Subject: [MIPSHOP-MIH-DT] Reminder for contributions

From: Telemaco Melia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:56:09 +0200

This is a gentle reminder for the contributions due on August the 9th as 
agreed last week.
Assignment:
- Gabor: DNS, DHCP options
- Subir, JC, Tele rest of the sections

I attach the TOC revised according to Subir's comments.
Still the section on message specs is in. We can discuss about this 
later on.

tele

Mipshop WG                                                 T. Melia, Ed.
Internet-Draft                                                       NEC
Intended status: Standards Track                                  S. Xia
Expires: January 25, 2008                                         Huawei
                                                               N. Golmie
                                                                    NIST
                                                                 H. Jang
                                                                 Samsung
                                                                  S. Das
                                                               Telcordia
                                                                G. Bajko
                                                                   Nokia
                                                              JC. Zuniga
                                                            InterDigital
                                                           July 24, 2007

              Mobility Services Transport Protocol Design
                   draft-xxx-mipshop-mstp-solution-00

Status of this Memo

   By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents that any
   applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he or she is aware
   have been or will be disclosed, and any of which he or she becomes
   aware will be disclosed, in accordance with Section 6 of BCP 79.

   Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
   other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
   Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

   This Internet-Draft will expire on January 25, 2008.

Copyright Notice

   Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).

Melia, et al.           Expires January 25, 2008                [Page 1]

Internet-Draft                    MSTP                         July 2007

Abstract

   To be edited.

Requirements Language

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

Table of Contents

   1.  Introduction  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
   2.  Solution Overview . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
     2.1.  Architecture (functional elements?) . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
       2.1.1.  MIHF Identifiers (FQDN, NAI)  . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
     2.2.  Deployment Scenarios  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
   3.  Node Discovery  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
   4.  MIH Transport . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
   5.  Operation Flows . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
   6.  Message specifications  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
   7.  IANA Considerations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
   8.  Security Considerations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
   9.  Acknowledgements  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
   10. References  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
     10.1. Normative References  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
     10.2. Informative References  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
   Authors' Addresses  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
   Intellectual Property and Copyright Statements  . . . . . . . . . . 7

Melia, et al.           Expires January 25, 2008                [Page 2]

Internet-Draft                    MSTP                         July 2007

1.  Introduction

   Introduce the document, its structure and scope of the solution.

2.  Solution Overview

   Give a general overview of how the MN and network nodes are supposed
   to work.  Divide the problem space in node discovery and transport.

2.1.  Architecture (functional elements?)

   Not sure if it is a subsection or not, but we need to describe the MN
   and the NN.

2.1.1.  MIHF Identifiers (FQDN, NAI)

2.2.  Deployment Scenarios

   From the slides.

3.  Node Discovery

   DHCP, DNS, IS

4.  MIH Transport

   MIH transport considerations (latency, congestion control and
   reliability)

5.  Operation Flows

   Include here flows for each of the scenarios we want to support.

6.  Message specifications

   propose extensions for the missing parts (we can have them here for
   the time being and split later on)

7.  IANA Considerations

   Requests to IANA .

Melia, et al.           Expires January 25, 2008                [Page 3]

Internet-Draft                    MSTP                         July 2007

8.  Security Considerations

   Information from a trusted source, Security association management,
   Security association management

9.  Acknowledgements

   ....

10.  References

10.1.  Normative References

   [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
              Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

10.2.  Informative References

   [Anchor]   "", 2005.

Authors' Addresses

   Telemaco Melia (editor)
   NEC

   Phone:
   Fax:
   Email:
   URI:

   Sam Xia
   Huawei

   Phone:
   Fax:
   Email:
   URI:

Melia, et al.           Expires January 25, 2008                [Page 4]

Internet-Draft                    MSTP                         July 2007

   Nada Golmie
   NIST

   Phone:
   Fax:
   Email:
   URI:

   Heejin Jang
   Samsung

   Phone:
   Fax:
   Email:
   URI:

   Subir Das
   Telcordia

   Phone:
   Fax:
   Email:
   URI:

   Gabor Bajko
   Nokia

   Phone:
   Fax:
   Email:
   URI:

Melia, et al.           Expires January 25, 2008                [Page 5]

Internet-Draft                    MSTP                         July 2007

   Juan Carlos Zuniga
   InterDigital

   Phone:
   Fax:
   Email:
   URI:

Melia, et al.           Expires January 25, 2008                [Page 6]

Internet-Draft                    MSTP                         July 2007

Full Copyright Statement

   Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).

   This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
   contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
   retain all their rights.

   This document and the information contained herein are provided on an
   "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE REPRESENTS
   OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE IETF TRUST AND
   THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS
   OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF
   THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED
   WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Intellectual Property

   The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
   Intellectual Property Rights or other rights that might be claimed to
   pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described in
   this document or the extent to which any license under such rights
   might or might not be available; nor does it represent that it has
   made any independent effort to identify any such rights.  Information
   on the procedures with respect to rights in RFC documents can be
   found in BCP 78 and BCP 79.

   Copies of IPR disclosures made to the IETF Secretariat and any
   assurances of licenses to be made available, or the result of an
   attempt made to obtain a general license or permission for the use of
   such proprietary rights by implementers or users of this
   specification can be obtained from the IETF on-line IPR repository at
   http://www.ietf.org/ipr.

   The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
   copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
   rights that may cover technology that may be required to implement
   this standard.  Please address the information to the IETF at
   [email-masked].

Acknowledgment

   Funding for the RFC Editor function is provided by the IETF
   Administrative Support Activity (IASA).

Melia, et al.           Expires January 25, 2008                [Page 7]


_______________________________________________
MIPSHOP-MIH-DT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop-mih-dt