Subject: [Mip6] CF Workshops: Tridentcom 2009 Submission Deadline Extended to Oct. 15

From: Tuanche Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:10:54 +0800

=================================
Our apologies for duplicate copies of this call
=================================

Call for Workshops

5th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures
for the Development of Networks & Communities (Tridentcom 2009)
April 6-8, 2009, Washington D.C., USA
http://www.tridentcom.org/

Sponsored by: ICST
Technically co-Sponsored by:
- CREATE-NET
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
- ACM SIGARCH
- Panlab

TridentCom 2009 represents a landmark in the history of international
testbed conferences. With the rapid convergence of networks and
applications, changes in related industries, more complex value chains
and increased competition, early prototyping and experimentation will
become a key means for driving innovation and development of market
oriented solutions. In this context, value generation has shifted from
network technologies towards applications and content. Thus, the nature
and scope of testbeds have changed substantially in recent years from
solely network technologies towards complex service delivery
infrastructures riding on various networks. In contrast to traditional
vendor, operator and technology specific "closed" testbeds, the notion
of "open" testbeds has emerged. "Open" in this context means both wide
access as a shared resource and extensibility to include on-demand new
end systems, network technologies, protocol stacks, and, most
importantly, new middleware and service delivery platforms for specific
test purposes. To meet this need, major research and development
programs have started around the globe, including GENI in the U.S. and
FIRE in Europe, to establish large scale experimental facilities.
TridentCom 2009 will provide a forum to explore existing and planned
testbed concepts, infrastructures, and tools to address the research and
business challenges in a world of global convergence.

TRIDENTCOM 2009 will feature several one-day or half-day workshops on
topics closely related to or complementing the conference theme. The
workshops will focus on latest advances in more focused and active
research topics, and aim to provide the unique opportunities of close
interaction with researchers with common interests, fostering future
collaborations, and leveraging the impact of projects in selected areas.

We cordially invite submissions of workshop proposals. Workshop
proposals on emerging topics that are likely to generate significant
interest and impact in the research community, will be highly preferred.
Workshop papers will be published in the TRIDENTCOM 2009 proceedings,
which will be included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and then
indexed by Engineering Information (EI).

The TRIDENTCOM 2009 organizing committee will provide basic support for
the workshop in form of registration, publicity, a meeting room,
publication, and help in arranging meal service for the workshop. The
workshop organizer will control the submission and review process of the
workshop separately from the main conference. The deadlines for
submission for workshop papers may be later than that of the main
conference.

A workshop proposal submission should include the following items:
------------------------------------------------------------------
- Motivation and rationale for the workshop
- Names, affiliations, and contact information of main organizers, as
well as tentative compositions of the organizing and technical program
committees
- Expected number of submissions
- Target audience/participants and expected attendance
- Prior history of this workshop (if applicable)
- A draft Call for Papers, including the important dates (paper
submission deadline, notification date, cam-ready paper deadline, and
suggested workshop date).

Please contact the TPC Co-Chair for additional information:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Magedanz
TU Berlin, Fokus
Fraunhofer, Germany
[email-masked]

Shiwen Mao
Auburn University, USA
[email-masked]

Workshop Proposal Dates (tentative):
------------------------------------
Workshop proposals due: October 15, 2008
Notification of acceptance: October 15, 2008
Workshop papers due: December 15, 2008
Workshop papers notification: January 15, 2009
Submission of camera-ready papers: February 15, 2009

========================================

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6