Subject: [Mip6] [issue84] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-07.txt

From: admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:27:59 +0000

New submission from admin <[email-masked]>:

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-07.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call
comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-07.txt
Title: Mobile IPv6 Operation with IKEv2 and the revised IPSec
   Architecture
Review Date:  Nov. 14, 2006
IESG Telechat date:  Nov. 16, 2006

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC.

The draft describes Mobile IPv6 operations with respect to the revised
IPSec architecture [RFC4301] and IKEv2 [RFC4306].  These revisions
contain enough changes in them to warrant an update to RFC3776, the RFC
that this document updates.

Some nits and additional feedback follows:

1) In S4, the authors state that "Many of the requirements are repeated
  from RFC3776 to make this document self-contained and complete."
  There are a fair number of requirements in subsequent sub-sections.
  It may help if the authors tag each requirement that was already
  present in RFC3776, so the reader can see which new requirement was
  generated by this draft.

2) Nit: S6.1, under heading "mobile node SPD-S:"
    s/=BU/= BU/

3) In S9, first full paragraph of Page 22: "In case the home agent ...
  an INTERNAL_ADDRESS_FAILURE message."  If a mobile node gets an
  INTERNAL_ADDRESS_FAILURE message, does it make sense to specify
  what should it do, if anything?

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)

----------
category: Editorial
draft: draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec
messages: 272
nosy: admin
priority: Should fix
status: Pending
title: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-07.txt

_________________________________________________
Mip6 issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mip6/issue84>
_________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6