Subject: [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] way forward with the DT

From: "Stefano Faccin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:58:43 -0700

Hello all,

I'd like to address with you some observations and concerns on the
progress of the DT work. I think MIPSHOP has in this moment the unique
opportunity of creating a tool that can benefit other standards fora.
Specifically, in 3GPP there are some work items that can be benefit from
the adoption of IEEE 802.21 mechanisms, but in some cases an IP-layer
transport for MIH is needed. Timing is of the essence, since 3GPP is
discussing these aspects now, and we should try to avoid missing the
train.

Therefore, I'd like for the DT to push forward ASAP not only with the PS
draft, but also with a solution draft. My goal would be to have a PS
draft v02 in July, and a solution draft v00 created by the Jule 2nd
deadline for 00 draft. Yes, this is aggressive, but I believe that has
already been a lot of discussion and now it is time to do some concrete
work towards a solution.

I've asked Telemaco to proceed as editor of the PS draft and, given the
good job he has done so far, to also act as editor for the solution
draft. This would guarantee continuity in the effort. Telemaco kindly
accepted, and I'd like to thank him for that. Robert will continue in
his role as DT leader, though due to other work engagements his
bandwidth is somehow reduced. Please let me know if you have concerns
with that.

Keep up the good work!

Stefano

_______________________________________________
MIPSHOP-MIH-DT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop-mih-dt

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:46:14 -0500

Hi Stefano,
 
One other suggestion is to break the draft up into pieces and get
different members of the design team to focus on some parts of the
draft.  Telemaco, would you want to take the current draft and figure
out what pieces need to be worked on and we can assign them to different
dt members.  At least for me, this would make a much easier way for me
to dig into the current document.
 
thanks,
John

________________________________

	From: ext Stefano Faccin [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: 05 June, 2007 09:59
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] way forward with the DT

	Hello all,

	I'd like to address with you some observations and concerns on
the progress of the DT work. I think MIPSHOP has in this moment the
unique opportunity of creating a tool that can benefit other standards
fora. Specifically, in 3GPP there are some work items that can be
benefit from the adoption of IEEE 802.21 mechanisms, but in some cases
an IP-layer transport for MIH is needed. Timing is of the essence, since
3GPP is discussing these aspects now, and we should try to avoid missing
the train.

	Therefore, I'd like for the DT to push forward ASAP not only
with the PS draft, but also with a solution draft. My goal would be to
have a PS draft v02 in July, and a solution draft v00 created by the
Jule 2nd deadline for 00 draft. Yes, this is aggressive, but I believe
that has already been a lot of discussion and now it is time to do some
concrete work towards a solution.

	I've asked Telemaco to proceed as editor of the PS draft and,
given the good job he has done so far, to also act as editor for the
solution draft. This would guarantee continuity in the effort. Telemaco
kindly accepted, and I'd like to thank him for that. Robert will
continue in his role as DT leader, though due to other work engagements
his bandwidth is somehow reduced. Please let me know if you have
concerns with that.

	Keep up the good work!

	Stefano

---

From: Sam Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:24:43 +0800

I agree with john. Come up with the rough framework ASAP and break the
framework in pieces.
I hope we can have a v00 draft before the deadline.

 Best Regards, Sam Xia 

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 2:46 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] way forward with the DT

Hi Stefano,
 
One other suggestion is to break the draft up into pieces and get different
members of the design team to focus on some parts of the draft.  Telemaco,
would you want to take the current draft and figure out what pieces need to
be worked on and we can assign them to different dt members.  At least for
me, this would make a much easier way for me to dig into the current
document.
 
thanks,
John

  _____  

Hello all,

I'd like to address with you some observations and concerns on the progress
of the DT work. I think MIPSHOP has in this moment the unique opportunity of
creating a tool that can benefit other standards fora. Specifically, in 3GPP
there are some work items that can be benefit from the adoption of IEEE
802.21 mechanisms, but in some cases an IP-layer transport for MIH is
needed. Timing is of the essence, since 3GPP is discussing these aspects
now, and we should try to avoid missing the train.

Therefore, I'd like for the DT to push forward ASAP not only with the PS
draft, but also with a solution draft. My goal would be to have a PS draft
v02 in July, and a solution draft v00 created by the Jule 2nd deadline for
00 draft. Yes, this is aggressive, but I believe that has already been a lot
of discussion and now it is time to do some concrete work towards a
solution.

I've asked Telemaco to proceed as editor of the PS draft and, given the good
job he has done so far, to also act as editor for the solution draft. This
would guarantee continuity in the effort. Telemaco kindly accepted, and I'd
like to thank him for that. Robert will continue in his role as DT leader,
though due to other work engagements his bandwidth is somehow reduced.
Please let me know if you have concerns with that.

Keep up the good work!

Stefano

---

From: "Stefano Faccin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 18:26:02 -0700

Ok, it all sounds good. Who's taking the ball and rolling with it?

Stefano

From: Sam Xia [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:25 PM
To: [email-masked]; Stefano Faccin; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] way forward with the DT

 Best Regards, Sam Xia 

	Hi Stefano,

	One other suggestion is to break the draft up into pieces and
get different members of the design team to focus on some parts of the
draft.  Telemaco, would you want to take the current draft and figure
out what pieces need to be worked on and we can assign them to different
dt members.  At least for me, this would make a much easier way for me
to dig into the current document.

	thanks,

	John

		Hello all,

		I'd like to address with you some observations and
concerns on the progress of the DT work. I think MIPSHOP has in this
moment the unique opportunity of creating a tool that can benefit other
standards fora. Specifically, in 3GPP there are some work items that can
be benefit from the adoption of IEEE 802.21 mechanisms, but in some
cases an IP-layer transport for MIH is needed. Timing is of the essence,
since 3GPP is discussing these aspects now, and we should try to avoid
missing the train.

		Therefore, I'd like for the DT to push forward ASAP not
only with the PS draft, but also with a solution draft. My goal would be
to have a PS draft v02 in July, and a solution draft v00 created by the
Jule 2nd deadline for 00 draft. Yes, this is aggressive, but I believe
that has already been a lot of discussion and now it is time to do some
concrete work towards a solution.

		I've asked Telemaco to proceed as editor of the PS draft
and, given the good job he has done so far, to also act as editor for
the solution draft. This would guarantee continuity in the effort.
Telemaco kindly accepted, and I'd like to thank him for that. Robert
will continue in his role as DT leader, though due to other work
engagements his bandwidth is somehow reduced. Please let me know if you
have concerns with that.

		Keep up the good work!

		Stefano

---

From: Telemaco Melia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:44:03 +0200

I just sent my proposal.
tele

Stefano Faccin wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> *From:* Sam Xia [mailto:[email-masked]]
> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:25 PM
> *To:* [email-masked]; Stefano Faccin; [email-masked]
> *Subject:* RE: [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] way forward with the DT
>
>  
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>     *From:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>     *Sent:* Wednesday, June 06, 2007 2:46 AM
>     *To:* [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>     *Subject:* RE: [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] way forward with the DT
>
>     Hi Stefano,
>
>      
>
>     draft.  Telemaco, would you want to take the current draft and
>     figure out what pieces need to be worked on and we can assign them
>     to different dt members.  At least for me, this would make a much
>     easier way for me to dig into the current document.
>
>      
>
>     thanks,
>
>     John
>
>          
>
>         ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>         *From:* ext Stefano Faccin [mailto:[email-masked]]
>         *Sent:* 05 June, 2007 09:59
>         *To:* [email-masked]
>         *Subject:* [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] way forward with the DT
>
>         Hello all,
>
>         the progress of the DT work. I think MIPSHOP has in this
>         moment the unique opportunity of creating a tool that can
>         benefit other standards fora. Specifically, in 3GPP there are
>         some work items that can be benefit from the adoption of IEEE
>         802.21 mechanisms, but in some cases an IP-layer transport for
>         MIH is needed. Timing is of the essence, since 3GPP is
>         discussing these aspects now, and we should try to avoid
>         missing the train.
>
>          
>
>         with the PS draft, but also with a solution draft. My goal
>         would be to have a PS draft v02 in July, and a solution draft
>         v00 created by the Jule 2^nd deadline for 00 draft. Yes, this
>         is aggressive, but I believe that has already been a lot of
>         discussion and now it is time to do some concrete work towards
>         a solution.
>
>          
>
>         given the good job he has done so far, to also act as editor
>         for the solution draft. This would guarantee continuity in the
>         effort. Telemaco kindly accepted, and I'd like to thank him
>         for that. Robert will continue in his role as DT leader,
>         though due to other work engagements his bandwidth is somehow
>         reduced. Please let me know if you have concerns with that.
>
>          
>
>         Keep up the good work!
>
>          
>
>         Stefano
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "Stefano Faccin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:46:37 -0700

I saw it, thanks. Thanks for taking the initiative. It looks like a
reasonable break down to me.

Stefano

From: Telemaco Melia [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 9:44 AM
To: Stefano Faccin
Cc: Sam Xia; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] way forward with the DT

I just sent my proposal.
tele

Stefano Faccin wrote: 

Stefano

 Best Regards, Sam Xia 

	Hi Stefano,

	thanks,

	John

		Hello all,

		Keep up the good work!

		Stefano