Subject: [Mipshop] version 07 of fast handovers draft

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:41:49 -0700

Hello folks,

I have revised the draft based on the outcome of the
dicussions we had. Specifically, the Three-party handover,
L2-optimized signaling sections and the associated text have
been deprecated. And, the FBU transmission from the new link
has been clearly specified. In addition, there was considerable
repition of text across sections the Porotocl Overview,
Protocol Details and Packet Format sections. I have tried to compress
and condense this into a crisper specification. I hope this comes
out better.

I have also made the following two changes.

1. There was brief discussion to add a bit in RtSolPr to request PAR
     to buffer packets. I have added some text to allow this as an
     option.

2. I have formatted FNA as an MH, rather than as a Destination Option,
     to maintain some consistency with FBU and FBack messages.

Please let me know what you think on these.

Also, when you provide feedback, please also include (if any)
alternative
text. That way, we can move faster in progressing the draft.

You may access the draft from

http://people.nokia.net/~rajeev/draft-ietf-mobileip-fast-mip6-07.txt

Have a nice weekend!

-Rajeev

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop