Subject: [Mip6] [issue89] Use of PAD and SPD representation

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:01:29 +0000

New submission from Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>:

Pasi Eronen wrote:

1) Section 4 says "The home agent MAY use the Peer Authorization
   Database (PAD) [5] to store per-mobile node state."

   In RFC4301 the PAD is not some optional component of IPsec that may
   or may not be used; it is always present and always used (although
   in some cases it might not contain per-MN state).

<snip>

6) Section 7.1: These SPD entries do not follow anything in RFC4301;
   instead, they mix information that would be present in PAD as well.
   This section should also definitely consider PAD, as it is the 
   part of RFC4301 that prevents one MN for creating SAs for another 
   MN's home address.

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec
messages: 291
nosy: vijay
priority: Must fix
status: Pending
title: Use of PAD and SPD representation

_________________________________________________
Mip6 issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mip6/issue89>
_________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6