Subject: [Mip6] Weedev 2009: Deadline Extended

From: Tuanche Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:32:21 +0800

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this mail
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	2nd Workshop on Experimental Evaluation and Deployment
	   Experiences on Vehicular networks (WEEDEV 2009)
                  April 6, 2009, Washington DC, USA
                (in conjunction with TRIDENTCOM 2009)

The 2nd Workshop on Experimental Evaluation and Deployment Experiences on
Vehicular networks (WEEDEV 2009) http://www.weedev.org/ will be held in
conjunction with the 5th International Conference on Testbeds and Research
Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TridentCom
2009), on April 6th ~ 8th, 2009, in Washington DC, USA.
http://www.tridentcom.org/. WEEDEV 2009 focuses on experimental and deployment
experiences in vehicular networks.

Nowadays, vehicular networks technology is
entering a critical phase where academia, industry and governments worldwide
are investing significant time and resources on the large-scale deployment of
these networks so that their benefits in the road safety and improvement of
traffic flow could be leveraged. Still, a number of technical challenges need
to be resolved in order that these networks could be widely deployed and used
in our daily life. This motivates the need for real tests, field trials, and
experimental evaluations for the different technological solutions and aspects
in such networks.
 
This workshop aims to present and discuss the recent advances and experimental
evaluation in the development of vehicular networks and ITS application, and to
disseminate the most advanced ideas and solutions in the field.

Submitted papers should have practical evaluation and/or deployment experiences
as their main subject or they should use experiments to validate their
modeling/analysis results. 

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

* Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
* Dedicated Short Range Communications (DSRC) for ITS 
* Heterogeneous wireless technologies in vehicular networks
* Mobility management in vehicular networks and NEMO  
* Ad hoc and mesh routing for vehicular networks
* IPv6 Address configuration for vehicular networks
* Security in vehicular communication (authentication, access control,
  confidentiality, services' authorization, ..)
* QoS in vehicular networks
* Geographic routing and addressing
* Sensor networks and technologies for vehicular networks
* Smart antenna in vehicular networks 
* Digital maps and location technologies  
* Data collection and cooperation between vehicles

Accepted papers will be included in the TridentCom09 conference proceedings and
the IEEE Xplore digital library and will be indexed by EI. Best papers of the
workshop will be considered for further publication in a forthcoming Special
issue (4th quarter 2009) of the International Journal of Internet Protocol
Technology. https://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=144

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

Submitted papers must be no longer than 8 double-column pages, including
references, figures and tables, formatted according to the IEEE 8.5" x 11"
proceedings format. 

WORKSHOP COMMITTEE:

General Chair:
Dr. Hassnaa Moustafa, France Telecom R&D (Orange Labs) - France
E-mail: [email-masked]

TPC Chair:
Dr. Carlos J. Bernardos, University of Carlos III in Madrid (UC3M) - Spain
E-mail: [email-masked]

Technical Program Committee:
Fernando Boavida, University of Coimbra - Portugal
Yan Zhang, Simula Research Laboratory - Norway
Maria Calderon, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - Spain
Carlos J. Bernardos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - Spain
Hassnaa Moustafa, Orange Labs - France
Sherali Zeadally, University of the District of Columbia - USA
Thierry Ernst, INRIA - France
Xiuzhen (Susan) Cheng, The George Washington University - USA
Roberto Baldessari, NEC Laboratories Europe - Germany
Carolina Pinart, Telef髇ica I+D - Spain
Andreas Festag, NEC Laboratories Europe - Germany
Massimiliano Lenardi, Hitachi Europe - France
Manuel Fernandez Veiga, Universidad de Vigo - Spain
Ignacio Soto, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - Spain
Nader Moayeri, National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST) - USA
Sidi-Mohamed Senouci, Orange Labs - France
Weidong Xiang, University of Michigan - USA
Tamer Nadeem, Siemens Research Corporate - USA
Wassim Haddad, Qualcomm - USA
Pablo Vidales, Deutsche Telekom Laboratories - Germany
Yi Qian, National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST) - USA
Houda Labiod, Telecom ParisTech - France
David Cottingham, University of Cambridge - UK

Important Dates:

Paper submission deadline: January 12, 2009.
Papers Notification: February 5, 2009.
Submission of Camera-ready papers: February 15, 2009.
Workshop date: April 6th 2009.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6