Subject: [Mip6] Experimental and Vendor specific messages

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:36:20 -0700

hello,

the following two drafts specify experimental and vendor
specific mobility header messages and options.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-devarapalli-mip6-experimental-messages-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-devarapalli-mip6-vsm-00.txt

the motivation behind these drafts is that they would
encourage experiments and protocol extensions to Mobile
IPv6. comments would be much appreciated.

Vijay

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:08:55 -0400

Hi Vijay,

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-devarapalli-mip6-vsm-00.txt

The drafts look good.

The only thing I would like to see in the MH definitions is the padding 
and header length requirements, for example:

    If no data is present in this message, 4 octets of padding are
    necessary and the Header Len field will be set to 1.

-Brian

---

From: "Samita Chakrabarti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:24:47 -0700

Hi Vijay,

I think the experimental and vendor specific message/options would be
useful. The drafts talk about node behavior when the node does not understand
these messages. How about some texts about node behavior when these
option types are unrecognized ? I assume they will be skipped.

-Samita