Subject: [Mip6] CFP-NETWORKING2007: 6th IFIP International Conference on Networking

From: "Ozgur B. Akan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:29:51 +0300

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

**********************************************************************
********                   Networking 2007                    ********
******                                                          ******
****    IFIP Technical Committee on Communication Systems (TC6)   ****
**               International Conference on Networking             **
*                                                                    *
*                          May 14-18, 2007                           *
*              Georgia Tech Hotel, Atlanta, Georgia, USA             *
*                                                                    *
*                   http://www.ifip-networking.org                   *
*                                                                    *
*                          CALL FOR PAPERS                           *
**********************************************************************

Networking  2007  is  the  sixth  event in  a series of  International
Conferences on Networking,  sponsored by  the IFIP Technical Committee
on Communication  Systems (TC 6).  The  main  objectives of Networking
2007  are to  bring  together  active  and  proficient  members of the
networking community,  from both  academia  and  industry,  to discuss
recent   advances   in   this   broad   and   fast-evolving  field  of
telecommunications,  and to highlight key-issues,  identify trends and
refresh vision in the field of telecommunications.

The conference objectives will be  pursued through technical sessions,
keynote talks,  and tutorials offered  by invited experts,  as well as
panel  discussions  on  hot topics.  The  technical  sessions  will be
structured into three tracks.  Authors are  encouraged  to submit full
papers describing original, previously unpublished, complete research,
not   currently  under  review   by  another  conference  or  journal,
addressing  state-of-the-art  research and development in all areas of
computer networking. Topics include, but are not limited to:

(1) Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks:
===============================

  Authentication  and  security;  Algorithms  and protocols;  Admission
  control;  Data  dissemination;  Environment  monitoring;  Energy  and
  resource   consumption;   Fault   tolerance   and   error   recovery;
  Interconnection  of  ad  hoc / wired networks; Localization; Location
  services;  MAC  protocols;  Mesh  networks;  Mobility;  Modeling  and
  performance  evaluation;  Network  reconfiguration; Power management;
  Quality  of  Service;  Resource  allocation;   Routing;   Scheduling;
  Self-organization;  Time synchronization; Traffic shaping;

(2) Wireless Networks:
======================

  Broadband  wireless  access;  Cellular  networks  ( 2G,  2.5G, 3G and
  Beyond);  Cross-layer  design and optimization;  Location management;
  Handoff;  Ubiquitous networks;  Hybrid networks;  Interworking of 2G,
  3G, 4G   Mobile   IP   networks;  Mobile  networks  architecture  and
  protocols;  Mobility  models;  Multimedia   over   wireless;  Overlay
  networks; Quality of Service; Standards and Protocols; Wireless local
  and personal area networks;  Wireless  multimedia  systems;  Wireless
  protocols;  Wireless  authentication  and security;  Wireless network
  modeling, algorithms,  and simulation;  Wireless network reliability;
  Wireless LAN/MAN/WAN interoperability;

(3) Next Generation Internet:
=============================

  All-IP  networking;  Congestion  control;  Evolution  of  IP  network
  architecture;  Multilayer  design  and  optimization; MPLS and GMPLS;
  Multicasting;  Multimedia  protocols;   Network  management  systems;
  Network measurements and testbeds;  Network modeling  and simulation;
  Peer-to-peer networks; Pricing, billing, and economic models; Quality
  of  Service;  Real-time  voice / video  over  IP  networks;  Resource
  allocation;  Routing and switching;  Scheduling and queue management;
  Traffic  engineering;  Traffic  management;   Traffic  modeling;  Web
  architecture and protocols;

Important Dates:
================

Submission deadline        :            October 30, 2006 (11:59pm EDT)
Notification of acceptance :            February 1, 2007
Camera-ready version       :            February 21, 2007

Submission Details:
===================

Authors  are  invited  to  submit  full  papers  including references,
figures,  and tables,  of up to  6 pages,  double-column format,  with
minimum 10-point font, 2.5cm margins at the top,  bottom,  and on each
side. Papers  must  be  submitted  electronically  via  EDAS. Detailed
submission instructions are available on the conference website.

All  papers  will  be  reviewed  by  the technical  program committee.
Accepted papers  will appear  in the conference proceedings  published
by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS series.

There will be a Best Paper Award for the best submitted paper.

Organization Committee:
=======================

  General Co-Chairs:
  ------------------
  Ian F. Akyildiz           Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
  Raghupathy Sivakumar      Georgia Institute of Technology, USA

  TPC Co-Chairs:
  --------------
  Eylem Ekici               Ohio State University, USA
  Janise McNair             University of Florida, USA
  Jaudelice de Oliveira     Drexel University, USA

For more information about the conference, see
http://www.ifip-networking.org/

-- 
Dr. Ozgur B. Akan
Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Middle East Technical University
Ankara, Turkey 06531
Tel: +90-312-210 2353 Fax: +90-312-210 1261
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.eee.metu.edu.tr/~akan

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6