Subject: [Mip6] CFP IEEE MASS 2006

From: "Pedro M. Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:28:51 -0700

Apologies for possible cross-postings.

Third IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Systems
October 9 - October 12, 2006, Vancouver, Canada

Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society
with support from NSF and ARO

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
======================

Program Highlights
 
As one of the original IEEE conferences on sensor and wireless networks, the
Third IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems
(MASS 2006) features a strong technical program, which spans topics such as
analytical modeling, protocol/algorithm design, and experimental studies of
wireless and sensor networks. The technical program is composed of 12
single-track sessions, totalling 48 papers (selected from close to 200
submissions). Along with these high-quality technical papers, MASS'06
program also includes a number of invited talks, which will highlight the
state-of-the-art research in, and speculate on the future of, wireless and
sensor network applications. Prof. P.R. Kumar of  University of Illinois,
Urbana-Champaign and Dr. Krishan Sabnani of Bell Laboratories, Lucent
Technologies, will deliver keynote speeches, while Prof. Vijay Bhargava of
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, will present a dinner speech. 
To foster technical discussions
in an informal setting, the program includes poster sessions and provides
researchers with  ample of opportunities to discuss their evolving ideas and
gather feedback from the networking community. Finally, the program includes
a number of selected industrial exhibition and demonstrations.

===============================================
Technical Program
===============================================

October 9, 2006, Monday,

Five workshops

First IEEE International Workshop on Intelligent Systems Techniquesfor
Wireless Sensor Networks (IST-WSN'06)

LOCAN 2006, 2nd International Workshop on Localized Communication and
Topology Protocols for Ad hoc Networks

2nd IEEE International Workshop on Heterogeneous Multi-Hop Wirelessand
Mobile Networks 2006 (IEEE MHWMN'06)

2nd IEEE International Workshop on Wireless and Sensor Networks Security
(WSNS'06)

The First International Workshop on Wireless Mesh-Networks and Applications
(WiMa06) 2006

October 10, 2006, Tuesday
=========================

8:30am-9:00am Welcome

9:00am-10:00am Keynote Speech

Title:    From sensing to actuation over wireless networks
Speatker: Prof. P. R. Kumar
          Franklin W. Woeltge Professor of Electrical and Computer
Engineering
          University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

==============================================
10:00am-10:30am Break

===============================================
10:30am-12:00pm Session 1: Capacity and Bandwidth Allocation

Design of a Cross-Layer Optimization Framework for Rate Allocation in
Wireless Multicast Amr Mohamed (Univ. British Columbia, CA)
 
An Efficient Capacity Allocation Scheme of Periodic Polling Services for a
Multimedia Traffic in an IEEE802.16 System Jun Bae Seo (Electronics and
Telecommunication Research Institute, KR); Hyong Woo Lee (Korea University,
KR)
 
Max-Min Fair Capacity of Wireless Mesh Networks Bassam Aoun (University of
Waterloo, CA); Raouf Boutaba (University of Waterloo, CA)
 
Capacity Enhancement using Throwboxes in DTNs Wenrui Zhao (Georgia Institute
of Technology, US); Yang Chen (Georgia Institute of Technology, US); Mostafa
Ammar (Georgia Institute of Technology, US); Mark Corner (University of
Massachusetts, US); Brian Levine (University of Massachusetts at Amherst,
US); Ellen Zegura (Georgia Institute of Technology, US)

===============================================
12:00pm-1:30pm Lunch

===============================================
1:30pm-3:00pm Panel: Challenges and Opportunities of Wireless Sensor
Networks and Its Role in the GENI Effort.

Moderator: Dr. Guru Parulkar

===============================================
3:00pm-3:30pm Break

===============================================
3:30pm-5:00pm Session 2: Channel Modeling and MAC

Channel Access Using Opportunistic Reservations in Ad Hoc Networks Xiaoqiao
Meng (University of California, Los Angeles, US); J.j. Garcia-Luna-Aceves
(University of California at Santa Cruz, US)
 
HIMAC: High Throughput MAC Layer Multicasting in Wireless Networks Ai Chen
(Ohio State University, CN); Gayathri Chandrasekaran (Ohio State University,
US); Dongwook Lee (Ohio State University, US); Prasun Sinha (Ohio State
University, US)
 
On the Fading and Shadowing Effects for Wireless Sensor Networks Michael Liu
(University of Technology, Sydney, AU); Chun Tung Chou (School of Computer
Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales, AU)
 
QoS Provision for Remote Sensing and Control in Heterogeneous Environments
Zhiwei Cen (Michigan State University, US); Matt Mutka (Michigan State
University, US)

===============================================
5:00pm-6:30pm Session 3: Data Transport

Time-Optimum Packet Scheduling for Many-to-One Routing in Wireless Sensor
Networks  Wen-Zhan Song (Washington State University, Vancouver, US)
 
Efficient Sharing of Sensor Networks
 Rene Mueller (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH); Gustavo Alonso
(Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Z"urich, CH)
 
A Delay-Aware Reliable Event Reporting Framework for Wireless
Sensor-Actuator Networks  Edith Ngai (The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
HK); Yangfan Zhou (The Chinese University of Hong Kong, HK); Michael Lyu
(The Chinese University of Hong Kong, HK); Jiangchuan Liu (Simon Fraser
University,
CA)
 
Smart Gossip: An Adaptive Gossip-based Broadcasting Service for Sensor
Networks Pradeep Kyasanur (University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, US);
Romit Roy Choudhury (University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, US);
Indranil Gupta (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, US)

===============================================
6:30pm-7:00pm Break

===============================================
7:00-9:00pm Poster Session and Reception

A Framework for a Store-and-Forward Transport Protocol in Unstable Networks
Simon Heimlicher (ETH Zurich, CH); Rainer Baumann (ETH Zurich, CH); Martin
May (ETH Zurich, CH); Bernhard Plattner (ETH Zurich, CH)
 
Challenges of Secure Routing in MANETs: A Simulative Approach using AODV-SEC
Stephan Eichler (Technische Universitaet Muenchen, DE); Christian Roman
(Technische Universitaet Muenchen, DE)
 
Contention Aware Transport Protocol for Multihop Wireless Networks Kang Yong
Lee (ETRI, KR)
 
A scalable quorum based location service in ad hoc and sensor networks
Dandan Liu (Wuhan University, CN); Ivan Stojmenovic (University of Ottawa,
CA); Xiaohua Jia (City University of Hong Kong, HK)
 
The Study of False Route Breakage in IEEE 802.11 based Ad Hoc Networks Xia
Li (National University of Singapore, SG)
 
Maximizing Network Lifetime of Broadcasting in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks by
Distributed and Smooth Update of a Virtual Backbone Iana Siomina (Linkoping
University, SE); Di Yuan (Linkoping University, SE)
 
Quality of Service Routing and Admission Control for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
with a Contention-based MAC Layer Lajos Hanzo II. (University of Surrey,
UK); Rahim Tafazolli (University of Surrey, UK)
 
Temporal Analysis of Routing Activity for Anomaly Detection in Ad hoc
Networks Haitao Liu (University of Arizona, US); Rajiv Gupta (University of
Arizona, US)
 
Clustering Mesh-Like Wireless Sensor Networks with an Energy-Efficient
Scheme Dajin Wang (Montclair State University, US)
 
Max-min Fair Rate Allocation in Multi-hop Wireless Ad Hoc Networks Xueyuan
Su (City University of Hong Kong, HK); Sammy Chan (City University of Hong
Kong, HK)
 
Improving Accuracy in Available Bandwidth Estimation for 802.11-based Ad Hoc
Networks Isabelle Guerin Lassous (Inria, FR); Cheikh Sarr (INSA de Lyon,
FR); Claude Chaudet (ENST, FR); Guillaume Chelius (INSA de Lyon, FR)
 
Distributed Topology Control for Stationary and Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Liang
Zhao (University of Delaware, US); Errol Lloyd (University of Delaware, US)
 
Deterministic Data Reduction in Sensor Networks Huseyin Akcan (Polytechnic
University, US); Herve Bronnimann (Polytechnic University, US)
 
Adaptation of On-line Scheduling Strategies for Sensor Network Platforms
Christian Decker (TecO, University of Karlsruhe, DE); Till Riedel (TecO,
University of Karlsruhe, DE)
 
Router Placement in Wireless Sensor Networks  Michael Ahlberg (Royal
Institute of Technology, Stockholm, SE); Vladimir Vlassov (Royal Institute
of Technology, SE); Terumasa Yasui (Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, JP)
 
Lifetime issues in wireless sensor networks for vineyard monitoring Sebastia
Galmes (Universitat de les Illes Balears, ES)
 
Lifetime Enhancement of Wireless Sensor Networks by Differentiable Node
Density Deployment Demin Wang (Univ. of Cincinati, US); Yi Cheng (University
of Cincinnati, US); Yun Wang (University of Cincinnati, US); Dharma Agrawal
(UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI, US)
 
AODV-DFR: Hybrid Routing Scalable to Mobility and Load Jiwei Chen
(University of California, Los Angeles, US); He Zhou (Tianjin University,
CN); Yeng-Zhong Lee (University of California at Los Angeles, US); Mario
Gerla (University of California at Los Angeles, US); Yantai Shu (Tianjin
University, CN)
 
Multirate-aware Multicast Routing in MANETs Uyen Trang Nguyen (York
University, CA)
 
Clustering mechanism with optimal hot spots for maximizing network lifetime
in wireless sensor networks Edward Chan (City University of Hong Kong, HK);
Mao Ye (City University of Hong Kong, HK)
 
Triangle-Arranged Method for Coverage with Connectivity in Large-Scale
Sensor Networks Congfu Xu (Zhejiang University, CN)
 
Opportunistic Routing in Dynamic Ad Hoc Networks: the OPRAH protocol Cedric
Westphal (Nokia Research Center, US)

Wireless Mesh Network Testbed
L. Iannone, K. Kabassanov, and S. Fdida (Universite Pierre et Marie Curie,
Paris France)

Dynamic Decision Support in Direct-Access Sensor Networks - a Demonstration
J. Hammer, I. Hassan, C. Julien (University of Florida) S. Kabadyi, W. J.
O'Brien, and J. Trujillo (University of Texas at Austin, US)

Dynamic Reconfiguration in the RUNES Middleware, G. Coulson (Lancaster
University, UK), R. Gold (University College London, UK), M. Lad (University
College London, UK) L. Mottola (Politecnico di Milano, Italy), G. Picco
(Politecnico di Milano, Italy), and S. Zachariadis (university College
London, UK)

===============================================

October 11, 2006, Wednesday
===========================

8:30am-10:00am Session 4: Cross Layer Design

An Integrated Scheme for Fully-Directional Neighbor Discovery and Topology
Management in Mobile Ad hoc Networks Ece Gelal (University of California,
Riverside, US); Gentian Jakllari (University of California,Riverside, US);
Srikanth Krishnamurthy (University of California, Riverside, US); Neal E.
Young (University of California, Riverside, US)
 
Cross-Layer Discovery and Routing in Reconfigurable Wireless Networks
Christine Julien (The University of Texas at Austin, US); Meenakshi
Venkataraman (The University of Texas at Austin, US)
 
Cross-layer Optimal Decision Policies for Spatial Diversity Forwarding in
Wireless Ad Hoc Networks Jing Ai (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, US);
Zhenzhen Ye (RPI, US); Alhussein Abouzeid (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
US)
 
Cross Layer Ad hoc Multiple channel Multicasting Protocol Ravindra
Vaishampayan (University of California Santa Cruz, US); J.J.
Garcia-Luna-Aceves (University of California at Santa Cruz, US)

==============================================
10:00am-10:30am Break

===============================================
10:30am-12:00pm Session 5: Power-aware and Energy-efficient Design

A New Power-Efficient Scheme to Deliver Time-Sensitive Data in Sensor
Networks Shanzhong Zhu (University of California, Riverside, US); Wei Wang
(University of California, Riverside, US); Chinya Ravishankar
(Universityiversity of California, Riverside, US)
 
Distributed Adaptive Power Control in IEEE 802.11 Wireless Networks Wang Hei
Ho (The Chinese University of Hong Kong, HK); Soung Chang Liew (The Chinese
University of Hong Kong, HK)
 
On the Energy Hole Problem of Nonuniform Node Distribution in Wireless
Sensor Networks Xiaobing Wu (Nanjing University, CN); Guihai Chen (Nanjing
University, CN); Sajal Das (The UniversityTexas at Arlington, US)
 
Energy Efficient Routing With Unreliable Links in Wireless Networks
Xiang-Yang Li (Illinois Institute of Technology, US); Yantai Shu (Tianjin
University, CN); Haiming Chen (Tianjin University, CN); Xiaowen Chu (Hong
Kong Baptist University, HK)

===============================================
12:00pm-1:30pm Lunch

===============================================
1:30pm-3:00pm Session 6: Routing in Ad Hoc Networks

QoS Routing for Real-time Applications in CDMA Based Ad Hoc Networks  Lin
Xiao (Queen Mary, University of London, UK); Eliane Bodanese (Queen Mary,
University of London, UK)
 
SSR: Segment-by-Segment Routing in Large-scale Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Jiannong Cao (Hong Kong Polytechnic Univ, HK); Lifan Zhang (The Central
South University, CN); Guojun Wang (The Central South University, CN); Hui
Cheng (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK)
 
Low Overhead and Scalable Proxied Adaptive Gateway Discovery for Mobile Ad
Hoc Networks  Francisco Ros (University of Murcia, ES); Pedro Ruiz
(University of Murcia, ES)
 
An Efficient Algorithm for Finding an Almost Connected Dominating Set of
Small Size on Wireless Ad Hoc Networks  Shietung Peng (HOSEI University, JP)

===============================================
3:00pm-3:15pm Break

===============================================
3:15pm-4:45pm Session 7: Reliability and Robustness
 
PriorityCast: Efficient and Time-Critical Decision Making in First Responder
Ad-Hoc Networks Vartika Bhandari (UIUC, US); Indranil Gupta (University of
Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, US)
 
Two Standards for Rigorous MANET Routing Protocol Evaluation Stuart
Kurkowski (Colorado School of Mines, US); Tracy Camp (Colorado School of
Mines, US); William Navidi (Colorado School of Mines, US)
 
ODAR: On-Demand Anonymous Routing in Ad Hoc Networks Lichun Bao (University
of California, Irvine, US); Rex Chen (University of California, Irvine, US);
Denh Sy (University of California, Irvine, US)
 
Robust Estimation and Detection in Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks Tanya Roosta
(UC Berkeley, US)

===============================================
4:45pm-5:00pm Break

===============================================
5:00pm-6:30pm Session 8: Middleware and Overlay

SENSTRAC: Scalable Querying of SENSor Networks from Mobile Platforms Using
TRACking-Style Queries  Stefan Pleisch (Cornell University, US); Ken Birman
(Cornell University, US)
 
An Push-based Paradigm for Environment-adaptive Application Reconfiguration
in Clustered Sensor Networks  Liang Liu (Beijing University of Post and
Telecommunications, CN)
 
A Distributed Approach for Building Ring-Like Overlays on Wireless Ad Hoc
and Sensor Networks  Amit Banerjee (National Tsing-Hua University, TW);
Chung-Ta King (National Tsing-Hua University, TW)
 
Ad-hoc Storage Overlay System (ASOS): A Delay-Tolerant Approach in MANETs
Guang Yang (University of California, Los Angeles, US); Ling-Jyh Chen
(Academia Sinica, TW); Tony Sun (UCLA, US); Kelvin Biao Zhou (UCLA, US);
Mario Gerla (University of California at Los Angeles, US)

===============================================

7:00pm-9:00pm Banquet & Dinner Speech

Title:   Wireless Tales from a Globetrotting Professor
Speaker: Prof. Vijay Bhargava
     Professor and Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering
         University of British Columbia, Vancouver

===============================================

October 12, 2006, Thursday
===========================

8:30am-9:30am Keynote Speech

Title:   Key Technologies for the Next Generation Network
Speaker: Dr. Krishan Sabnani,
         Senior Vice President of the Networking Research Laboratory
         Bell Labs Research of Lucent Technologies

==============================================
9:30am-10:00am Break

===============================================
10:00am-11:30pm Session 9: Localization

Distributed Boundary Estimation using Sensor Networks  Subhasri Duttagupta
(Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, IN); Krithi Ramamritham (Indian
Institute of Technology Bombay, IN); Parmesh Ramanathan (University of
Wisconsin at Madison, US)
 
Virtual Ruler: Mobile Beacon Based Distance Measurements for Indoor Sensor
Localization  Chen Wang (Michigan State University, US); Yong Ding (Michigan
State University, US); Li Xiao (Michigan State University, US)
 
Communication Area Based Positioning
 J|rgo Preden (Tallinn University of Technology, EE)
 
Localization Algorithm using Expected Hop Progress in Wireless Sensor
Networks  Yun Wang (University of Cincinnati, US); Xiaodong Wang (University
of Cincinnati, US); Demin Wang (Univ. of Cincinati, US); Dharma Agrawal
(UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI, US)

===============================================
11:30am-1:00pm Lunch

===============================================
1:00pm-2:30pm Session 10: Routing in Sensor Networks

Aligned Virtual Coordinates for Greedy Routing on WSNs Ke Liu (SUNY
Binghamton, US); Nael Abu-Ghazaleh (State University of New York,
Binghamton, US)
 
An Intelligent Agent Routing over Wireless Sensor Networks Huey-Ing Liu
(Fu-Jen Catholic University, TW); Chi-Chuan Liu (Fu-Jen Catholic University,
TW)
 
RGP: Active Route Guiding Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks with
Obstacles Chih-Yung Chang (Tamkang University, TW); Shih-Chieh Lee (Tamkang
University, TW); Ching-Chung Lin (Tamkang University, TW); Hsu-Ruey Chang
(Tamkang Univeristy, TW)
 
Apples, Oranges, and Testbeds
Koen Langendoen (Delft University of Technology, NL)

===============================================
2:30pm-4:00pm Session 11: Topology Control and Coverage
 
Energy-Efficient Target Coverage in Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks
Ionut Cardei (Florida Atlantic University, US); Mihaela Cardei (Florida
Atlantic University, US)
 
Dropped Edges and Faces' Size in Gabriel and Relative Neighborhood Graphs
Bratislav Milic (Humboldt University, Berlin, DE); Miroslav Malek (Humboldt
University of Berlin, DE)
 
Distributed Channel Assignment for Multi-radio Wireless Networks Minho Shin
(University of Maryland, College Park., US); Seungjoon Lee (University of
Maryland at College Park, US); Yoo-Ah Kim (University of Maryland, US)
 
A Dual Approach for The Worst-Case-Coverage Deployment Problem in Ad-Hoc
Wireless Sensor Networks Rung-Hung Gau (National Sun Yat-Sen University,
TW); Yi-Yang Peng (Asus Inc., TW)

===============================================
4:00pm-4:30pm Break

===============================================
4:30pm-6:00pm Session 12: Security and Trustworthiness

PLUS: Parameterized and Localized trUst management Scheme for sensor
networks security Zhiying Yao (ETRI, Korea, KR); Daeyoung Kim (Information
and Communications University, KR); Yoonmee Doh (ETRI, KR)
 
A Self-Configured Key Establishment Scheme for Large-Scale Sensor Networks
Fang Liu (George Washington University, US); Xiuzhen Cheng (George
Washington Univ, US)
 
S2RP: a Secure and Scalable Rekeying Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks
Ida Savino (University of Pisa, IT); Gianluca Dini (University of Pisa, IT)
 
Dynamic Authentication-Key Re-assignment for Reliable Report Delivery Weijia
Li (University of Pittsburgh, US); Youtao Zhang (University of Pittsburgh,
US); Jun Yang (Univ. of California, Riverside, US)

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pedro M. Ruiz, Ph.D.                    E-mail: [email-masked]
Fac. Informatica, Univ. of Murcia       Phone:  +34968364335
Campus de Espinardo s/n                 Fax:    +34968364151
E-30100, Espinardo, Murcia              www: ants.dif.um.es/~pedrom/
SPAIN
---------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6