Subject: [Mip6] Call for Papers: MOBIQUITOUS 2007

From: "Antonio Capone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:10:35 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.
--

========================================================================
                          CALL FOR PAPERS

                          MOBIQUITOUS 2007 
The 4th Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems:
                   Computing, Networking and Services
                      http://www.mobiquitous.org
                    August 6-10, 2007 - Philadelphia, PA
========================================================================

The combination of mobile and ubiquitous computing is emerging as a
promising new paradigm. Through the use of mobile devices and devices
embedded in the surrounding physical environments, users can be provided
transparent computing and communication services at all times and in all
places. The complexity of providing such services stems from the fact that
the communication devices and the objects with which they interact may both
be mobile. The implementation of such a paradigm requires advances in
wireless network technologies and devices, development of infrastructures
supporting cognitive environments, discovery and identification of
ubiquitous computing applications and services, and an understanding of the
cross-layer interactions between all of these components. 
The Fourth Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems:

Computing, Networking and Services (Mobiquitous-07) will provide a forum
where practitioners and researchers coming from many areas involved in
ubiquitous solutions, design and deployment will be able to interact and
exchange experiences needed to build successful ubiquitous systems. Areas
addressed by the conference include applications, service-oriented
computing, middleware, networking, agents, data management and services, all
with special focus on mobility and ubiquitous computing.

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished
research, not currently under review by another conference or journal, are
solicited. 
Technical papers clearly identifying how the specific contributions fit to
an overall working solution are particularly of interest. Topics include,
but are not limited to, the following feature topics as applied to mobile
and ubiquitous environments:

- Ubiquitous architectures, systems and applications
- Wearable computing and personal area networks
- Wireless technologies for mobile and ubiquitous
    (Bluetooth, ZigBee, 802.15.x, WiFi)
- Wireless Internet access in ubiquitous systems
- Ad hoc and sensor networks support for ubiquitous computing
- Reconfigurability and personalization of wireless networks
- Wireless/mobile service management and delivery
- Security, privacy and social issues of mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Service and knowledge discovery, matching and composition mechanisms
- Location-based services and tracking in ubiquitous environments
- Context- and location-aware applications
- Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, and mobile systems
- Context modeling, services and frameworks
- Toolkits, testbeds, development environments, and languages for
     ubiquitous computing
- Rapid prototyping of ubiquitous applications
- Ontologies for mobile and ubiquitous computing
- Mobile and ubiquitous data management and processing
- Data replication, migration and dissemination in ubiquitous environments
- Queries, transactions and workflows in mobile and ubiquitous environments
- Multimodal interfaces (speech, video kinetic, tactile)

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: All paper submissions will be handled
electronically (see the conference web page for details). Authors should
prepare an Adobe Acrobat PDF version of their full paper. Papers must not
exceed 8 pages double column (US Letter size, 8.5 x 11 inches) including
text, figures and references. The font size must be at least 10 points.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the
international technical program committee. Accepted papers will be published
in the conference proceedings. Papers of particular merit will be proposed
for publication in the ACM/Kluwer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET)
journal.

WORKSHOPS: Four workshops will be run in conjunction with the conference.
The purpose of these workshops is to discuss work in progress and explore
opportunities for new research related to mobile and ubiquitous systems: 
computing, networking and services. Proposals for workshops should be at
most four pages in length and should be submitted to Dr. Suman Banerjee by
February 1, 2007.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Workshop Proposal Deadline: February 1, 2007 
Paper Registration Deadline: March 13, 2007 
Paper Submission Deadline: March 20, 2007 
Notification of Acceptance: May 4, 2007 
Camera-ready Manuscripts due: June 4, 2007

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

GENERAL CHAIR:
Guohong Cao, The Pennsylvania State University

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CHAIR:
Robin Kravets, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:
Anind Dey, Carnegie Mellon University
Hui Lei, IBM

WORKSHOP CHAIR:
Suman Banerjee, University of Wisconsin-Madison

DEMO CHAIR:
Hao Zhu, Florida International University

POSTER CHAIR:
Al Harris, Universita di Padova
Dong Xuan, Ohio State University

FINANCE CHAIR:
Karen Decker, ICST

PUBLICATION CHAIR:
Cristina Nita-Rotaru, Purdue university

PUBLICITY CHAIR:
Antonio Capone, Politecnico di Milano
Wensheng Zhang, Iowa State University

LOCAL CHAIR:
Zhen Jiang, West Chester University of Pennsylvania

WEB CHAIR:
Hui Song, Penn State University

CONFERENCE COORDINATOR
Anna Rieger, ICST

STEERING COMMITTEE
Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net (chair)
Fausto Giunchiglia, University of Trento Tom La Porta, Penn State University
Chiara Petrioli, Universita di Roma "La Sapienza"
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore County Michele Zorzi,
Universita di Padova

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
See  http://www.mobiquitous.org

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6