Subject: [Mipshop] F-HMIPv6 I-D updated

From: "Seok J. Koh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:54:25 +0900

Hello all,

The Fast Handover for HMIPv6 (F-HMIPv6) I-D has been revised 
and is now uploaded at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-02.txt

This revision work was facilitated by helpful comments/inputs from many people.
The major changes include:
- F-HMIPv6 overview is re-written
- Generic F-HMIPv6 scenarios are clarified: mobile-initiated and network-initiated
- Variants of F-HMIPv6 are simplified as 
   1) F-HMIPv6 with bicasting; 
   2) Reactive F-HMIPv6 without anticipation.

The abstract is given below. 
Any comments or view would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Seok J. Koh

<Abstract> 
    
      This document addresses Fast Handover over HMIPv6 networks. The MIPv6 
      mobility could be more enhanced by combining FMIPv6 with HMIPv6, in 
      which MIPv6 is benefited from all the advantages of the respective 
      schemes. An additional benefit by combining FMIPv6 with HMIPv6 is that 
      the overall handover latency in FMIPv6 will be more reduced since in 
      HMIPv6 the MN sends a location update with the local MAP, rather than 
      the HA and CN that are typically further way. This document describes 
      how to use FMIPv6 for HMIPv6 (F-HMIPv6). The F-HMIPv6 is designed to 
      be friendly with the data transport feature of HMIPv6. In F-HMIPv6, 
      the tunnel for fast handover is established between MAP and NAR, 
      rather than between PAR and NAR. For this purpose, the MN exchanges 
      the FMIPv6 messages with MAP, not PAR. The F-HMIPv6 utilizes the 
      FMIPv6 messages for handover support without further defining any new 
      messages. Two variants of F-HMIPv6 are also described: F-HMIPv6 with 
      bicasting and Reactive F-HMIPv6 without handover anticipation.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop