Subject: [Mip6] Multiple BUs per packet?

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:02:15 -0700

Suppose a MN has multiple home/care of addresses assigned to an interface,
or it has multiple interfaces, each with a separate set of home/care of
addresses assigned to it. Suppose further that the MN is using more than one
address set with a particular CN.

When the MN moves (if it has multiple interfaces, both interfaces move),
would it be acceptable for the MN to send one packet with two BU Mobility
Headers in it, for both addresses?

I assume that different sets of Bmk would be required, since the Bmk
calculation requires the home address to be used.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:14:07 -0400

> Headers in it, for both addresses?

=> Not in the current spec. I'm assuming that you are talking 
about a MN that uses multiple addresses with the same CN (i.e.
the same CN address). Obviously this is only possible if 
the MN has more than one HoA. 
The Bicasting draft solved this problem between the MN and MAP/AR
but that's based on an HA-like SA.

With a CN you'd have to run RR twice.

Hesham

 > calculation requires the home address to be used.

===========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.
===========================================================