'm not aware of such a requirement or plan. I agree that the
"component" approach makes more sense. This is the direction we are
moving towards in the DT as well.
 
Alper

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Narayanan Vidya-CVN065
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip6] Bootstrapping Solutions
 
All,
Currently, the bootstrapping solutions seem to aim at providing all the
three parameters as part of the solution set in a single I-D. In other
words, each solutions draft addresses all the three parameters - HA
address, HoA and MN-HA SA. Since there are many solutions possible for
obtaining each of these parameters, it seems to me that having separate
drafts that address each one might actually serve the purpose better.
That way, any combination of the drafts can be used to bootstrap these
three parameters. 
 
Is there any reason why these three parameters should not be addressed
in separate drafts? It may even make sense to address all the possible
solutions for each case in a draft - e.g., describing all possible
methods of obtaining 
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6