Subject: [Mip6] [Securecomm-cfp] SECURECOMM 2005, Final CFP - March 18 deadline

From: Richard Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:30:47 -0700

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased that announce that SECURECOMM 2005 is now co-sponsored
by IEEE Communications Society.

In addition, the deadline for IEEE/CreateNet SECURECOMM 2005 paper
submission has now been extended to March 18th, 11.50PM PST. Authors
interested in submitting are encouraged to register their papers as
soon as possible. The EDAS paper submission link is:

     http://edas.info/home.cgi?c=4470

For complete information, please visit:
     http://www.securecomm.org/
     http://www.comsoc.org/confs/securecom/index.html

We apologize if you received multiple copies of this Call for Papers.
Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.

Best regards,

IEEE/CreateNet SECURECOMM 2005 Organizing Committee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
			   CALL FOR PAPERS

		    IEEE/CreateNet SECURECOMM 2005
First IEEE/CreateNet International Conference on Security and Privacy for
	       Emerging Areas in Communication Networks
			    Sept. 5-9, 2005
		       Location: Athens, Greece
			  www.securecomm.org
	   http://www.comsoc.org/confs/securecom/index.html

        PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 18, 2005, 11.50 PM PST

			   CO-SPONSORED BY:

	     IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
		    CreateNet (www.create-net.it)
			 ICST (www.icst.org)
                                   &
	   U.S. National Science Foundation (Travel Grants)

			 In Cooperation with:

  In Cooperation With IEEE Computer Society TC on Security and Privacy
	      In Cooperation with ACM (SIGSAC) - Pending

			  Corporate Sponsors:
		Toshiba America Research Inc. (Bronze)
		   Telcordia Technologies (Silver)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE: The focus of this conference is two-fold:

1. Security and Privacy in wireless, mobile, ad hoc, sensor,
    personal-area and RFID networks
2. Security and Privacy in pervasive and ubiquitous computing

The conference aims to bring together academic, industrial and
government researchers, practitioners, standards developers and policy
makers.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Wireless Network Security (WiFi, WiMAX, WiMedia and others)
* Sensor and  Mobile Ad Hoc Network Security
* Security of  GSM/GPRS/UMTS systems
* RFID security and privacy
* Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems, tolerance and recovery
* Firewalls and Application gateways for wireless/mobile networks
       and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
* Public key infrastructures for wireless/mobile networks
       and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
* Web Security, Authentication and Authorization in
       wireless/mobile  networks and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
* Privacy/Anonymity Preserving Design in wireless/mobile  networks
       and pervasive/ubiquitous computing
* E-commerce protocols and micropayment schemes
* Secure Localization systems
* Security in hybrid (e.g., wireline/wireless) networks

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original unpublished research are
solicited.  Submissions must not be concurrently under review by a
conference, journal or any other venue that has proceedings. All
submissions will be refereed by the program committee.  Papers that
have a student as the primary author or first co-author will be
considered for a best student paper award.  Accepted papers of
particular merit will be considered for a special issue of Springer
International Journal of Information Security.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Authors should prepare a PostScript or PDF
version of their full paper. Submissions must not exceed 10 pages in
IEEE conference style, two-column format. All submitted papers will be
judged based on their quality through double-blind reviewing, where
the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers.
Authors' names must not appear in the paper or in the PostScript or
PDF file.  Complete paper submission instructions will be available at
the conference website.  The paper submission deadline is March 18,
2005, 11.50PM PST.

PANELS: Panels that examine innovative, controversial, or
otherwise provocative issues of interest are solicited.  Panel
proposals should not exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches
of the panelists. Potential panel organizers should submit proposals
to the Panels Co-Chairs by March 18, 2005.

WORKSHOPS: Workshop proposals on topics related to the broader
theme of the conference are solicited. Workshop proposals should not
exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches of the main
organizers. Potential workshop organizers should submit proposals to
the Workshops Co-Chairs by January 22, 2005.

RESEARCH DEMOS: Informal proposals for research demos are
solicited.  Proposals will be reviewed and selection will be made
based on the perceived value to the research community and interest
level for the conference attendees. Proposals should not exceed 3
pages and should include: the focus area, technologies involved,
specific equipment to be used, demo layout and space required. Please
submit proposals to the Research Demos Chair(s) by March 18,
2005.  Travel grants, sponsored by NSF, are available to partially
support travel expenses for demo teams from US-based institutions.

Student Travel Grants: Student Travel Grants, sponsored by the
National Science Foundation, are available for graduate students
studying at US universities. Details will be made available shortly.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

TECHNICAL Paper submissions due: March 18, 2005
NOTIFICATION date:		 May 15, 2005
Camera-ready version due:	 June 10, 2005
Conference Dates:		 Sep. 5-9, 2005

For information regarding the conference, please visit
http://www.securecomm.org or contact one of the Chairs below.

		   CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs
-----------------

Imrich Chlamtac, CreateNet Research Institute, [email-masked]
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC),
				  [email-masked]

General Vice-Chair
------------------

Bruno Crispo, Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands, [email-masked]

Technical Program Co-Chairs
---------------------------

Dieter Gollmann, TU Hamburg-Harburg, [email-masked]
Li Gong, Sun Microsystems, [email-masked]
Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine,  [email-masked]

Workshops Chair
---------------

G. Manimaran, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

Panels Co-Chairs
----------------

Peng Liu, Penn State University, [email-masked]
Fabio Massacci, Univ. of Trento, [email-masked]

Research Demos/Exhibits Chair
-----------------------------

John Hale, Univ. of Tulsa, [email-masked]
Costa Cristina, Univ. of Trento, [email-masked]

Sponsorships Chair
------------------

Farooq Anjum, Telcordia  Tech., [email-masked]
Effie Makri, Demokritos Greece, [email-masked]

Local Arrangements Co-Chairs
----------------------------

Tassos Dimitriou, Athens Information Technology, [email-masked]
Antonis Kalis, Athens Information Technology, [email-masked]

Publicity Co-Chairs
-------------------

Haim Bar,  ATC-NYCorp, [email-masked]
Richard Han, Univ of Colorado, [email-masked]
Dimitrios Serpanos, Univ. of Patras, Greece, [email-masked]

Publication Chair
-----------------

Radha Poovendran, Univ. of Washington, [email-masked]

Student Travel Awards Chair
---------------------------

Dapeng Wu, Univ. of Florida, [email-masked]

Steering Committee Co-Chairs:
------------------------------

  Imrich Chlamtac, CreateNet Research Institute
  Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)

		   TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
		   ---------------------------

Members
-------

N. Asokan, Nokia Research Center
Giuseppe Ateniese, The Johns Hopkins University
Tuomas Aura, Microsoft Research Ltd
Dirk Balfanz, PARC
Bharat Bhargava, Purdue University
Levente Buttyan, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Claude Castelluccia, INRIA
Robert Deng, Singapore Management University
Xuhua Ding, Singapore Management University
Dieter Gollmann, TU Hamburg-Harburg (TPC Co-Chair)
Li Gong, Sun Microsystems (TPC Co-Chair)
Virgil Gligor, University of Maryland
Roberto Gorrieri, Universit� di Bologna
Tom Karygiannis, NIST
Steve Kent, BBN
Yongdae Kim, University of Minnesota
Kwok-Yan Lam, Tsinghua University
Wenke Lee, Georgia Institute of Technology
Ninghui Li, Purdue University
Peng Liu, Pennsylvania State University
Luigi Mancini,  University of Rome, "La Sapienza"
Pietro Michiardi, Institut EURECOM
Refik Molva, Insitut Eurecom
Pekka Nikander, Ericsson Research Nomadiclab
Radha Poovendran, University of Washington
Shiuh-Pyng Shieh, National Chiao Tung University
Dawn Song, CMU
Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine (TPC Co-Chair)
Giovanni Vigna, University of California Santa Barbara
Avishai Wool, Tel Aviv University
Lidong Zhou, Microsoft Research

_______________________________________________
Securecomm-cfp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mantis.cs.colorado.edu/mailman/listinfo/securecomm-cfp

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6