Subject: Re: [Mip6] On a network-mobility solution based on Mobile IPv6

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:19:29 -0700

Behcet,

You are perfectly welcome to post such a message, but I think what would be 
more helpful is to engage in a dialog about what requirements the DT 
solution doesn't address that 3GPP2 thinks it should, rather than to say "we 
want this protocol that we designed to be accepted as the IETF standard for 
network-based mobility management." The quite fruitful collaboration between 
3GPP and IETF that resulted in IMS was the result of such a dialog. 3GPP did 
not come to IETF with a complete design and request that it be standardized, 
it was a partnership.

            jak

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Behcet Sarikaya" <[email-masked]>
To: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Mip6] On a network-mobility solution based on Mobile IPv6

Yes, an email has already been written which is the one by Stefano. If you 
like I can forward it to netlmm, just change MIP6 in the last sentence to 
netlmm and take it as input as follows (modified by myself not by Stefano).
>In conclusion, we think that the netlmm WG should take >on this work in
>order to meet a requirement of networks that will be >deployed in the
>near future.

What about that?

----- Original Message ----
From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
To: "Faccin, Stefano M" <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 12:32:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Mip6] On a network-mobility solution based on Mobile IPv6

So this is my response with my NETLMM WG chair hat on.

The NETLMM WG is working on a network-based mobility management protocol
that we believe is architecturally a good fit with the Internet. If there
are some problems or requirements that it doesn't solve for 3GPP2, then by
all means write a draft or an email and describe what those are. The WG is
having an interim meeting in Chicago next week, you're welcome to attend and
give input on the design team draft, which is meant to be a starting point
(but only a starting point, the final design is the responsibility of the WG
to develop). If you can't make it to Chicago, then by all means write a
draft or an email describing what the problems are that you see with the
protocol. The protocol is still under design, and the WG can discuss and
still accommodate changes, please engage in a dialog with the WG on it.

                    jak

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6 

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:19:29 -0700

Behcet,

            jak

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Behcet Sarikaya" <[email-masked]>
To: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Mip6] On a network-mobility solution based on Mobile IPv6

What about that?

----- Original Message ----
From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
To: "Faccin, Stefano M" <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 12:32:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Mip6] On a network-mobility solution based on Mobile IPv6

                    jak