Subject: [MEXT] a few editorial bugs in RFC 3775

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:54:02 +0200

I was going through the RFC 3775 the other day and noticed a few
editorial bugs. These should be remembered and fixed when there is a bis
version:

Section 6.5 points to the wrong (obsoleted) RFC 2373 even if the
reference list itself is correct. This was actually a bug introduced
during RFC Editor process as they updated to the most recent RFCs, not
caught by the authors:

OLD:
   all prefix lengths other than those defined in RFC 2373 [3, 35].)
NEW:
   all prefix lengths other than those defined in RFC 3513 [3, 35].)

Section 9.3.2 has incorrect capitalization of a keyword:

OLD:
   However, the sending node MUST not do this in the following cases
NEW:
   However, the sending node MUST NOT do this in the following cases

Same issue exists in Section 10.6.4:

OLD:
   the lifetime returned by the home agent in a Binding Acknowledgement
MUST not be greater than the
   remaining valid lifetime
NEW:
   the lifetime returned by the home agent in a Binding Acknowledgement
MUST NOT be greater than the
   remaining valid lifetime

And section 11.7.3:

OLD:
   The Binding Authorization Data mobility option, if present, MUST be
the last option and MUST not have trailing padding.
NEW:
   The Binding Authorization Data mobility option, if present, MUST be
the last option and MUST NOT have trailing padding.

Missing closing parenthesis in Section 10.4.2:

OLD:
   Multicast packets addressed to a multicast address with
   a scope larger than link-local, but smaller than global (e.g., site-
   local and organization-local [3], to which the mobile node is
   subscribed, SHOULD NOT be tunneled to the mobile node.
NEW:
   Multicast packets addressed to a multicast address with
   a scope larger than link-local, but smaller than global (e.g., site-
   local and organization-local [3]), to which the mobile node is
   subscribed, SHOULD NOT be tunneled to the mobile node.

Jari

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext