Subject: [Mip6] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Why Authentication Data suboption is needed for MIP6
	Author(s)       : B. Patil, G. Dommety
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-02-25

Mobile IPv6 defines a set of messages that enable the mobile node
(MN) to authenticate and perform registration with its home agent
(HA).  These authentication signaling messages between the mobile
node and home agent are secured by an IPsec SA that is established
between the MN and HA.  The MIP6 working group has specified a
mechanism to secure the binding update and binding acknowledgement
messages using an authentication option, similar to the
authentication option in Mobile IPv4, carried within the messages
that are exchanged between the MN and HA to establish a binding.
This document provides the justifications as to why the
authentication option mechanism was needed for Mobile IPv6 deployment
in certain environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:22:12 +0100

Subject: [Mip6] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-05.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <mip6.ietf.org>

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext