Subject: [Mip6] CFP: HWN-RMQ Workshop in IEEE CCNC 2007

From: Muhammad Jaseemuddin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 02:20:07 -0400

======================================================================
CALL FOR PAPERS HWN-RMQ Workshop in IEEE CCNC 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to numerous requests
the Submission Deadline has been Extended to Sept 30, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd IEEE International Workshop on Heterogeneous Wireless Networks:

Resource Management and QoS (HWN-RMQ'07)

IEEE CCNC 2007 - Satellite Workshop

January 11 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society

You can view the conference details at:
http://www.ieee-ccnc.org/callforpapers/HWN-RMQ_workshop/index.html.

The fourth generation (4G) of wireless communications is expected to
integrate a potentially large number of different heterogeneous wireless
technologies in what could be considered a huge step forward towards
universal wireless access and omnipresent computing through seamless
mobility. Even though 4G standard is currently not defined, there are many
current outlooks that delineate the vision of the new wireless
technologies. Based on the emergent trends of mobile communication,
4G will have larger bandwidth, higher data rates, smoother and quicker
handoff and will focus on guaranteeing faultless service and seamless
handoff across a multitude of wireless networks. The key concept is
integrating the 4G capabilities with all of the existing mobile
technologies. Special maneuvers will be necessary amongst different access
systems in terms of horizontal (intra-system) and vertical (inter-system)
handoff as well as seamless mobility, Quality of Service (QoS),
dependability and security.

In this workshop, we solicit high quality papers from leading researchers
that present state-of-the-art research in heterogeneous wireless networks
dealing with resource management techniques and QoS provisioning.

Topics of interests

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Interworking with 2.5G, 3G, and other wireless networks
* QoS provisioning for heterogeneous wireless networks
* End-to-End QoS Architectures
* Location, Mobility and Handoff Management
* Seamless vertical handoff techniques between different wireless
networks
* Network selection criteria
* Resource management/allocation
* Bandwidth adaptation
* Power control and management
* Load, admission, and flow control
* Architecture design alternatives for heterogeneous wireless networks
* Performance analysis and experimentation of heterogeneous wireless
networks
* Pricing and billing issues
* Security techniques and methods for heterogeneous wireless networks
* Heterogeneous wireless networks applications and measurements
* Simulation study of heterogeneous wireless networks
* Scalability of heterogeneous wireless networks
* Implementation and testbed experiments
* Standardization activities for heterogeneous wireless networks
* Heterogeneous multi-hop wireless networks

Guidelines for Submission

Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently
under review
in any other conference or journal, and has not been previously published.

* Paper length should not exceed five-page technical paper manuscript.
Please see author information page for submission guidelines at
CCNC'07 website (http://www.ieee-ccnc.org). The paper should be used
as the basis for a 20-30 minute Workshop presentation.
* Papers should be submitted in a .pdf or .ps format by selecting
CCNC'07 at the EDAS paper submission website (http://www.edas.info)
and then selecting the workshop submission link.
* A separate cover sheet should show the title of the paper, the
author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), and the address (including
e-mail, telephone, and fax) to which the correspondence should be
sent.
* All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings
* At least one author of accepted papers is required to register at
the full registration rate.

Important Dates

Paper submission: September 30, 2006
Author Notification: October 30, 2006
Camera-ready Copy: November 10, 2006
Author Registration Deadline: November 8, 2006
Workshop date: January 11, 2007

Workshop Co-Chairs

Muhammad Jaseemuddin (Ryerson University, Canada, [email-masked])
Tarek Bejaoui (Mediatron, Sup’Com, Tunisia, [email-masked])

Technical Program Committee
• Ekram Hossain, University of Manitoba, Canada
• Emad Aboelela, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA
• Eylem Ekici, Ohio State University, USA
• Farid Nait-Adbesselam, University of Lille, France
• Hussein Mouftah, University of Ottawa, Canada
• Jalel Ben-Othman, University of Versailles, France
• Javier Gozalvez, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Spain
• Liudong Xing, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA
• Mohamed Ould-Khaoua, University of Glasgow, UK
• Najah Abu Ali, Queen's University, Canada
• Nidal Nasser, University of Guelph, Canada
• Ozgur B. Akan, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
• Sunil Kumar, San Diego State University, USA
• Thomas Noel, University of Strasbourg, France
• Victor Kueh , Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
• Weihua Zhuang, University of Waterloo, Canada
• Wenbing Zhao, Cleveland State University, USA
• Yacine Atif, Massey University, New Zealand
• Young-Joo Suh, Pohang University of Science and Technology
(POSTECH), Korea
• Youssef Iraqi, Dhofar University, Oman

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6