Subject: [Mip6] CFP - ISWPC 2007, San Juan, Pureto Rico

From: "Boon Sain Yeo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:33:32 +0800

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing 2007
                            (ISWPC 2007)
             5-7 February 2007, San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
                     http://www.iswpc.org/2007/

                      Technically Sponsored By
IEEE Communications Society and IEEE Vehicular Technology Society

                      Hosted By
University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez

     *** Submission Deadline Extended --  September 15, 2006 ****

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

Wireless pervasive computing is a rapidly growing area that has attracted
significant attention due to its potential impact on the quality of
lifestyles of individuals. To enable wireless pervasive computing, it is
necessary to integrate technologies from the fields of communications,
signal processing, distributed computing, and numerous other fields. The aim
of this symposium is to provide a platform for researchers in the area of
wireless pervasive computing and related areas to showcase their results,
launch new ideas, as well as to interact with colleagues from these areas.

The scope of the symposium covers all enabling technologies of wireless
pervasive computing. This includes a huge variety of topics ranging from
wireless communications and networking to services and applications of
pervasive computing. A series of panel and tutorials will also seek to
inform and invoke interaction among researchers which are interested in this
area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS OF INTEREST (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING)

+Ad hoc networks
+Air interfaces (e.g. CDMA, OFDM, TDMA)
+Bluetooth technologies
+Coding and modulation techniques
+Cognitive rFrom [email-masked] Sat Sep 02 00:25:58 2006
From: "Boon Sain Yeo" <[email-masked]>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:33:32 +0800
Cc: 
Subject: [Mip6] CFP - ISWPC 2007, San Juan, Pureto Rico

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing 2007
                            (ISWPC 2007)
             5-7 February 2007, San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
                     http://www.iswpc.org/2007/

                      Technically Sponsored By
IEEE Communications Society and IEEE Vehicular Technology Society

                      Hosted By
University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez

     *** Submission Deadline Extended --  September 15, 2006 ****

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

Wireless pervasive computing is a rapidly growing area that has attracted
significant attention due to its potential impact on the quality of
lifestyles of individuals. To enable wireless pervasive computing, it is
necessary to integrate technologies from the fields of communications,
signal processing, distributed computing, and numerous other fields. The aim
of this symposium is to provide a platform for researchers in the area of
wireless pervasive computing and related areas to showcase their results,
launch new ideas, as well as to interact with colleagues from these areas.

The scope of the symposium covers all enabling technologies of wireless
pervasive computing. This includes a huge variety of topics ranging from
wireless communications and networking to services and applications of
pervasive computing. A series of panel and tutorials will also seek to
inform and invoke interaction among researchers which are interested in this
area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS OF INTEREST (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING)

+Ad hoc networks
+Air interfaces (e.g. CDMA, OFDM, TDMA)
+Bluetooth technologies
+Coding and modulation techniques
+Cognitive radio
+Cooperative communications technologies
+Cross-layer design
+Detection and estimation
+Diversity techniques & equalization
+Dynamic spectrum management
+Healthcare applications
+Hybrid wireless networks
+Interference avoidance
+Interoperation of WLAN and other wireless systems
+Localization and tracking techniques
+Location management techniques
+Middleware
+MIMO systems
+Multimedia systems
+Multirate and multicarrier communications
+Multi-user Detection
+PCS, GPRS, EDGE, 3GPP, UMTS, GSM and B3G systems
+Power control
+Programmable radio
+Propagation and channel characterization
+QoS Support in wireless systems
+Resource management and interference management
+RF systems
+Security applications
+Signal processing
+Signal separation and interference rejection
+Speech and videprocessing
+Switching and routing techniques
+UWB
+Wearable devices
+WiMAX
+Wireless access techniques
+Wireless multicasting
+Wireless multimedia
+Wireless network architecture
+Wireless security
+Wireless sensor networks
+Wireless systems design
+WLANs and WPANs

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Acceptance will be based on an extended abstract of about 1500 words (two
pages in the standard IEEE conference format). The extended abstract should
include diagrams, initial results, and details required for the reviewers to
assess the contribution of your work. A short summary of approximately 150
words is also required at the time of submission of the extended abstract.
Extended abstracts must be submitted electronically by August 20, 2006 , via
EDAS (http://edas.info). Proceedings of the conference will be available on
IEEE Xplore after the event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PANEL SESSIONS & TUTORIALS

Proposals for Tutorial and Panel Sessions are also being solicited.
Tutorials (half-day or full-day sessions) are intended to provide in-depth
learning on a specific topic of interest to the participants.
Panel sessions are 60 minutes long. They present leaders in a particular
area discussing a topic of interest within the scope of the symposium.
Proposals for Tutorials and Panel sessions should consist of 1000 words
summary, a 150 word abstract, and a cover page listing the details of the
author(s). For further details, please contact either the Tutorial Chair,
Prof. Xiaoyan Hong ([email-masked]), or Panel Chair, Prof. Wilson Rivera
([email-masked]).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES

Submission of Papers, proposals for tutorials and panel sessions:
=>  September 15, 2006
Notification of Acceptance:
=>  October 13, 2006
Submission of camera-ready versions of accepted papers:
=>  November 24, 2006

----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6